Ranger: the what could come

Biker16

i beleve that there is a strong brand in the Ranger.

Why could we expand that brand into something more.

Tha ranger represents, affordable, youthful, reliable and fun.

with minimal investment we could expand the next ranger into much more.

Following the wranglers example.

growing from strong foudation in p/U expanding to become a true multipurpose vehicle.

I propose:

classic regular cab 110in wb

super cab 125in Wb

crew cab 125in WB

4 door wagon soft/hard top 110in WB

2 door off roader soft/hard top 110in wB

design of all vehicles would be derived from bronco concept.

the idea is to market the ranger as a lifestyle vehicle not as simply a truck.

i beleve that there is a strong brand in the Ranger.

Why could we expand that brand into something more.

Tha ranger represents, affordable, youthful, reliable and fun.

with minimal investment we could expand the next ranger into much more.

Following the wranglers example.

growing from strong foudation in p/U expanding to become a true multipurpose vehicle.

I propose:

classic regular cab 110in wb

super cab 125in Wb

crew cab 125in WB

4 door wagon soft/hard top 110in WB

2 door off roader soft/hard top 110in wB

design of all vehicles would be derived from bronco concept.

the idea is to market the ranger as a lifestyle vehicle not as simply a truck.

Except for the 2 door off roader, that is precisely what Ford has with the Thai Ranger....

How tanked are Tacoma sales that Ford isn't considering a revised Ranger?

The current one IS dated, but it's tough and practical. I used to drive one

back in my college days as a factory delivery truck. The 4.0L was fun to drive!

A revised Ranger/ F-100 would be a Godsend to urban dwellers, rockcrawlers &

small businesses alike. Especially with fuel prices on the rise, the platform would be

well placed and maybe appropriate for alternative fuel/ electric options.

Out here in Cali, hybrids allow you to travel in the carpool lanes anytime. That saves

time and time is money.

Out here in Cali, hybrids allow you to travel in the carpool lanes anytime. That saves

time and time is money.

Now Boston wants to give hybrid owners free priority parking at the airport............................... :censored: So someone driving a LS600h L that costs over 100k gets low 20's gas mileage gets fee priority parking at the airport over middle class citizens who drive a compact getting 35 MPG. That is what happens in liberal states.

Now Boston wants to give hybrid owners free priority parking at the airport............................... :censored: So someone driving a LS600h L that costs over 100k gets low 20's gas mileage gets fee priority parking at the airport over middle class citizens who drive a compact getting 35 MPG. That is what happens in liberal states.

It IS pathetic. Didn't say I agreed with it, especially when I'm stuck in regular lane idling my 6 cyl minivan.....

producing MORE exhaust gases and wasting time. But liberals don't see the big picture here. A whole lotta

people just CAN'T carpool or use hybrids. Carpools mostly serve inner city employees commuting from

"bedroom" communities. Thus discriminating against everybody else. IMO carpool lanes are self-serving concepts.

Carpool lanes will not go away until mass-media (The Other God) educates the left about the WHOLE picture.

Which isn't going to happen for a long time either.

So may as well use the system.

Bill O'Reilly on FOX News, & Dictator Bush, are pushing Hybrid use, too. So its not a 'liberal only' cause.

Bushie is pushing higher CAFE MPG, also, so don't get all 'Republicans love real cars' crap.

UMMMM...... I was talking about carpool lanes!?!?!

AND I did mention that the Ranger might do well with alternative fuels/ electric options.

Since you pointed out two conservatives, maybe you aren't aware that many conservatives actually care

about the environment, we just don't want to jeapordize our nation in the name of environmentalists and we prefer

solid science, not strung-together semi-truths. Libs and conservatives have many common goals, we just don't agree

on the same route for getting to those goals. I'd love a 600 Hp equivalent 2010 Thunderbird powered by a drop of water!

And higher CAFE standards may have merit IMO, but only if applied wisely. A more fuel efficient Ranger is definitely a great idea.

BTW, judging by the name-calling in your response, maybe you shouldn't criticize others for being politically opinionated.

Edited by joihan777

imagine this

WKA2004010833389_pv.jpg

with a bed in REgualr, supper and crew cab form.

It would definatly stand out.

