OHAP Plant Problems

fatboy101

Mary hit the nail on the head in a post telling about preventive maintance not being performed on equiptment in the window cell. Quite a lot of p.m. can not be done with production running. Start noticing how many items are not getting required pm's in the plant; a lot of this gets put on the back burner and forgotten until you have a breakdown or get sent home early. Skilled trades is a necessary evil(?): if they do their job correctly they will be sitting down, that means everything is up and running ok. As far as "work" not getting done most everthing is done off work orders which are written by management. When management starts cutting back on overtime for skilled trades the money is no longer in the budget or they have been ordered to economize by division. Skiled trades shouldn't work week-ends? HA!! A sign of a healthy and viable plant is having the trades working weekends and being utilized the most possible in their trade. Now back to sleep. :boring:

Your statements are ridiculous, and absolutely, economically false. If you really believe the stuff you just wrote you should consider using your etap dollars to gain some business sense. Working on weekends is necessary in cases where projects that must be done can't be completed at other times such as during or after the shifts. Strong companies don't put off doing any maintenance during the week so that they can do it on the weekends at double the cost. To think such is absurd. There are plenty of pm's that can be done either during the work day or between the shifts, and we often don't even get tips changed as they should be. I agree, the goal is to have tradesman doing as little as possible to keep production running during the shift, but there are always other projects that can be worked on. Ever look around at all of the oil leaks in the bodyshop? Please tell me why these can't be fixed betweeen shifts? Why can't tooling be deslagged between shifts? These are not huge jobs, but very necessary. I challenge you to walk past the hilo repair area at almost any time, and definately during the night shift, and you will see several vehicles sitting around with hoods up or up on jacks, but rarely, if ever, do you see anybody working on them. These are practices that can not be allowed to continue in a company that is on the verge of bankruptcy. You can say what you want, but I have gone into the plant on the weekends in the past, and you can see tumbleweed blowing around in that place. To try and paint a portrait of a bunch of guys busting their butts for 12 hours on the weekend is misleading, and incorrect. And the pm's that you talk of, when maintenance was working every weekend and every holiday, they were only completing around 30% of the required pm's anyway, so if you were the company, what would you do? The tradesman themselves collectively took the value out of working weekends, and the company sees this. In the end, the story remains the same. We all must take and suffer with the cutbacks that are necessary when times are tough as they are now. I have no problem with trades, in fact there are some that are extremely good at what they do, but they must learn to contribute to this plants part of the turnaround process like the rest of us, and the name of that game is cost. If the cost doesn't go down, there will be no plant, not in Avon Lake anyway, and it does not take any "skill" to realize this. You say the signs of a healthy and viable plant is one that is getting the most out their tradesman, and you are correct. That means that on Monday thru Friday when getting paid 12 hours, they are actually doing something the whole time that is productive and beneficial as a result of the enourmous investment that their apprenticeship has cost the company. Not waiting until Sunday to do everything. I would suggest that you research the trades programs at some of our competitors, you know,the companies that are kicking our asses. You will not find a bunch of line side clubhouses, I'll guarantee you that.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you know what happens on the line? You already claimed you’re in skilled trades! Part of the problem at OHAP is the lazy ass skilled trades people tripping over one another to get into the learning center to watch American Idol and House. If Ford needs to cut costs they should look at your department first. You guys couldn’t build a doghouse. You can’t fix shit. Sure can cry however, when Mona took your Sundays away. What’s wrong can’t come to work to sleep on Sundays any more? I don’t feel sorry for you guys at all. In fact that’s the key word here. SORRY!!!

Just for the record the T-Bird and Cougar where top in quality in it’s class also. It didn’t matter. Jquac Nasser eliminated the product anyway.

WORD!!!!!!!!!Ford should outsource ALL of the trades.Anybody who doesn't work the line is living in a fantasy world.The REAL WORKERS work the line.Skilled trades is nothing but a playground for ADULT RETARDS!I
Ah yes, the usual response.

I know what goes on on the line because I came from the line. I wasn't always in skilled trades and that is why I have an advantage over others in the trade, because I know what it is like to work on the line and when someone needs something I know what they are going through and understand their environment more. I've stayed in touch with the people I used to work with. I haven't forgot what it's like to be on the line.

You're right, there are lazyass skilled trades people. Likewise there are lazyass line workers. With that many employees the law of averages dictates it. You know who takes off at least 1 day every week. You know who goes home early seemingly anytime they want to, and regularly. You know the "usual" MIAs. You also know who has enough time to read almost an entire news article in the paper before starting the next job. See? I know the line. No, I was none of those people.

The company has looked at our department to cut costs. Currently one trade in particular that I know of has so few tradesmen to cover the entire trim and chassis department that what few PM's that they want done can't get done because the 1 or 2 individuals that would be doing them are doing repairs instead.

