Faulty Flowback??

duhblow7

Cheers to all the dazed and confused....Those of us who started on Production and have ended up on Skilled Trades were forced to choose whether to sign up for flowback for Production or Skilled Trades..not both. This doesn't seem to be quite Kosher to me. I would like to flowback as a Tradesman, however, taking into consideration the probabilities of that event, and the pesky desires of my family to eat, I opted not to gamble and signed up as a Production worker....Some of my fellow Tradesmen with less seniority may end up at the same plant working as a Tradesman just because they were willing to gamble with there futures. I believe we should be able to flow as Production if that comes first, then if a Skilled job arises and your seniority allows, you should be able to move to that position. There would still only be one spot taken. Maybe I'm wrong.....nah. Please feel free to share. :stirpot:

Cheers to all the dazed and confused....Those of us who started on Production and have ended up on Skilled Trades were forced to choose whether to sign up for flowback for Production or Skilled Trades..not both. This doesn't seem to be quite Kosher to me. I would like to flowback as a Tradesman, however, taking into consideration the probabilities of that event, and the pesky desires of my family to eat, I opted not to gamble and signed up as a Production worker....Some of my fellow Tradesmen with less seniority may end up at the same plant working as a Tradesman just because they were willing to gamble with there futures. I believe we should be able to flow as Production if that comes first, then if a Skilled job arises and your seniority allows, you should be able to move to that position. There would still only be one spot taken. Maybe I'm wrong.....nah. Please feel free to share. :stirpot:

Do you realize how many flowbacks Ford has to deal with? Yes, you should have to choose either production or trades on your flowback sheet. Ford needs to take care of the flowbacks as quickly as possible, your way would take forever. Once you are in a plant and a trade comes up then go back to trades. Sorry, but with everything that is going on, that is a whinny, poor me, question.

Look, I am a Skilled trades person also. We all have hard choices to make. If you want to stay working at Ford's then make a choice and forget about it. Most skilled trades jobs will be modified due to COA. This Coa will eliminate large numbers of trades.

You should be happy that the unioun allows you to flow back to production.

Look, I am a Skilled trades person also. We all have hard choices to make. If you want to stay working at Ford's then make a choice and forget about it. Most skilled trades jobs will be modified due to COA. This Coa will eliminate large numbers of trades.

You should be happy that the unioun allows you to flow back to production.

I couldn't agree more. This person wants it all HIS way. WTF? The choice for you is simple, if you have more seniority as production, then...............?

Just want to say that I'm not involved in the flowbacks (yet?) cuz at TCAP transfers and whatnot are not even being mentioned as an option. I'm hanging on with the hope that maybe something will work out when they close this place. That said, I started in production and made my way into the trades, BUT if going back to production is what it'll take to keep getting a check from FORD and my last 10 years, then so be it. Now is not the time to be picky. That trade experience will always be there to fall back on after I have 30 and decide to move on.

:slap:

Like a little cheese with that big ass glass of WHINE?

Just wanted to say how refreshing it was to read your replies. Don't be afraid, however, to express how you truly feel. It has been my pleasure during my tenure at Ford to always have uplifting and positive comments expressed by my fellow comrads.....That is why I shall try and stay with Ford, no matter in what field, not for the pay and benefits, but for the companionship and comradery of my many union brothers and sisters across the nation. :finger: Enjoy your evening.

Cheers to all the dazed and confused....Those of us who started on Production and have ended up on Skilled Trades were forced to choose whether to sign up for flowback for Production or Skilled Trades..not both. This doesn't seem to be quite Kosher to me.

:finger::finger::finger: I joined a union when I was 16 and that was many years ago. I must agree with the org. poster. Its sad to see most of the posters want to knock you. You are right, you should be able to sign up to flow and if trades come up you go or production you go (if you so choose). Reading the posts I wonder how many of these guys are really union people? Sounds like they want to divide like the company wants, you know trades vs production. If it wasn't for the trades production would have never been unionized. Study history, unions started in trades. Look at some airlines ie; delta. the pilots were the highest paid in the business and yet having their own union they left everyone else out, and yes the other workers made a lot less than say eastern airlines. So wake up and lets join forces, production and trades as one. one senority. ps. the responses that say be glad you have a job and quit crying, sound like you guys are the cry babies, grow up be a man and stand up for what is right. :stirpot:

Just wanted to say how refreshing it was to read your replies. Don't be afraid, however, to express how you truly feel. It has been my pleasure during my tenure at Ford to always have uplifting and positive comments expressed by my fellow comrads.....That is why I shall try and stay with Ford, no matter in what field, not for the pay and benefits, but for the companionship and comradery of my many union brothers and sisters across the nation. :finger: Enjoy your evening.

