Malibu Exterior Teaser

Kool_ZX3

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/1995

I thought this car would look a hell of alot better then this.....

I was expecting more, GM and FOrd are is a spot where they can't afford any duds and especially on such an important vehicle as the malibu........................too dull and not feeling the cheapo headlights GM and Ford aren't breaking away from.

but i do like the attention to detail on the body work below the grill and tail lights. I know it is minimal but ford likes to keep everythin generic below the grill an tail lights.

Edited by DCK

well it is not official yet .. but if that is it, then the car is going to underwhelm a great deal ..

The profile looks nice... but it needs better front .. I really hope GM does not screw this one up .. they have had great record recently.

Igor

I was expecting more,

but i do like the attention to detail on the body work below the grill and tail lights. I know it is minimal but ford likes to keep everythin generic below the grill an tail lights.

uhm .. the lower fascia a carbon copy standard Chevy deal .. Cobalt even G6 have the very same lower fascia .. no detailing there (or maybe I am referring to something else than you do)

PS: it is a handsome vehicle .. just not as game changing, as I was expecting ..

Igor

I was expecting more, GM and FOrd are is a spot where they can't afford any duds and especially on such an important vehicle as the malibu........................too dull and not feeling the cheapo headlights GM and Ford aren't breaking away from.

Cheapo headlights? What because they aren't projectors? Care to elaborate a little?

I was expecting a bit more. Mehhh.

It's better then the current.... But it's way to underwhelming after all the hype the GM faithful kept going on about....

Headlights look they were designed 10 years ago, i hate the grill design, way to big for the car IMO...

I was just expecting alot more then this....

Mmmm, I hear ya there. That said the fog lights on my Fusion are projectors, but the headlights aren't. If the Milan wasn't such a bastardized Fusion I would have bought one of those instead for the headlights alone.

well at least we have the Milan ...

I think the Milan is the way to go in any case .. the headlights and LED tails alone are worth the $1k extra .. let alone the better dealer experience and some interior upgrades ...

I think it really comes down to the fact, that no one will pay fair price for a Ford, but making a cheap ford - dressed down compared to competition, and then dressing it appropriately as a Mercury, for $1k extra, lets them get the fair price.

Igor

well at least we have the Milan ...

I think the Milan is the way to go in any case .. the headlights and LED tails alone are worth the $1k extra .. let alone the better dealer experience and some interior upgrades ...

I think it really comes down to the fact, that no one will pay fair price for a Ford, but making a cheap ford - dressed down compared to competition, and then dressing it appropriately as a Mercury, for $1k extra, lets them get the fair price.

Igor

No doubt the Milan is better equipped, Im just not a fan of the looks that's all.

I too was expecting much more.... I mean, as usual, GM has copied Ford...in this case, the new mantra of incorporating more bold faces on vehicles. Considering the current Malibu, this is a huge improvement, specifically the interior. What I'm disliking is the engine/hood cut out line. Just as the Volvo S40...just TAKE THE FREAKIN edge of the line, to the top of the grill opening like everyone else does...It's NOT that hard. Makes it look as if they forgot the engine, and they cut out an opening for it....

But again, that's just personal taste which is subjective.

At least now travelers will have a better looking rental car to ride in.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/1995

I thought this car would look a hell of alot better then this.....

It certainly shares some family resemblance to the upcoming Lamda-based large CUV that Chevy will soon be getting (sister vehicle to the Saturn Outlook and Buick Enclave).

I think that was the point, and I think they pulled it off well.

Either way, it looks a hundred times better than the current Malibu-- just about anything does.

I too was expecting much more.... I mean, as usual, GM has copied Ford...in this case, the new mantra of incorporating more bold faces on vehicles.

That makes no sense, GM focusing more on Design is all of a sudden copying Ford?

Its something the market place demands.

It's a 150 times sexier than the car it replaces. But it is what I expected... Basically a Chevy version of the Saturn Aura. It's not a car that is trying to win a beauty contest, but in my opinion it looks better than any Accord or Camry and I'd rather be seen driving it.

However, the Fusion, Milan and MKZ are still my pick in this class...

Edited by Watchdevil