A short lesson about Skilled Trades...

Here are PM's we need you to get done. Wait, go fix this thing first, we can't start up without it. Hey, can you make 12 more of these now? Nevermind that, the worker at station so-and-so needs to see you for a modification to their tool. Wait, we need this fixed right now. Are those PM's done?

I don't know how this is saving money. This is all asked of one guy. Everything has to be done FIRST. When you don't have enough people not enough gets done at all.

There are a lot of PM's that can only be done while the line is off. Unfortunately there are also a lot of repairs that can only be done when the line is off, and the way the engineering was done there are already too many repairs for "new" equipment. Some things are worn out already that should last almost a year. Add that to the list of "usual" repairs, and these are not usual repairs. Reworking of the equipment is not maintenance, premature wear is bad engineering and lots of time.

You guys couldn’t build a doghouse.

Do you think it is Ford engineers that come up with all the solutions? The skilled trades guys, previous to the "Consolidation" and during the tooling for the Consolidation, designed and made a lot of stuff that you would never realize. True, not everything is a perfect solution, but an awful lot of it works great. To get the Escapes off the carriers when they were built here it was a skilled trades guy that came up with the solution and the skilled trades that made the equipment and installed it. No engineers were involved. It worked, after tweaking, infallably until the end of production.

Who do you think did the engineer's greenbelt projects? As usual they brought their problem to skilled trades and asked "Could you come up with something for this?" Only afterwards did you find out it was their Greenbelt project.

If you want to know what skilled trades are like ask the original Superintendent of Final Maintenance. The person who would complain the most will not give you the story you are expecting. Under the MOA it was a very different world.

Skilled trades is nothing but a playground for ADULT RETARDS!

Couldn't pass the test, eh?

I've been in both worlds. I know what it is like on both sides. Neither one is perfect, Both have their slugs. Likewise both have their hard workers that really take pride in what they do. Both sides have their fair share of college degrees. Both sides have families that they care about and do their best to provide for. And there are even those that do way more than their share, on both sides.

The MOA was in Skilled Trades too and since we've gone Traditional it is a very different world. This was the first time I had a boss, make that 2 bosses, come out and try to figure out what was wrong with equipment instead of just telling us to go fix it. After they wasted 1/2 hour I was finally allowed to diagnose the problem. It took me 5 minutes. I didn't know that in Traditional that the boss was to know how to diagnose the problems for all trades. :P We used to just be told "Go fix this", and we did, and then told them it's ready. The line started and everything was wonderful. Under Traditional it's not that easy anymore.

If the company (Mona is gone) doesn't want me to work Sunday, hey, they are smarter than I am. If they get into too deep of a hole being behind on repairs that is because of their "wisdom". I don't work any differently on the weekends from during the week. Whatever I am being paid to do is what I do, then I go home. My work represents me so I take pride in doing it. I would imagine you have the same work ethic?

Addressing a few posts:

Slapshot 2: After reading your last post concerning maintenance. I didn’t know about the body shop problems. I do release the cost involved but wouldn’t it have made more since to install a state of the art body and paint shop at LAP? I guess OHAP is doomed after all. Once the Excursion leaves KTP they will have plenty of room for the Econoline. Look out kids it may happen. DTP cannot and I repeat cannot produce the Econoline on their platforms. Only KTP at this time has the capacity and soon will have the room. Just remember you go with your job!

As to slinging mud with maintenance, it’s a waste of your keyboard. 90% of them wouldn’t give a line worker the time of day, even if they could read their watch.

Hey I got a hold of a maintenance weekend work overtime schedule and hi-low continues to work Sat & Sun. why do you think these units are in the air?

Cardinal: Do you read the shit you write? The imports are kicking our asses and you want to give the lazy ass maintenance department their weekends back.

Nobodyinparticular: If you guys would have installed the equipment right in trim and chassis the first time there wouldn’t be any problems. This equipment is brand new isn’t it? Oh but wait you are going to say that the outside contractors installed it. You guys should have been their working right along with these guys. I watched the Germans put in Kuka in LAP and LAP maintenance where trained on the spot as to how to use and maintain the equipment. What’s your excuse at OHAP was American Idol running reruns that you guys couldn’t miss? This is a waste of my time messing with you.

Country4d and Peeps: Haven’t heard anything about 250 SLAP coming to OHAP, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that happens, also because of the young workforce in Atlanta when they close down Ford will need a place to send the Atlanta employees. I look for a second buyout offer at OHAP or Ford will just honor all the first round buyout requests.

To Everyone: I look for this to a tough week at OHAP. While Nick’s away the company intends to play. From what I heard Ford is going to start today removing all the extra help. I far as I understand Local 2000 is calling this whole mess a transfer of operations therefore Ford is not entitled to rebalance your work loads or eliminate your job. Not until change over anyway. I may be wrong on this so check with your union rep.

