Found On Road Dead Again

KYSkipper

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real question is --Why doesn't Ford step in and fix this truck?

No, the real question is "What does he expect US to do about it?"

This is a Ford Employee forum, not a lemon law forum, not a warranty department forum, not a corporate policy forum.

Chances are slim to little that more than 15 people posting here actually physically touched his truck, let alone can do anything to change his predicament.

One post, you have my sympathy, I would try to help if I could. Once it gets to a few separate threads, that's spamming. On top of that, we learn that the situation is suspect.

So again, the real question is "What does he expect US to do about it?"

Where do you live. I was at a dealer yesterday seeing a friend who works in the truck repair shop. One of the mechanics was working on a 6.0 that keeps cutting off. It must have been in a few times because he appeared to be tired of working on it. He did get it to quit cutting off but now it's very hard to start. The other mechanic said ship it, he didn't bring it in for that. He was joking of course.

You cannot help him. Everybody on this forum and on the other Diesel forums have given him telephone numbers, names, and places to take this truck to try to get it fixed. We have heard no response to any of the numbers he was given straight into KTP for help. Nor has he replied on any of the other suggestions hhe has been given of here. He just like to come on here and complain about a truck that might have been messed up before he put a chip on it in Performance mode or not. Who knows. Frankly I am tired of hearing about it if you are not going to take our suggestions then just go away.

The real question is --Why doesn't Ford step in and fix this truck?

The facts are, Kentucky's lemon law is 12,000 miles, that's it. It doesn't matter if the vehicle is still under warranty, it's 12,000 miles. I've talked to the BBB, Lemonlaw.whatever (they don't operate in Kentucky), and several lawyers. Nobody will touch it because 1. It would cost a fortune to fight the case even if they won 2. Given Kentucky's lax laws, they don't think they can win.

The long and short is, there's nothing for me to do except loose about $20,000 on this deal and buy another truck. Well, Ford may not be willing to do squat for me, but I'm more than willing to share the story of how they treated me. You may not like hearing it, personally, I could care less. Remember, I'm that guy that has been buying Ford vehicles for 20 years. What do you want to bet in the next few days there will be 1 less Ford in my driveway and 1 more something else?

Ford can file bankruptcy, go out of busines, jump in Lake Michigan, I could care less. You can cop that attitude all you want, there are more auto manufacturers than Ford. Ford does not have a monopoly on the business, it has serious competition as evident from it's slip from the #2 automaker to the #4. The attitude they have toward taking care of customers with faulty products will put them down fast.

Skipper

I asked you a straight up if you used any of the numbers or suggestions from anyone on this board? You have never answered that question. I have dealt with the lemon law in Kentucky and Lawyers also for a buyback with an RV the whole unit leaked from from to back the best they could do was a rebuild it was 6 months old, we were stuck with it. As long as the Dealer was willing to repair it I had to let them they were honoring their warranty. Different situation same problem, you are not the only one it happens every day. You may wish Ford fails, but you are also wishing alot of innocent people lose their jobs, maybe even their homes. These people have children they are supporting and that remark pisses me off.

Ford could have took care of this, and yes, I've tried everything I know how to try, and used suggestions and all I've gotten for it is a circle jerk that costs me more money each time. Meanwhile, a truck I bought for my business has been out of service approximately 5 months so far this year.

I can't afford lawyers that charge $300 to write a letter that doesn't do diddly squat. I can't immagine what it would cost to actually take this thing to court, most likely more than I'd loose taking my loss on this truck and buying something else. Meanwhile, I'd have to put up with a work truck that may or may not get me to where I need to go and back.

All I've gotten from Ford's employees is lip service. Hell, I could get the same line of BS at Wal Mart. Any manufacturer that treats customers that way and backs it's products with poor service the way Ford has backed this one will not stay in business. If their employees are dumb enough to ride the ship to the bottom and drown, then so be it. The smart thing to do would be to find a job somewhere else before the boat sinks to the bottom.

There is no excuse for they way they are treating their truck customers with problems. Nobody should have to bring their lawyer with them to the mechanic shop to see to it that a vehicle is repaired or replaced. Common sense ought to prevail and reasonable settlements ought to be reached without a 20 round battle in the courthouse or some circle jerk with some advocate. I believe in doing what I say. If I tell you that I'm giving you a 100,000 mile warranty, I'd take care of business and not put it on my customer to force me to take care of business. Lets be honest, after 2 and a half years, that truck isn't repairable. To believe it is would require an idiot drinking Jim Jones' Koolaid.

Yep, I'm going to loose 10's of thousands of dollars on this deal, but you can bet your bottom dollar, I'll cost Ford tripple that in sales. They do not give a hoot about me as a customer, and that is their right. It's also my right to not give a hoot about them.

