Tesla stock surges as EV-maker says it will 'accelerate' the launch of cheaper cars

silvrsvt

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

Why do people still believe everything Musk says?

Cause it was put out during a shareholder meeting and not Musk directly?

"We have updated our future vehicle line-up to accelerate the launch of new models ahead of our previously communicated start of production in the second half of 2025," Tesla said in its first quarter shareholder release

As for them being able to do it in 2025, well that is the question. 

9 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Cause it was put out during a shareholder meeting and not Musk directly?

I don’t see the distinction.  If it came from Tesla it came from Musk, just like anything Ford says publicly came from Farley.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

From what I’ve seen they’re planning to make cheaper versions of existing vehicles not an all new model 2.

Tesla is being enigmatic about this, the basis of the 2 being low cost was changed construction process.

I assume that was cutting out more time consuming steps in the body shop area, the rumour was the vehicle

being gigacastings in a few major pieces that could be quickly joined…that process could be applied to the

next generation 3, Y, S and X if Tesla chose to do so.

And I suspect the deflection of the rumoured 2 to an autonomous taxi vehicle is probably an smart way

to cover what is really planned without lying in investment calls. Of course, this is speculation but you’re 

right about Musk announcements ending up being inaccurate but it serves the purpose of redirection 

away from disappointment over Q1 results falling short of expectation.

At some point, Tesla sales wil start to level out unless it offers a 2 sized vehicle that markets like 

Europe and China crave but I doing so that will probably carve into 3/Y sales as people in those

regions probably chose a smaller vehicle for their needs.