The details of the COA for MTP are out

lapsergio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone provide a summary of the agreement?

I actually saw a printout, but wasn't able to read it. Attempting to get a copy for myself.

Dunno, I just work there, lol. BTW, how are things down yonder at LAP? Looks like you fine folks get to keep your Explorer, and MTP will wait for something to be determined..after all, The Wizard did say we weren't CLOSING, just losing a shift..Methinks there are things afoot concerning MTP.

Dunno, I just work there, lol. BTW, how are things down yonder at LAP? Looks like you fine folks get to keep your Explorer, and MTP will wait for something to be determined..after all, The Wizard did say we weren't CLOSING, just losing a shift..Methinks there are things afoot concerning MTP.

Ur Plant an Lap are probably the chips :stats: :reading:

Chances are MTP will build versions of the next generation F-Series sometime in late 2008. At that time, I would presume the third shift at DTP will be eliminated.

Chances are MTP will build versions of the next generation F-Series sometime in late 2008. At that time, I would presume the third shift at DTP will be eliminated.

I don't know about DTP losing anything..they are the Golden Child afterall, but surely F150 volumes will increase once the "Boss" V8 and diesel V6 become available. Same would go for the Expedition if it's still around and if Ford decides to make those engines available in it as well. If volumes increase, they have to be built somewhere, and DTP, priviledged as it is, is still only one plant.

I don't know about DTP losing anything..they are the Golden Child afterall, but surely F150 volumes will increase once the "Boss" V8 and diesel V6 become available. Same would go for the Expedition if it's still around and if Ford decides to make those engines available in it as well. If volumes increase, they have to be built somewhere, and DTP, priviledged as it is, is still only one plant.

KCAP also builds the f150 you dolts.

We're hearing that the next generation Explorer will be built on a Volvo platform, unibody, and that it will be built at Chicago. As of right now, we have no future vehicle at LAP beyond 2009 CY. And the Wizard also hit on this a while back. It isn't looking good for MTP or LAP IMHO.

We're hearing that the next generation Explorer will be built on a Volvo platform, unibody, and that it will be built at Chicago. As of right now, we have no future vehicle at LAP beyond 2009 CY. And the Wizard also hit on this a while back. It isn't looking good for MTP or LAP IMHO.
Don't ya' think the next generation Explorer will be built where the "old" one is? I've had 5 of your SUV's and have NEVER been stranded, you people build an awesome product down there. I would think Ford would give you guys the "new" Explorer since you guys have done an awesome job. JMO.

What about the COA? Everyone is off topic! :slap:

A COA in general , can contain some pretty nasty language. such as : no over time , except anything over 40 hrs.

It can also call for no overtime premium , except over 40 hrs.

It allows for 7 day operation.

It calls for a TON of out sourcing for non value added work....Material handling, sub lines , Trades, cleaners,

engines, axels, ect.......

It can be very ugly

Can anyone provide a summary of the agreement?

I actually saw a printout, but wasn't able to read it. Attempting to get a copy for myself.

I have heard at KTP the dock is what will be affected,suppliers will be responsible for unloading there own trucks. Of course the cleanup outsourced,also the 40 hours before we get overtime.

The overtime issue is no different than any other company though. We are one of the few that pay overtime after 8 hours or before our 40 hours. Most pay overtime after 40 hours.

As far as MTP goes,i'd say it is not good when a plant goes to one shift.

It usually means they are going to close the plant sometime in the future, ask some of the people that have quite a bit of time in.

The new contract in 07 i think will show us what is going to be planned in the future. Since Mulally will have time to setup his plans for future product moves by then.

His latest article in the Detnews says the new contract with the UAW will need concessions for Ford to restore profitability. Also it will give Mulally sometime to get his management in order at Ford's headquarters.

Anybody with under 12 years i think needs to look at one of the buyout options. I have under 10 and have options outside ford,so i'm thinking things through with my family.