Skipper

Well you know what if you think that chevy and dodge don't have problems and recalls and fail some of their custamers than you are playing with your self!!!!!!!! If your so hell bent on getting a new truck in your driveway then do IT !! You have done the easy part you keep talking about it !! GO TRADE THIS TRUCK IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! Hey toyota is coming out with their new full size in about a month hell I think a few might be out go get one of them!! If you think because of your crying you will change other peoples minds your nuts!! Everyone knows that every brand vehciles have, had or will have problems sometimes and shit happens no one is perfect. Hell you said you own a business and this is a truck for your business I BET IF WE TALKED TO EVERYONE OF YOUR CUSTERMERS IN THE PAST YEARS WE COULD FIND AT LEAST ONE IF NOT MANY THAT WILL SAY YOU FUCKED THEM OR SCREWED THEM OR THAT YOUR THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT THAT THEY KNOW !!!!! SO IT WORKS BOTH WAYS JACKASS!!!! THE BOTTOM LINE IS YOU CAN NOT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY WE ARE NOT PERFECT NOR ARE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So go trade your truck in and be done. If you rember a few years back when chevy first came out with the duramax they had TONS of problems for a couple of the first years are all their buyers happy?? probaly not . so you have done the easy part now finish it go to the dealer and trade it in but do me a favor don't buy a FORD we don't want people like you in our trucks !!!!!!!

The facts are, Kentucky's lemon law is 12,000 miles, that's it. It doesn't matter if the vehicle is still under warranty, it's 12,000 miles. I've talked to the BBB, Lemonlaw.whatever (they don't operate in Kentucky), and several lawyers. Nobody will touch it because 1. It would cost a fortune to fight the case even if they won 2. Given Kentucky's lax laws, they don't think they can win.

The long and short is, there's nothing for me to do except loose about $20,000 on this deal and buy another truck. Well, Ford may not be willing to do squat for me, but I'm more than willing to share the story of how they treated me. You may not like hearing it, personally, I could care less. Remember, I'm that guy that has been buying Ford vehicles for 20 years. What do you want to bet in the next few days there will be 1 less Ford in my driveway and 1 more something else?

Ford can file bankruptcy, go out of busines, jump in Lake Michigan, I could care less. You can cop that attitude all you want, there are more auto manufacturers than Ford. Ford does not have a monopoly on the business, it has serious competition as evident from it's slip from the #2 automaker to the #4. The attitude they have toward taking care of customers with faulty products will put them down fast.

Skipper

:stop: I'll still continue to buy Ford vehicles but they won't be off a Ford dealer's lot for one and right now Chevy/GMC trucks look awfully tempting right now.

It looks like you're giving this guy the typical "Ford treatment" to get rid of a customer....

Everything is so "deja-vu"....

You guys won't change! Blame it on the customer and sweep the problems under the rug... and the customers are going away one by one. Is that what you really want? With market share price around 7$ I wouldn't spit on a customer like you are doing here...

Some of you deserve sympathy as you were victims of the evil mega corporation that is Ford but we must admit that some of you are [insert insults and personal attacks here]..... :censored:

Anyway! Ford won't change and some of the BlueOval trolls won't change either....

Skipper: We feel sorry for your problems. You're welcome in the club of Ford's dissatisfied customers! Sorry to say that but I think Ford has decided to let you go to the competition...

Amen!

Ford could have took care of this, and yes, I've tried everything I know how to try, and used suggestions and all I've gotten for it is a circle jerk that costs me more money each time. Meanwhile, a truck I bought for my business has been out of service approximately 5 months so far this year.

I can't afford lawyers that charge $300 to write a letter that doesn't do diddly squat. I can't immagine what it would cost to actually take this thing to court, most likely more than I'd loose taking my loss on this truck and buying something else. Meanwhile, I'd have to put up with a work truck that may or may not get me to where I need to go and back.

All I've gotten from Ford's employees is lip service. Hell, I could get the same line of BS at Wal Mart. Any manufacturer that treats customers that way and backs it's products with poor service the way Ford has backed this one will not stay in business. If their employees are dumb enough to ride the ship to the bottom and drown, then so be it. The smart thing to do would be to find a job somewhere else before the boat sinks to the bottom.

There is no excuse for they way they are treating their truck customers with problems. Nobody should have to bring their lawyer with them to the mechanic shop to see to it that a vehicle is repaired or replaced. Common sense ought to prevail and reasonable settlements ought to be reached without a 20 round battle in the courthouse or some circle jerk with some advocate. I believe in doing what I say. If I tell you that I'm giving you a 100,000 mile warranty, I'd take care of business and not put it on my customer to force me to take care of business. Lets be honest, after 2 and a half years, that truck isn't repairable. To believe it is would require an idiot drinking Jim Jones' Koolaid.

Yep, I'm going to loose 10's of thousands of dollars on this deal, but you can bet your bottom dollar, I'll cost Ford tripple that in sales. They do not give a hoot about me as a customer, and that is their right. It's also my right to not give a hoot about them.

Skipper

well,dont buy a ford, buy a nissan!