Also a ton of jobs where recently posted and are now in the process of being filled. I understand Ed is doing an excellent job on the union side of things. I don’t know how it is over here at OHAP but at LAP if you bid on a new job and took it, that job was yours for 6 months. Would someone please enlighten me on this policy? There are still a bunch of prime jobs that will be vacated April 1st that will have to be posted. So if this 6-month waiting period is in force at OHAP then some of you younger seniority people should be able to get a decent job. Good luck to all of you.

Monday sermon is over !!!

Your statements are ridiculous, and absolutely, economically false. If you really believe the stuff you just wrote you should consider using your etap dollars to gain some business sense. Working on weekends is necessary in cases where projects that must be done can't be completed at other times such as during or after the shifts. Strong companies don't put off doing any maintenance during the week so that they can do it on the weekends at double the cost. To think such is absurd. There are plenty of pm's that can be done either during the work day or between the shifts, and we often don't even get tips changed as they should be. I agree, the goal is to have tradesman doing as little as possible to keep production running during the shift, but there are always other projects that can be worked on. Ever look around at all of the oil leaks in the bodyshop? Please tell me why these can't be fixed betweeen shifts? Why can't tooling be deslagged between shifts? These are not huge jobs, but very necessary. I challenge you to walk past the hilo repair area at almost any time, and definately during the night shift, and you will see several vehicles sitting around with hoods up or up on jacks, but rarely, if ever, do you see anybody working on them. These are practices that can not be allowed to continue in a company that is on the verge of bankruptcy. You can say what you want, but I have gone into the plant on the weekends in the past, and you can see tumbleweed blowing around in that place. To try and paint a portrait of a bunch of guys busting their butts for 12 hours on the weekend is misleading, and incorrect. And the pm's that you talk of, when maintenance was working every weekend and every holiday, they were only completing around 30% of the required pm's anyway, so if you were the company, what would you do? The tradesman themselves collectively took the value out of working weekends, and the company sees this. In the end, the story remains the same. We all must take and suffer with the cutbacks that are necessary when times are tough as they are now. I have no problem with trades, in fact there are some that are extremely good at what they do, but they must learn to contribute to this plants part of the turnaround process like the rest of us, and the name of that game is cost. If the cost doesn't go down, there will be no plant, not in Avon Lake anyway, and it does not take any "skill" to realize this. You say the signs of a healthy and viable plant is one that is getting the most out their tradesman, and you are correct. That means that on Monday thru Friday when getting paid 12 hours, they are actually doing something the whole time that is productive and beneficial as a result of the enourmous investment that their apprenticeship has cost the company. Not waiting until Sunday to do everything. I would suggest that you research the trades programs at some of our competitors, you know,the companies that are kicking our asses. You will not find a bunch of line side clubhouses, I'll guarantee you that.

[/quote An oil leak could be many things from a simple tightening of a screw to a complete teardown of equiptment; the tradeperson assigned to the area knows his machines and why they are leaking. Odds are

he has told management and this concern has been put on the back burner ditto tip cleaning on weld guns.

Hi-lo repairs are usually up in the air awaiting parts or inspection from suppliers whose parts failed. Project

work and preventive maintance are two different subjects. Maintance by its nature is a 7 day operation. By putting off pms' management creates overtime. It's a classic pay me now or pay me a whole lot later scenario. As a blue collar worker I can suggest ways to control costs, but it is managements job to contain costs. Next time they

give the apprenticeship test you should take it. I'm sure you would easily pass it. Now back to my crossword. ;)

Addressing a few posts:

Slapshot 2: After reading your last post concerning maintenance. I didn’t know about the body shop problems. I do release the cost involved but wouldn’t it have made more since to install a state of the art body and paint shop at LAP? I guess OHAP is doomed after all. Once the Excursion leaves KTP they will have plenty of room for the Econoline. Look out kids it may happen. DTP cannot and I repeat cannot produce the Econoline on their platforms. Only KTP at this time has the capacity and soon will have the room. Just remember you go with your job!

As to slinging mud with maintenance, it’s a waste of your keyboard. 90% of them wouldn’t give a line worker the time of day, even if they could read their watch.

Hey I got a hold of a maintenance weekend work overtime schedule and hi-low continues to work Sat & Sun. why do you think these units are in the air?

Cardinal: Do you read the shit you write? The imports are kicking our asses and you want to give the lazy ass maintenance department their weekends back.

