Can This Man Save the American Auto Industry

Lemon, I do have to give you creative props, however I think Bill Ford's stepping down was just acknowledging something that has always been prevalent in the Ford family, even to the point of Henry Ford.

As each generation of the Ford family comes of age, there is less of that flare that made the Ford Motor Company what it was. Henry Ford may not have been the brightest light bulb, heck I've read that he was illiterate, and couldn't read mechanical prints. Not going to call foul on that, but he was tinkerer, and had dreams and aspirations. As a result he surrounded himself with people that could make his dreams possible, and rewarded them appropriatley.

Fast forward 100 years, and you just don't see that kind of tenacity, or logic any more. The family has a billion dollars, and are sheltered. They never had to earn anything, and not every family member is identical copies of Henry Ford. There are people that want different things in life, take the current Edsel, not too involved in the business. That's okay, it's a free country, however, if a family owned business is to stay, the family has to show interest. I ask, are there any Ford family members that are degreed engineers, would make sense, no? But you don't see that, it's always been their name to make the title, not anything that was ever earned, and that's the problem.

I would be happy to see more tinkers come out of the Ford family and run the business, but they are just too damn rich for their own good.

He appoints the 635 members of Congress?? :huh:
Well duh!!!!

Didnt you know that? He also caused global warming, created Katrina personally stuffed ballot boxes across the country, blew up the world trade center AND he is working on driving the earth directly into the sun.

:finger::hysterical: :happy feet:

This is an old news article that predates The Way Forward MK 1.

Pretty tough to fool you Aussies!!

Quote Bluecon

"It is almost comical to read this at this point in time."

And I did say "a look back". Those were definite clues that this was an older article and we were looking back to compare the prediction to the truth.