Where is the RANGER Going??????

bbob

My opinion is somewhere in Michigan. Possibly Wixom. Would be sweet if they started building a bronco again. Just a thought :idea:

The Bronco is being built in Mexico,I beleive it's coming out as a 2009 model..They were going to come out with it in 2007 but decided they wanted it to be a low cost vehicle so plans changed and now it will come out too late to compete with its competition the Toyota FJ Cruiser..Once again Ford is bringing a vehicle that would sell to the market to late!

Just curious if anyone knows what is happening with this truck??? If Ford plans on building this thing with temps for the next year they really are planning on killing it!! Just wondering.....

I'm guessing Thailand. That is where the crew-cab Ranger has been made for many years.

I'm guessing Thailand. That is where the crew-cab Ranger has been made for many years.

Put it in Dearborn truck..they certainly have capacity for future product..it'll be

the size of a frontier, kinda 3/4 full size i was told...keep it built in th US for

goodness sake or competition can use that against us etc. Bring it out fast

as possible FORD! Why have we lost gorund when we owned this category??

stupidity or cryin famin for contract neg. in sept. '07? Get tuff UAW leadership!

That will be Ford's worst mistake yet.

i agree to some extent on size issue....they want to call it F-100 rumor is...

that i feel will be very cool but ranger still has following & great reputation...

why kill a good thing?...does taurus come to mind???

They MUST build in US though.....UAW must stop exodus of product to

Mexico etc...a few things are justified but....we'll turn out like VW if this

keeps up & they are a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree to some extent on size issue....they want to call it F-100 rumor is...

that i feel will be very cool but ranger still has following & great reputation...

why kill a good thing?...does taurus come to mind???

They MUST build in US though.....UAW must stop exodus of product to

Mexico etc...a few things are justified but....we'll turn out like VW if this

keeps up & they are a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The absolute best place to build it would be Louisville Assembly where they can utilize the Explorer platform, a larger model of the engine from the Ford Edge, a six speed automatic transmission, and some sporty styling. Unfortutately, that makes too much sense so what are the chances of Ford being smart and productive for a change. :happy feet: :happy feet: :shades:

Forget about building any thing close to Ranger here in the US..i..e.F-100..etc..Ford won't do it, if they do their sale in full side pick-up will fall, they are not going to do it, they learned their lesson from had two similar products..i..e..Expedition and large Explorer (remember Bronco? full side and small side?) That's why they came out with Escape so they can do away with explorer. I strongly believed future of the US Rangers pick-up will fade out and be done by the end of 2007.

The absolute best place to build it would be Louisville Assembly where they can utilize the Explorer platform, a larger model of the engine from the Ford Edge, a six speed automatic transmission, and some sporty styling. Unfortutately, that makes too much sense so what are the chances of Ford being smart and productive for a change. :happy feet: :happy feet: :shades:

Good Post. Sad to say the people running ford do not seem to show any damn business sense. Louisville which builds the Explorer which is a bit larger than the Ranger would be the best, and cheapest place for ford to build the new F-100. But why not keep calling it a Ranger? Toyota and Honda do not change the names of their name plates and their sales keep going up. I would move the production to LAP call it a Ranger and get the damn price down. If Bill, Alan, and Mark can't do that lets fire them and get someone who can. :happy feet: :hyper: :happy feet:

i still say keep the ranger close to its current size. make it just big enough for a bench seat in the back that kids will fit in especially car seats for the supercab. and make a 4 door with a 6ft box. give it a v8. offer a 4cy 4wd. and updated sheetmetal.

that said my guess is that ford will stop making the ranger and have no replacement. instead they will meet cafe with a v6 diesel in the 150. or maybe even a de-tuned v6 with a 6sp. from what i have been hearing an f-150 with a v6 and a manual trans gets 23-25 on the highway and a 4cy man trans ranger gets 28-30. the only problem would be the cost difference.

ford is very concerned about f-series sales. they want to stay on top bad enough i could see them eliminating the ranger as competition just like it was a chevy.

Remember that the Ford mini pickup (Courier) started out as an imported, rebadged truck. It was only when Ford saw enough volume that they made them themselves. BTW, the Courier came with the Lima 2.3L engine and presumably a Ford transmission.

To me it makes (business) sense to import the Thailand Ranger. All the Ranger is these days is a low cost work truck. Many are used in fleet applications where the buyers simply buy what is least expensive and fairly reliable. Building a "bigger, better" Ranger won't help those sales and in fact will hurt them.

Will not build the Bronco in LAP.... they are losing the explorer when it goes to a unibody... will close plant its an obsolete full body plant....the bad news is mtp will be closed before then...

MTP is not closing- it is part of the colateral package that Ford pledged for its big $18 billion loan

Actually the absolutely best place to build it would remain Twin Cities :slap: