For Fans of the 427 Concept

I love that car... That video was fun to watch...

Ford SUCKS for not building it... Being a Ford enthusiast all my life, I resent that!

I also resent that I cannot even buy a scale model of it like you can most concept cars...

Yes they do suck, look how many people bought the DCX copy of it, I think Ford could have sold twice what Chrysler did, what a shame the production version became a FWD econobox.. :nonono:

That is weird that nobody makes any 427 toys, you can get all sizes and colors of ofother concepts like the GR1, Shelby Cobra, the Mustang concept, but no 427. It's like ford wants us to forget it ever existed..

The reason it was so popular is because it was a good looking, modern, hi powered RWD sedan, but Ford refuses to give the customers what they want, let's just hope Mulally realizes how bad Ford needs a RWD sedan.

I felt the same way until I saw it in person...the camera is very kind to it. I was wickedly underwhelmed.

What exactly were your objections to seeing it in person? I do know that when viewing concepts, they sometimes have an unrefined handmade look, lack of detail and proportion that is not necessarily appropriate for a production vehicle. From what I surmise perhaps it is a little small in areas it needs to be bigger. Stretch and skew the styling and basic proportions on the right size platform and I think it would be great. It's mostly the style and package that I am attracted to. It doesn't have to have the V10 engine. Just give it the same powertrain options as a Mustang. The front end of the 427 Concept looks a little out of proportion after a few years. It has something to do with the headlamps. Also, the interior has some good styling theme but it seems a little stark and underdeveloped.

Regardless of some detail shortcomings which can be refined into a production appropriate vehicle I think it is the way Ford should have went. I turned the photo of the 427 Concept into a Thunderbird coupe I developed more insatiable lust. Thats the emotional reaction Ford cars need to evoke accross the line.

All I can say is, if anyone wants a nice medium sized V8 powered RWD Ford sedan, they can buy the Lincoln LS on the used market. Although the styling is not modern and is ambiguously import looking like a Mitsubishi Galant, it's a bargain on the used car market and I am seeing more people buying those used than when they were new. It's interesting that some cars like the LS and Cadillac Catera have more attraction in the used car market simply because people can get a Lincoln or Cadillac at used Accord or Camry prices. Often those people aspire to own one new but can't quite afford it, so they satify their desire for the marque by buying one used.

Edited by Watchdevil

The biggest problem with the 427 is that the time to build it has come and gone. The styling is already aging and a direct translation to a RWD sedan wouldn't do much good. Its like the 49 coupe...the time to build it has come and gone, its already a memory. At least the 427 influnced the Fusion so it wasn't "boring"

The biggest problem with the 427 is that the time to build it has come and gone. The styling is already aging and a direct translation to a RWD sedan wouldn't do much good. Its like the 49 coupe...the time to build it has come and gone, its already a memory. At least the 427 influnced the Fusion so it wasn't "boring"

Yes, so then they should take the new Falcon chassis, give us a better styled "new" 427 i na couple years, 3.5L, 5.8L and an "SVT" 6.2L and we have ourselves a winner...:)

Everything that got Ford to the current spot between rocks and well rocks is embodied in that concept. The very good and all the bad.

Thanks Ford, my sister wanted one too...another sale for audi.

Thanks to M. M. for posting that. Rare to find something that induces such joy, sorrow and frustration all at once.

Except maybe family......