Ford Q1/March 2024 Sales Results

14 hours ago, Andrew L said:

It was fun for me too, I like making excel sheets and comparing numbers.  Have you made one that compares the large luxury SUVs at all?  I am curious if Grand Wagoneer has cut into Navigator sales at all.  I looked at the numbers and saw it passed Navigator but I wasn't sure if Navigator has been losing sales to it.  I am sure there is a trend there though.

I used to compare Cadillac and Lincoln......It became less "exciting" when GM switched to quarterly.

But I can work on putting something together......how far back do we want to go before Grand Wagoneer?

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I used to compare Cadillac and Lincoln......It became less "exciting" when GM switched to quarterly.

But I can work on putting something together......how far back do we want to go before Grand Wagoneer?

Maybe a year just to see if Navigator was holding steady or not.  I appreciate it!

3 hours ago, Andrew L said:

Maybe a year just to see if Navigator was holding steady or not.  I appreciate it!

We'll see how adventurous I get with it haha.

2018 would also be a good reference point with Navigator's redesign, but that would be 25 quarters lol....

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 10:41 AM, rmc523 said:

They need to lower prices like they've done on Mach E and Lightning.  Somewhere in between release pricing and what they have now.

On 4/17/2024 at 2:39 PM, silvrsvt said:

They dropped the price on the Bronco Sport this year...its roughly only a $500 difference between it and the new Escape on the low end. 

On 4/17/2024 at 3:16 PM, rmc523 said:

Bronco sales are down 25.79% for the year through March.

This is the concern I've voiced a few times on calling things commodity when the new wears off of them, sounds like Bronco and Bronco sport are turning into commodity products already if they can't command a premium anymore. Obviously the economy is playing a big part here, but if Ford can't keep the product fresh and "gotta have it" they aren't going to be able to generate the margins they want unless they can find more efficiency on the engineering/production side. Not saying the sky is falling or they're bad products or anything like that with a small amount of data, but it is a little concerning.

4 hours ago, Captainp4 said:

This is the concern I've voiced a few times on calling things commodity when the new wears off of them, sounds like Bronco and Bronco sport are turning into commodity products already if they can't command a premium anymore. Obviously the economy is playing a big part here, but if Ford can't keep the product fresh and "gotta have it" they aren't going to be able to generate the margins they want unless they can find more efficiency on the engineering/production side. Not saying the sky is falling or they're bad products or anything like that with a small amount of data, but it is a little concerning.

Commodity implies a lot more than lowered prices.  There is nothing about those vehicles that come close to being a commodity.  And they’re lowering prices after having raised prices significantly.  This is just a natural correction of prices that were higher than normal during times of short supply.

I agree they have to keep the products fresh to maintain margins.

• Like 1