Get one of the off shore Ford Diesel's in it (even if just for off shore sales) make it a capable durable truck and in the configurations noted by Biker and you would have the Jeep -Landcruiser-Land Rover of the 21 st Century it would have Global appeal and would be a sure fire winner. From Rodeo Dr to the bush of Middle Africa to the out back of Australia to the muskeg and desolate tundra of Siberia and Alaska It would appeal to every one.

If Ford built one there would be one in the drive for sure. Make it available with a Diesel and even I would go on a waiting list.

Definitely Ford's biggest Faux Pas of this decade was NOT building this.

Matthew

Get one of the off shore Ford Diesel's in it (even if just for off shore sales) make it a capable durable truck and in the configurations noted by Biker and you would have the Jeep -Landcruiser-Land Rover of the 21 st Century it would have Global appeal and would be a sure fire winner. From Rodeo Dr to the bush of Middle Africa to the out back of Australia to the muskeg and desolate tundra of Siberia and Alaska It would appeal to every one.

If Ford built one there would be one in the drive for sure. Make it available with a Diesel and even I would go on a waiting list.

Definitely Ford's biggest Faux Pas of this decade was NOT building this.

Matthew

I would also step for this vehicle...was a home run then AND now either with a pickup bed ( Ranger ) or as shown ( Bronco II )...BRING IT FORD....THIS was one of your biggest pho-pa's in not bringing it to market!

No keep the current Ranger the same size it is, thats what I like about it. It's the only real compact truck. It just needs more updating from the idiots.

I had a Ranger 4.0 4x4.....dependable YES...but basically in a nut shell it was the biggest dis-appointment I have ever had in a vehicle...mind you it replaced a 5.4 F-150 S/C 4x4 which i loved.....the Ranger was gutless, noisy, cramped and returned WORSE mileage than the F-150. The doors felt flimsy when slammed, handling was worse, ride was also more bouncy/jiggly and due to the downsize it had less utilty. YES this is probably due to Ford NEVER improving or developing its ugly stepchild and concentrating on their cash cow F series....but if they DO decide to resurrect the Ranger as such..they need something like this concept...fresh from the ground up....I can't be the only one with BAD Ranger memories....

Edited by Deanh

You dont think it looks too much like a little Hummer?

I really liked the Bronco concept, but it has sat on the shelf so long, I am afraid if Ford does anything with it, everone is going to say Ford ripped off Hummer

Nope....far more refined..Hummers have that god awful sloping pointy nose styling cue.......AND this concept makes a GOOD benefactor of the three bar grill ( taurus and taurus X designers please take note ).and between you and I ...after critiqueing hummers, they are without doubt holders of the "Worst packaging in the business "title.....make a Ranger like this, slap a top on it for a Bronco II....sham I heard that this concept had the staff all abuzz...only to be nixed by beancounters...several of the design staff responsible apparently quit after that....

Edited by Deanh

Wasn't the Bronco concept based on the EcoSport aka Fiesta Platform?

There was a plan to replace the aging (more than the US Ranger) Brazilian Courier with an EcoSport mini pick up variant. Never made it to production due to the plantslimited capacity.

The Bronco pick up could never replace IMO...I insist that a variant of the Global T6 Thai/Aussie Ranger should or will make it to the US...

No keep the current Ranger the same size it is, thats what I like about it. It's the only real compact truck. It just needs more updating from the idiots.

I agree keep it the same size as it is today but you have to redo it because things have changed.

This vehicle could be the face of ford in the 3rd world.

he packaging could be much improved, over the current model, maintianing the same foot print but increasing head, leg and shoulder room.

I agree keep it the same size as it is today but you have to redo it because things have changed.

This vehicle could be the face of ford in the 3rd world.

he packaging could be much improved, over the current model, maintianing the same foot print but increasing head, leg and shoulder room.

they have left the Ranger alone for WAAAAAY too long, damn thing is near prehistoric and has gotten very expensive for it's content.....going to sound like I have been in the business for about the same length of time....I remember selling the base 4 cylinders standard cabs for...$8995!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! INVOICE on a base 4 cyl 5 speed is knocking on TWICE that right now...$16400 to be more exact.....hmmmmm, cash cow ...or are there 7500 rebates LOL!

At least there's SOME sanity prevailing. I believe as of January 1st, 2008 hybrids will no longer have free reign of the HOV lanes in Virginia. :happy feet: I don't think they ever were able to use them in Maryland.