2024 FORD F250-F350 SUPER DUTY A/C Compress Problems

I have a 2024 FORD F350 7.3gas SUPER DUTY with 888 miles on it and the A/C is out, took it to my dealer and it turns out that the A/C compressor is bad and compressors are on backorder with no ETA.  Build date was February 29, 2024 per window sticker, picked it up at my dealership on March 29th, worked fine until June 15th. The sad part is there are many of these FORD SUPER DUTYs all over the U.S.A.  Just Google 2024 SUPER DUTY A/C problems. FORD I need an A/C compressor like yesterday, PLEASE help us!

Edited by NitroRichFire

This AC compressor issue is a real sticking point with prospective buyers; I am putting off ordering a truck until evidence appears that recent build dates are trouble free with respect to compressor failures. 

I was in a dealership in Corpus Christi last week and salesman told me they had two brand new Superduty trucks in for warranty repair to replace compressors. He said there are hundreds of compressors on back order, with no firm delivery date but likely end of August if not later. So Ford IS aware of the problem. 

This is not conducive to making me want to order a $90k hot-box in the middle of a south Texas summer. Personally I think Ford should step it up and do what it takes to fix these thousands of 2024 Superduties with bad AC compressors, including replacing all parts contaminated with metal particulate. So that the repairs are one-n-done. 

• Thanks 1

I have been following this issue for a couple of months.  It's a vendor problem, I am not sure who exactly the vendor is but it used to be Sanden that supplied most of the Ford A/C compressors.  Replacement compressors are indeed on backorder with no ETA.  With all the heat waves going on across the country, it's not a good time for Ford to be having problems like this.    

• Thanks 1