Do not feel that you are getting bad advice here. Everybody hopes that you and your family make out during these trying times. We are all in the same boat, many of us have not only ourselves to worry about, but family members that work here also.

I do not remeber the exact quote, But here is the jest of it.

"Stick together or Hang apart" I for one think we UAW members should stick together.

Help a person who is worse off than yourself, it will help them a little and you a whole lot.

Edited by afcspaniel

As I had posted in another thread; it seemed as though Trades were being punished for bettering themselves by becoming Trades with the company. I say this only because as it stood; if your plant was to cut back on Trades, you were then allowed to re-enter production (if hired as that). No one ever questioned that. Now we are in a situation of "flow back" and the option of Trades/production is no longer. I see that it would be a very complicated process for up north and I also see how others in production would feel as though Trades were getting an upper hand; but I find it more "allowable" than the EXTENDED medicals to be allowed to jump right in and take the buy out after not working for extensive periods. And when I refer to medicals, please note that these are cases that ????.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand it to be that if you are a Trade and you choose to flow back under production, I think that you just kissed your Trade good-bye.

Here at home we decided to flow back (in a dream) as Trades and if it doesn't happen, then look outside of Ford. Why throw that experience & education out the door?

I will just say that we are very fortunate to have "a choice" and you deal with it in whatever way it comes to be. Let us support each other and the different opinions that go along with that. The Trades being disappointed in the process and all of us in the "zone" option really are one in the same. We are faced with CHANGE and none of us want to see it, let alone put our families through it.

Good luck to all, no matter what plant, what job...good luck to you and your family!

Once you are in a plant and a trade comes up then go back to trades.

HOW?!?

All you get is "preferential consideration" if the plant desides to hire off the street. WTF is that?

Apprentices will be put on before a tradesman from another plant who had to go back to production.

Tradesmen sent back to production cannot go through the apprenticeship program again either, even if he/she wanted to move into another trade.

Someone on the trades waiting list at one plant can have their name put on the list at another plant upon arrival. Thus they have a much better chance of getting the trades job than the former journeyman.

Ford and the UAW have done nothing to address the issue.

Duhblow7 never siad he wouldn't go back to production. His complaint is with not being able to get back on trades once he reaches his new plant.

This isn't whining, it's a legitimate complaint which is not being answered except for a big "FUCK YOU" from the union and company.

As MonkeyButt stated ... maybe he should be thankful he has a choice to transfer at all...it is tiring reading all the whining about flowbacks and transfers when here at TCAP we're like the red-headed step-child....kicked in Ass. At least you get the choice.

I guess my response was misinterpreted. I didn't mean to imply that he should be happy with being given the opportunity to transfer in any capacity. I, myself, would be happy to go in any capacity. It would be perfect to be able to sign up for both and if you had to go as production, retained the right to go back to your trade when a spot opens. I understand your being pissed at only being given the option of one or the other. I also know that the union should come forward and protect your right to do so. But right now everything is upside down and it doesn't appear the union is holding up their end of the bargain. I hope you make it as a tradesman like you deserve.

Sorry to misinterpret. It is unfortunate what is happening. But at this point I would really like to have an option as far as a transfer goes. It is hard to read people complaining about the options they have when some of us who did not want to have to leave our jobs aren't even getting that option. Our plant is closing, and all the other plants closing seem (and I say SEEM with caution) to have way more options than we are getting.

I mean no disrespect - honest!

I agree with end of time. ONE SENORITY DATE. PERIOD. If you put in 20 yrs with Ford and you get an opportunity to go into the trades, you should have all of your seniority to bid on dept., shift, overtime and anything else that tenure would give you privledge to. Than if your a tradesman and you get laid off or your plant closes, you will be given the opportunity to go to a unskilled classification if your seniority permits. Its a win/win situation for everyone.

Nows the time to put in resolutions for the national negotiations. The more that put in the better chance you have in getting it.

Production people should put them in too. In the next 5 to 10 yrs theres going to be a shortage of trades in the auto industry. When Ford hires off the street, and then you with 10 yrs takes the apprentice test, pass and go into the program, the person would have say 1 yr. with Ford Motor Co. and you'd have 10 yrs and you would be laid off first.

This really needs changed for everyone.

GM went through this same scenario 6 months ago. Trades went back as production, as soon as they got thier production jobs at the new facility they started putting pressure to return to trades in the new location. Once there, they realized years would have to pass before any openings occured with no recourse. No out. Be careful of your choice..........

Hey Folks, I just wanted to say that I hope everything works out for everyone. I do, however, think that those of us in this particular situation should be able to go back to trades if and when the opportunity arises. I mean no disrespect to anyone else's situation and we would still only be taking one spot.....if we moved to trades, our production job would need to be filled. Merry Christmas, and remember.......don't fondle the manicans. :stats: