2009 Ford Mustang Spotted!!

WindingRoad

What the hell? Another nose job?

I don't really like the Guigaro concept, looks too BMW'ish and from some angles looks like a 280Z.

I hope those headlights don't wrap around in to the fender like on the concept, it needs to keep a somewhat retro look, but what a shame the rest of the car has zero changes.. :nonono:

The Guigario looked fine but for the headlights to be blunt, they were hideous.

I'd bet that the concept may give us the styling direction but thats it, as you can see the fog lights (large and round) on the grille as with current GTs...

I don't really like the Guigaro concept, looks too BMW'ish and from some angles looks like a 280Z.

I hope those headlights don't wrap around in to the fender like on the concept, it needs to keep a somewhat retro look, but what a shame the rest of the car has zero changes.. :nonono:

Errr...the "nose" test is likely just an early part of the process. That nose would be a poor match to the rest of the car, so I'd expect other changes.

Yea................. I'm sure that it is the completed car just driving around for shits and giggles. :rolleyes:

Could it be................... you know, because Ford does this all the time........................ the new nose grafted onto the existing car????................. you know................... to test cooling and such???

Of course not. You and ps have spoken. It is the finished car that will suck, because it only has a nose job..................... you know, because Ford always screws up the Mustang. (and they always have the finished prototypes running around 2 years before they come out)

I wonder if it is possible to commit internet hari kari???

If the production 2009 Mustang mixes the current proportions with the Giugario detailing, I'd probably buy that over the current model.

Having looked over the concept, I'd say an ItalDesign Edition Mustang should be in order.

-Available in bright red, orange, gunmetal grey, or black

-Interior is color-keyed to the exterior, with glossy black trim

-Alcantra seat inserts

-Unique rims

With a DSG and a V8, that would be quite the Ferrari imitator.

Yea................. I'm sure that it is the completed car just driving around for shits and giggles. :rolleyes:

Could it be................... you know, because Ford does this all the time........................ the new nose grafted onto the existing car????................. you know................... to test cooling and such???

Of course not. You and ps have spoken. It is the finished car that will suck, because it only has a nose job..................... you know, because Ford always screws up the Mustang. (and they always have the finished prototypes running around 2 years before they come out)

I wonder if it is possible to commit internet hari kari???

Jesus, take a deep breathe and calm down..

Explorer

Expedition

Navigator

Mountaineer

Super Duty

All Fords that got mid cycle re-freshes that turned out to be just nose jobs. People have reason to be cynical..

Edited by Blueblood

No.

You, yourself have said that the Mustang is one thing that they get right................... one thing that they get. Yet you jump on this stupidity, hook, line, and sinker.

Calm down. I don't think so. I am sick of your constant and never ending badgering of everything Ford, and anyone who has the audacity to actually defend them. Most of us actually admit to their mistakes, but that is not good enough for the likes of you................... and your cult. Unless we are willing to scream from the highest mountain, that Ford is the anti-Christ, and Bill Ford Jr is akin to Hitler, you will paint us with the broad brush of "cheerleader," and "koolaid" drinker. It is very old................... and I am sick of seeing it in EVERY SINGLE thread that gets started on this board.

RJ, you can feel free to put me in your forum jail for speaking my mind. I am just sick of the oppressive negativism...................... for Gods sake, it is almost like brainwashing.

Bluecon, you and ps spew the same garbage over and over again. You are like broken records. Noone can dare read an actual positive post (what few there are), because, just like clockwork, you two will be slapping everyone upside the head, to tell them how foolish they are for daring to be positive about anything Ford related. It is BS.

Ok, I am done. Get me my black and white stripped keyboard, and put me in BON pergatory. I am ready to take my punishment.

No.

You, yourself have said that the Mustang is one thing that they get right................... one thing that they get. Yet you jump on this stupidity, hook, line, and sinker.

Calm down. I don't think so. I am sick of your constant and never ending badgering of everything Ford, and anyone who has the audacity to actually defend them. Most of us actually admit to their mistakes, but that is not good enough for the likes of you................... and your cult. Unless we are willing to scream from the highest mountain, that Ford is the anti-Christ, and Bill Ford Jr is akin to Hitler, you will paint us with the broad brush of "cheerleader," and "koolaid" drinker. It is very old................... and I am sick of seeing it in EVERY SINGLE thread that gets started on this board.

RJ, you can feel free to put me in your forum jail for speaking my mind. I am just sick of the oppressive negativism...................... for Gods sake, it is almost like brainwashing.

Bluecon, you and ps spew the same garbage over and over again. You are like broken records. Noone can dare read an actual positive post (what few there are), because, just like clockwork, you two will be slapping everyone upside the head, to tell them how foolish they are for daring to be positive about anything Ford related. It is BS.

Ok, I am done. Get me my black and white stripped keyboard, and put me in BON pergatory. I am ready to take my punishment.

I totally agree with you!

Jesus, take a deep breathe and calm down..

Explorer

Expedition

Navigator

Mountaineer

Super Duty

All Fords that got mid cycle re-freshes that turned out to be just nose jobs. People have reason to be cynical..

Back away from the medication!

500-new nose, new powertrain, SYNCH, total of 500 changes. "Nose job" is pretty blind.

Explorer- NEW FRAME (NOSE JOB? PLEASE), better 4.6, cleaner 4.0, better ride, better interior..."nose job"? Not.

Expedition- NEW FRAME, new nose, new interior, better ride/handling, beats new GM offerings even with less hp. "nose job"? Errrr...no.

Navigator-see above, though this one in particular needs more motor. Still, sales of this and the Expy are up nicely.

Mountaineer-see the Explorer...far more than a "nose job".

Super Duty-wow. You call that a "nose job", despite better motor, structure, step-in-tailgate...so much stuff.

There's a point where you should just say "I'm so bitter that I'm blind and delusional".

LOL... someone forgot to take his Ritalin in the morning...lol.

Everyone who read the thread can tell the core of that discussion was the overall design of those vehicles, hence the insistence in the term "nose job".

Spining the argument to something that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CORE OF THE DISCUSSION (as usual), plus the total high school rethoric (classic "Zan at work"), just goes to prove who's the one who's "blind and delusional".

Tell you what, pc...show me where any of the updates I listed to the vehicles above is false, and I'll retract it.

I listed facts. As you're contesting them...you're making a fine argument for both blind and delusional.

The spin was apparently blublood's, as that was the post I was responding to. I'd already weighed in on the Mustang.

So...again, tell me how the vehicle statements I made are wrong, or even how the "spin" came from me, and I'll retract it.

Pretty simple, pc. Try to keep the schoolyard cussing at bay this time, though, if you would.

Err... because the discussion was about design, not mechanicals?

Blueblood conceded he didn't know this was going to be a full reskin.

Then, to further expand his own defense, points out it wouldn't be the first time Ford hasn't touched the rest of the body.

Again, nice try at derailing another discussion with more posts worthy of a 10 year old.

But hey... wanna contest that? Go ahead, feel free to go to google.com and bring us back a bunch of profile pics. Give us another lecture on why a design in where only the front end is changed, with the profile and the rest of the body left intact, shouldn't be called a "nose job", especially in a discussion about DESIGN.

"Blind and delusional" indeed...lol

Edited by pcsario

Zan? Pc? Will you both just can it already? You manage to ruin and get closed every thread you two both show up in. It's ridiculous and immature. Grow the hell up both of you.

As for the design....like I said before...there's no way that is the complete deal. Refreshes almost always begin with the front to get the actual important issues sorted out (cooling, airflow, etc) before they massage the rest of the body to match what they come up with out front.

Zan? Pc? Will you both just can it already? You manage to ruin and get closed every thread you two both show up in. It's ridiculous and immature. Grow the hell up both of you.

As for the design....like I said before...there's no way that is the complete deal. Refreshes almost always begin with the front to get the actual important issues sorted out (cooling, airflow, etc) before they massage the rest of the body to match what they come up with out front.

thanks nick ..

and I agree ..

that said, if they do a simple nose job - I will be disappointed -

do not forget - THIS IS MARK FIELDS' FIRST BABY .. he stopped the rollout in fall 2006 as 2008 models and pushed it back to 2008 rollout as 2009 model .. he took the car back to the drawing board, restarted BOSS for it and other goodies - this will show what we can expect from Ford under his control .. so it BETTER be good ...

Igor

I am going to think this is simply a mule, like the focus mule where only the front looked different but the whole exterior(except for the roof line) was changed(the roofline and windows definately should of been changed though since it is 9 years old and Ford was simply being cheap asses but that is a different story). Because for 2009 it will be the 6th year of this current mustang and at a very minimum it should be completely reskinned, though I also thought the roofline would be lower and sleeker on the 2009 mutang, here's hoping for that also.

Edited by DCK

I am going to think this is simply a mule, like the focus mule where only the front looked different but the whole exterior(except for the roof line) was changed(the roofline and windows definately should of been changed though since it is 9 years old and Ford was simply being cheap asses but that is a different story). Because for 2009 it will be the 6th year of this current mustang and at a very minimum it should be completely reskinned, though I also thought the roofline would be lower and sleeker on the 2009 mutang, here's hoping for that also.

Off-topic .. the Focus is 6 years old .. and there is not a single carryover piece of sheet metal on the Focus (incl the roof) and only the windshield made it over as carryover glass.

The mustang in 2008 (when this will debut) will be 4 years old; But I agree - the mustang needs a lot of help to compete with the Camaro and Challenger ... but we shall not forget of the rumblings of the ALL NEW Mustang in 2011 or so ..

Igor

I'm not completely convinced regular halogens in the grille + projectors in the headlights will work from an styling POV.

BTW, I'm confused... will this Mustang only have a 2 year run or what's the deal with this and the next gen?

Edited by pcsario

This thread will be closed unless it returns to topic.

Those of you that have already expressed conviction that this vehicle will suck can shut up. We are well aware of your opinions, and they do not need to be repeated.

If they are posted again, this thread will be closed, and another one will be started.

I'm not completely convinced regular halogens in the grille + projectors in the headlights will work from an styling POV.

BTW, I'm confused... will this Mustang only have a 2 year run or what's the deal with this and the next gen?

to be honest, I was just thinking that - but the rumors of an all new one in 2011 have been quite consistent ... anything is possible I guess. .

Igor