Ford Death Watch 14

"“Both the third quarter and fourth quarter of this year will be tough because of the production cuts on trucks and SUVs," Ford’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Don Leclair admitted, quashing the notion that the new Edge/MKX cross-border crossover will toss the floundering automaker a Taurus-like lifeline. "In addition, the first half of next year also will be tough." Coming off a $5.8b loss, what the Hell does “tough†mean? With $23.6b in the bank, the necessity to maintain [at least] a $5b pad just to keep the lights on, and a year-to-date hemorrhage knocking on $7.2b, she kennay take much more Captain!"

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=2526

"“Both the third quarter and fourth quarter of this year will be tough because of the production cuts on trucks and SUVs," Ford’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Don Leclair admitted, quashing the notion that the new Edge/MKX cross-border crossover will toss the floundering automaker a Taurus-like lifeline. "In addition, the first half of next year also will be tough." Coming off a $5.8b loss, what the Hell does “tough†mean? With $23.6b in the bank, the necessity to maintain [at least] a $5b pad just to keep the lights on, and a year-to-date hemorrhage knocking on $7.2b, she kennay take much more Captain!"

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=2526

your a moron get a life or stick that TOY-oda up your ass........

Doesn't the article totally ignore the fact that Ford brought in 2.5 Billion in sales and most of the losses where due to write offs?

Hell, we know Ford is going to lose more money. They're paying workers to stop working, they're paying to close plants that are hemorrhaging money, and they're paying dealerships to close down. All of that costs lots of money, but what is hoped is that it will make Ford smaller and more in line with their future market share, which is probably lower than today. All of the domestics are in pretty much the same boat - it's not the 1960's anymore and they're all getting smaller before they get bigger again. Life moves on.

Hell, we know Ford is going to lose more money. They're paying workers to stop working, they're paying to close plants that are hemorrhaging money, and they're paying dealerships to close down. All of that costs lots of money, but what is hoped is that it will make Ford smaller and more in line with their future market share, which is probably lower than today. All of the domestics are in pretty much the same boat - it's not the 1960's anymore and they're all getting smaller before they get bigger again. Life moves on.

GM also posted losses but they did recognize the downsizing and looked favorably at where GM is and their outlook.

Well, it's about new product. Here's The CarConnection's take on the Edge:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Vehicle_Re...181.A10999.html

"If all the questions and compliments we fielded as we drove an early Edge prototype at the vehicle's official launch in San Francisco were any indication, Ford might finally have landed a home run with a vehicle that really appeals to the masses."

Besides, there may soon be a new resident in the hurt locker: there are more signals that Chrysler's problems continue with inventory, this time, the discovery of acres of unsold 300's Chargers and Magnums. Consider the new rumor that Mercedes might try to flog Chrysler. Maybe Mitsu could leverage an acquisition?

http://autoextremist.com/mill.shtml

"Chrysler's Inventory Nightmare.

As an ever faithful Auto Extremist, I would like to give my surveillance report. As you know the lone Chrysler source for the Magnum/300/Charger group of cars is here in the Toronto suburbs in Brampton. We have an old air force base in the middle of the city. Like most old airport locations, it was once in the outskirts but the city has long since surrounded it. There is a highway that passes to the east of the base and from one vantage point it appears like a beast coming over the horizon. There are thousands of these cars parked on the airport property. This is bigger than any parking lot I have ever seen, temporary or otherwise. I once went to a NASCAR race in Charlotte and I could not believe how many cars were there. I come from a big city and I had never seen so many cars in one place. This Chrysler depot is larger than that."

The air base is called Downsview, originally on the NW outskirts. The dude isn't exaggerating, it's huge. I'll bet you could see all those sleds on a current satellite shot. The Google Maps photo is great, but is not current.

Well, it's about new product. Here's The CarConnection's take on the Edge:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Vehicle_Re...181.A10999.html

"If all the questions and compliments we fielded as we drove an early Edge prototype at the vehicle's official launch in San Francisco were any indication, Ford might finally have landed a home run with a vehicle that really appeals to the masses."

Besides, there may soon be a new resident in the hurt locker: there are more signals that Chrysler's problems continue with inventory, this time, the discovery of acres of unsold 300's Chargers and Magnums. Consider the new rumor that Mercedes might try to flog Chrysler. Maybe Mitsu could leverage an acquisition?

http://autoextremist.com/mill.shtml

"Chrysler's Inventory Nightmare.

As an ever faithful Auto Extremist, I would like to give my surveillance report. As you know the lone Chrysler source for the Magnum/300/Charger group of cars is here in the Toronto suburbs in Brampton. We have an old air force base in the middle of the city. Like most old airport locations, it was once in the outskirts but the city has long since surrounded it. There is a highway that passes to the east of the base and from one vantage point it appears like a beast coming over the horizon. There are thousands of these cars parked on the airport property. This is bigger than any parking lot I have ever seen, temporary or otherwise. I once went to a NASCAR race in Charlotte and I could not believe how many cars were there. I come from a big city and I had never seen so many cars in one place. This Chrysler depot is larger than that."

The air base is called Downsview, originally on the NW outskirts. The dude isn't exaggerating, it's huge. I'll bet you could see all those sleds on a current satellite shot. The Google Maps photo is great, but is not current.

Come on you guys. You all know that this is just part of Chrysler's master plan to flood the market with 2006 LX cars which they will sell at a loss in order to drive Ford out of business. Didn't you get Bluecon's memo or are those just the voices in his head?

Unsold LX cars will end up in rental fleets. CAFE says they can only sell X number of hemis, the V6 ones are sales turds. 300's have some 'buzz' still left, but all the 'home boys' are getting them used, now.

DCX's truck lineup, is there true pack of white elephants. No one wants a Durango, Aspen, Commander, or Dakota. And the Ram is now 4th rate. What the F will they do with all the unsold trucks??? Rental companies won't take them. They will end up donated to charites, or maybe parted out??

If any company is on a 'death watch', its Moparschnitzel.

Oh, and one more thing, someone said 'just wait, they will sell all them [leftovers] by year end, and make $$"

Umm, the end of this year is almost 2 months away!!!!! And NO ONE will want a 2006 'new car' in 2007!! Looks like Dr Z and "0% for life" will be on TV soon!

Edited by 630land