Toyota to scrap nearly half of management in overhaul

TomServo92

They can rotate managers monthly, in this economy theres not much they can do about it. Toyota should start to produce inspirational vehicles again as halo cars. Cars like the MR2 and Supra still live on today as their "icon" vehicles. Toyota hasn't produced anything with a peronality in about 10 years that I can recall.

They can rotate managers monthly, in this economy theres not much they can do about it. Toyota should start to produce inspirational vehicles again as halo cars. Cars like the MR2 and Supra still live on today as their "icon" vehicles. Toyota hasn't produced anything with a peronality in about 10 years that I can recall.

That's because Toyota as a company has no soul, no heart, no passon my f...ing toaster has more personality than any of their cars.

They refer to what they build as "the product" to them it is just a vehicle, a transportation appliance and nothing more.

What good is a car that goes 30 miles on 1 gallon of gas if the driver falls asleep after only 10 miles.

Ford for all it's occasional stupid crap has a history full of building outrageous vehicles. Do you think Toyota would build and offer for sale something like a 427 Cobra or a GT40? Or even a Supercharged Harley Davidson F-150, or a Torino Talladega, or a Mustang with a Boss429 NASCAR engine? Hell no.

Edited by F250

Maybe Toyota has its own little Feifdoms that are being reigned in, remember Toyota North America

was given a pretty free hand in going after F Truck with the Tundra and committed two plants to it

and a plant to Prius. Head office would now be reviewing all those mis steps with pin point criticism.

Ford for all it's occasional stupid crap has a history full of building outrageous vehicles. Do you think Toyota would build and offer for sale something like a 427 Cobra or a GT40? Or even a Supercharged Harley Davidson F-150, or a Torino Talladega, or a Mustang with a Boss429 NASCAR engine? Hell no.

I know its not current but then again neither is a Boss 429, but the Toyota 2000GT's are pretty awesome.

I know its not current but then again neither is a Boss 429, but the Toyota 2000GT's are pretty awesome.

The Toyota 2000GT is awesome?

An ugly Jap copy of a Jaguar with a 150 HP 6-cylinder engine that sold for $6,800 which is why only 60 were imported to America from '67-70.

TOYOTA_2000GT.jpg

Ok so you want current offerings, how about..

2010_Ford_Mustang_GT500--DC.jpg

VS Toyota's hottest sport car

2005_Scion_tC_RS_1.0.jpg

The Toyota 2000GT is awesome?

An ugly Jap copy of a Jaguar with a 150 HP 6-cylinder engine that sold for $6,800 which is why only 60 were imported to America from '67-70.

TOYOTA_2000GT.jpg

Ok so you want current offerings, how about..

2010_Ford_Mustang_GT500--DC.jpg

VS Toyota's hottest sport car

2005_Scion_tC_RS_1.0.jpg

Yes the 2000GT was an awesome car.

I also know that Toyota doesnt make a damn thing interesting nowadays. The closest thing they make of interest is the ISF, but even then its a SNORE. How they managged to make a 400HP sports sedan boring is beyond me.

I would not call the Scion tC Toyota hottest car.

I'd list things like the IS-F.

lexus-is-f_5.jpg

That's a SEMA car though.

The production version is quite a bit more sedate looking:

9966-lexus-f-pre-press-conference-info-another-broken-press-embargo-fake-pictures-0701_z-2008_lexus_is-f-front_corner.jpg

And as already mentioned, it's not so much the visuals that kill the IS-F. Most reviewers have panned it for not living up to its sporting intentions, in spite of its looks and power figures.

That's a SEMA car though.

The production version is quite a bit more sedate looking:

9966-lexus-f-pre-press-conference-info-another-broken-press-embargo-fake-pictures-0701_z-2008_lexus_is-f-front_corner.jpg

And as already mentioned, it's not so much the visuals that kill the IS-F. Most reviewers have panned it for not living up to its sporting intentions, in spite of its looks and power figures.

lt looks a bit like the 2012, 2018 and 2022 Mondeo Nick, Toyota can't come up with anything original. :boring:

If the Lexus IS-F looks like a Mondeo, then the Cortinas in your signature look like a 1982 Vauxhall Novas.

At least the Cortina/Taunus was something that was No 1 in Europe for most of its life, and Ford never had to give away $7,000 discounts to shift them like the Mondeo is getting at the moment in Europe - The Mondeo mondeo is being sold for almost the same price as the Vauxhaul Nova and Fiesta at the moment in Europe their is not a lot of difference in price, Ford must be losing money bigtime on the Mondeo thats sold at almost base model Fiesta prices.

Gotta say does the base model Yaris sell for the almost same price as a Lexus in the US Nick?

Other Fords cars are being dragged down by an underpriced subsidised Mondeo's that never makes it Europes top ten and are low profit fleet/rentall cars, Fiesta's 43,000 buyer are nearly all sold to private buyers.

Base Model Fiesta (Profit generator at sold at almost Mondeo prices) - £10,000

Base Model Mondeo (Profit eater given away at Fiesta & Yaris prices) - £12,000

Base Model Yaris - £9,000

Base Model Advensis (Mondeo's UK rival) £16,000

Base model Lexus you mentioned - £34,000

£12,000 profit losing Mondeo that sells for almost the same price as a base model Fiesta & Yaris in Europe and still can't make it in to Europe Top 10 where the Classic Cortina/Taurnus never left Europes No1 spot for most of its life.

http://www.ford.co.uk/CurrentPromo/Scrappa...omotions/Mondeo

321 put downs 321 Edit.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds