DTP employees vandalize NAP vehicles ?

NorfolkBuilt

Ohhhhh boy. I know many of the people going to DTP. A few called home and said that their car windows were smashed out while they were at the training facility . They also said that the plant manager is paying out of pocket to fix the damage and offered apologies and complimented NAP's history. . They are also giving free loaner vehicles is they cant get the damaged fixed quickly

WTF ? When I was told this,my jaw hit the floor. Are fellow UAW brothers doing this ? Some heads better roll for this shit. I didnt transfer,but if I did,I would REFUSE to work until someone was arrested !. From the way it looks,if anyone finds out you are from NAP ,there could be some serious security risks . If this is true, this shows the lack of ball's and class in the ranks. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhh boy. I know many of the people going to DTP. A few called home and said that their car windows were smashed out while they were at the training facility . They also said that the plant manager is paying out of pocket to fix the damage and offered apologies and complimented NAP's history. . They are also giving free loaner vehicles is they cant get the damaged fixed quickly

WTF ? When I was told this,my jaw hit the floor. Are fellow UAW brothers doing this ? Some heads better roll for this shit. I didnt transfer,but if I did,I would REFUSE to work until someone was arrested !. From the way it looks,if anyone finds out you are from NAP ,there could be some serious security risks . If this is true, this shows the lack of ball's and class in the ranks. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

it is sad, but i would expect this....up here every man fights one another...and we have no unity....

although i would not do this..i kow several who would....

SAD!

Damn we must have been posting at the same time!!! You can bet you ass it was some one from DTP. Just go back and read some of old posts and see the shit that was being slung at the people that were talking about transferring from NAP to DTP. This doesn't suprsies me one bit!!! That's why I'm so glad I'm getting away from Ford and the UAW. Can you imagine what it's going to be like for those people when the actually start working in the plant. GOD HELP THEM!!!

If this has happened it is wrong and those who have participated should be fired! No ifs and or buts.

I am from the Dearborn, MI area and have worked in 3 different plants here in 30 years. I have only had one problem with a punk at one location. It ended up with some words but nothing more and no property damage. Without a doubt most people at the plants I have been assigned have been good to work with. The intelligent people are beginning to understand that it could easily be them going to a new plant in the future. The dumb asses still play these games. :stop:

I would just like to welcome those who have come to Michigan and hope that the cowards damaging property will wise up!

I totally agree. There is no excuse for it, if it happened. Until I see proof, I can't believe that somebody would be so childish.

Pioneer, you're one of the few people out here I consider trustworthy and are a stand up guy. But I don't understand why you think some of the people at DTP wouldn’t do something like this. If you go back a couple months and read some of the post that some of the DTP people were posting about NAP people transferring to DTP, I kind of expected this sort of thing. I just figured it would be slashed tires though. I'm not saying everybody at DTP was mad but there were some pretty bent people about NAPper's coming up there for jobs. I just called back my friend that had their truck vandalized and they are having their window replacement installed right now but they are going to call me back when they are done, and I'll try to get you a police report, if there is one.

Security, what security. We sure as hell don't have it here at KCAP, bad thing is most of those people are transplants anyway. Thats bullshit, The union should step in, anyone found guilty terminated. :rant:

The ONLY THING the Union will do is make sure they don't get fired or disciplined!!! That's all they are good for, protecting the pieces of shit!!!!!

The ONLY THING the Union will do is make sure they don't get fired or disciplined!!! That's all they are good for, protecting the pieces of shit!!!!!

Guess it depends on how strong your Union is. We have 5500 people here, happens once every few years, all members have been warned if caught, your gone..... :banghead:

Maybe I was quick to discount the report. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me that people would do this. If it is true, I am sorry. I guess I just don't understand why somebody would vandalise a fellow union brothers property, especially considering that that person has given up their life and moved their family across the country because they believe in the product they produce.

Maybe there driving a foreign jobby, still it isn't right... But considering if it is, Ford says were at WAR with the imports..

No foreign junk, all Fords with VA and NC tags!

You know, we all bust our asses (most of us) for someone to do that tells me they feel threatened in some way, maybe they are the ones who play the system and want a specific job and some new guy from a closed plant gets it, shit will never change.

That is sad if true.

The company must be thrilled to have the union brothers fighting each other like this and treating each other like shit with no unity in sight.

That doesn't bode well for a union heading into its most important contract ever...

I would hope if I have to transfer to another Ford facility that I would be welcomed not treated this way, and I see no reason for it.

Good luck NAP and all other transferees....

I can only hope that justice is served in this matter.... however, or whoever wants to dish it out!

If this story is picked up by the Detroit media, Detroit News, Free Press, Channel 7, Fox 2 or WDIV during the North American International Auto Show Press Week it will go global and be nothing more than another huge black eye for the union and Ford.

Headline in Toyota Newsletter in Georgetown, KY "Look at how they treat their own" or "Union Brotherhoodlems"

:banghead:

I can only hope that justice is served in this matter.... however, or whoever wants to dish it out!

If this story is picked up by the Detroit media, Detroit News, Free Press, Channel 7, Fox 2 or WDIV during the North American International Auto Show Press Week it will go global and be nothing more than another huge black eye for the union and Ford.

Headline in Toyota Newsletter in Georgetown, KY "Look at how they treat their own" or "Union Brotherhoodlems"

:banghead:

It's going to or already has happened everywhere, Ford isn't the only place. It's like a domestic despute, who the hell cares....

That is sad if true.

The company must be thrilled to have the union brothers fighting each other like this and treating each other like shit with no unity in sight.

That doesn't bode well for a union heading into its most important contract ever...

I would hope if I have to transfer to another Ford facility that I would be welcomed not treated this way, and I see no reason for it.

Good luck NAP and all other transferees....

Come to KCAP, we'll take care of you.... :happy feet:

I have not heard anything in that manner was happening today. One thing to think about is the time frame on which it happend. I am sure if someone was missing from the line it would be obvious and easy to figure out who did it. So when I went to the Rouge I was at M-TEC in the morning but I am not sure if there was afternoons classes. Now since the time now is 6:53 p.m. so I am guessing this occured in the morning but I call bullshit. One way or the other I will find out in the morning and ask around. Since I did not hear anything today about it ( and I am very easy to reach) I honestly think someone is starting crap between the 2 plants. Think about it what a good way to start things off wrong and get people to think they are being screwed with so there is friction. Now I want to be fully clear on something and don;t take it the wrong way.

Since the agreement was reach with the NAP employees I have heard nothing negative. I myself look forward to working with those people just like the NJ, Chesterfield, Van dyke, Wixom, DAP, Utica, and the list goes on and on. What some people still have a hard time understanding is that DAP is no more. DTP is a combination of too many plants to name that brings us all together to work as one. A collective some say but nonetheless it is a work in progress.

Anyone caught vandlizing property will be dealt with in the manner of which is deemed correct. Oh and by the way if someone wishes to make things up also can result in the same future.

Like I said I will ask when I get in the morning and I will repost a response...

I totally agree. There is no excuse for it, if it happened. Until I see proof, I can't believe that somebody would be so childish.

Sir please check all facts...that area is not the best area of Dearborn. My mother lives only 10 minutes away and just because her zip code reflects the East side instead of the West side by only one digit her car insurance rates are a lot higher. Every month and I do mean every month a car is vandalized or lifted from the parking lot she has associated with the senior living complex where she stays. It's an easy bolt onto 94 freeway after car has been lifted. Out of state plates are golden for theives and with all the talk of out of towners coming into the area it would not suprise me one bit. Also before I left Dearborn I believe a man that worked there was shot for his ride. If it is an employee SHAME!!!!