Edited by rc38

COA is a DONE DEAL. Look at the Detnews.com today, Mulally says Ford WILL be run like toyota.

There is a brand spanking new rumor at MTP, the top 1000 sen peeps will be offered transfers out of truck plant to other facilities and the rest will stay and close MTP in 2009. WAP will close in 2009 also ISA.

Exp/Nav will go to India plant and new gen focus to mex.

A COA in general , can contain some pretty nasty language. such as : no over time , except anything over 40 hrs.

It can also call for no overtime premium , except over 40 hrs.

It allows for 7 day operation.

It calls for a TON of out sourcing for non value added work....Material handling, sub lines , Trades, cleaners,

engines, axels, ect.......

It can be very ugly

Fishingdude, please elaborate on the outsourcing and AXLE info, if you can........

Good Lord, man. Here's the article. Big props to MTPlifer for the heads up. A majority of this info keys in on North American operations and moves to make it more profitable.........read the part where Mullay said he would take his plight directly to the factory worker on a personal level if need be. As in, totally stepping around Gettlefinger to reach us.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...UTO01/611110404

There is a skilled trades meeting on the 15th to let us know what is getting shoved down our throats next. COA :reading:

I know for a fact that Sterling has a large Trades meeting this past week, but I really don't know what came of it.

.........I saw all of our dock hi-lo drivers together and in an uproar as well.

COA is a DONE DEAL. Look at the Detnews.com today, Mulally says Ford WILL be run like toyota.

There is a brand spanking new rumor at MTP, the top 1000 sen peeps will be offered transfers out of truck plant to other facilities and the rest will stay and close MTP in 2009. WAP will close in 2009 also ISA.

India?

Who gave you this "brand spanking new rumor"? Is it someone in the plant that I can talk to on tuesday or did this rumor start with a little voice in your head. Most of the rumors that I hear come from people trying to convince themselves or others to take the buyout. The ones who are going to ride it out like me will just deal with whatever happens and at least keep 2 years of health care(10 years or more seniorty) and call back rights up to as many years served. If any one has a finacial plan that will work by taking the buyout and you can't stand working for Ford then you better take the buyout . One other thing, workers who yell "Bullshit" when management calls 9hrs or early break or lunch should shut the :censored: up , grow up or just take the buyout and move on.

Edited by sez

If this is the case, then why should the UAW pass the COA? Why would you want to help a company that is going to screw you in the end?

If this is the case, then why should the UAW pass the COA? Why would you want to help a company that is going to screw you in the end?

Look for the "carrot" real soon...The Rouge plant voted this COA in this past Sept... Dearborn Diversified (frame) plant were told the COA would give them a better chance at getting another frame to build. Dearborn Engine were told it gives them a better "chance" to get another engine...Dearborn Stamping were only running one line...I'm not sure what their "carrot" was, but all theree of these plants (rouge) voted this in...We at Dearborn Tool and die voted it down and so did DTP...It passed anyway so we're all stuck with it.

Look for them to offer you possible new work if you vote yes....the carrot is coming...

Nice rumor, but it ain't going to happen. The top 1,000 seniority people can't just bump into other plants, as chosen by whom? What? is this some special deal the union has just for MTP. What about AAP,NAP, Wixom, TCAP, is MTP something special, I think NOT!!!

The top seniority people will be the last to leave the plant, when and if it even closes? Unless, they announce that they are closing MTP real soon and allow people to sign-up for available transfers/openings?

Nice rumor, but it ain't going to happen. The top 1,000 seniority people can't just bump into other plants, as chosen by whom? What? is this some special deal the union has just for MTP. What about AAP,NAP, Wixom, TCAP, is MTP something special, I think NOT!!!

The top seniority people will be the last to leave the plant, when and if it even closes? Unless, they announce that they are closing MTP real soon and allow people to sign-up for available transfers/openings?

I don't know anything about MTP,but the top seniority production people at Wixom where offered the chance to leave first .This happend a few years ago when we lost a shift.