Nobodyinparticular: If you guys would have installed the equipment right in trim and chassis the first time there wouldn’t be any problems. This equipment is brand new isn’t it? Oh but wait you are going to say that the outside contractors installed it. You guys should have been their working right along with these guys. I watched the Germans put in Kuka in LAP and LAP maintenance where trained on the spot as to how to use and maintain the equipment. What’s your excuse at OHAP was American Idol running reruns that you guys couldn’t miss? This is a waste of my time messing with you.

Country4d and Peeps: Haven’t heard anything about 250 SLAP coming to OHAP, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that happens, also because of the young workforce in Atlanta when they close down Ford will need a place to send the Atlanta employees. I look for a second buyout offer at OHAP or Ford will just honor all the first round buyout requests.

To Everyone: I look for this to a tough week at OHAP. While Nick’s away the company intends to play. From what I heard Ford is going to start today removing all the extra help. I far as I understand Local 2000 is calling this whole mess a transfer of operations therefore Ford is not entitled to rebalance your work loads or eliminate your job. Not until change over anyway. I may be wrong on this so check with your union rep.

Also a ton of jobs where recently posted and are now in the process of being filled. I understand Ed is doing an excellent job on the union side of things. I don’t know how it is over here at OHAP but at LAP if you bid on a new job and took it, that job was yours for 6 months. Would someone please enlighten me on this policy? There are still a bunch of prime jobs that will be vacated April 1st that will have to be posted. So if this 6-month waiting period is in force at OHAP then some of you younger seniority people should be able to get a decent job. Good luck to all of you.

Monday sermon is over !!!

FORD COULD ALSO MOVE THE CUTAWAY SUPERDUTY PICKUPS TO AVON ALONG WITH SOME F-250 350 PRODUCTION. THEN KTP COULD GET THE EXTRA F150 PRODUCTION WHEN THEY CUT 1 OR 2 PICKUP PLANTS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My intention is not to in any way bash the maintenance group, just giving my opinion on it's inefficiencies. Blaming management for everything though is nothing more than a cop-out. If the trades have to wait for a management approval to do anything, we would never run. Maintenance Supervisors do just that, they supervise, perhaps offer an opinion if the situation is one that they have seen in the past, but the tradesman are the ones that have had years of training to become subject matter experts, at a very high cost. They should be able to perform very effectively in situations pertaining to their trade, and we all know it. Thus the reason they get a higher wage, better contractual considerations etc. Yes, I agree there are things that time dictates must be done on weekends. Problem is, usually they don't require a fraction of the tradesman that are brought in to do the work. Given the state of the company, wouldn't you think that more of these folks would be willing to give a little more to help to secure the future of the plant and to protect our product? As for the hi-lo excuse given above, once in a while this may be the case, but for the most part I will never believe it. I have seen tugs take up to 2 months to get repaired. Sure it takes some time, but a vendor that had customer service response time this poor would never survive in a competitive business climate such as this. This is a very lame excuse. At one time general stores had everything you could ever imagine sitting on their shelves, and the story was the same. This department is poorly managed and bleeds monies that could contribute to the possibility of profit sharing for the workforce. Cardinal mentions the different scenarios that could be involved in a common bodyshop problem such as oil leaks, and he's right, to an extent, they can be time consuming fixes. However, they can also be very quick ones as well. But when the only person you can get to even look at it is a clean up guy with a mop, I guess you just don't know. Myself, I have no iterest in being in trades. I have never taken that test before and would not in the future. I enjoy my family and time outside the plant too much. I do think it is sad how devastated some of these guys are about losing their Sundays. Why anybody would think that they had the right to expect to earn a six figure plus income in the auto industry, every year, without a college education in most cases is ridiculous. Those who put themselves in a position where they have to rely on such lofty financial expectations to make ends meet in one of the most cyclical industries on the planet, are fools! Times may be good again, and then we will all prosper, but until then, it is time that we all had to give back, equally.

Could someone please explain the job bid policy at OHAP. At LAP when you bid on and took the job it was yours for 6 months. You could not bid out until the 6 month period was up. Whats the deal here??? I'm not going to name anybody but our union rep is dumb. I'm better off seeking info here.

Could someone please explain the job bid policy at OHAP. At LAP when you bid on and took the job it was yours for 6 months. You could not bid out until the 6 month period was up. Whats the deal here??? I'm not going to name anybody but our union rep is dumb. I'm better off seeking info here.

The job bid policy is explained in the Local Agreements on pages 28 and 29. When you except and are placed on a job that you have bid on you are not eligible to bid again for 3 months. If you are disqualified by the company the 3 month restriction does not apply

Unless something has changed, I think it remains that way at OHAP.

You need to read the Local Agreements

And you need to consider some remedial English coursework to help eliminate your mis-application of the words of the language we utilize here. Makes no difference in this case, be it 3 months or 6 months, all of the vacated jobs related to retirement packages will be long gone by the time anybody "excepts " (as per your post) a job bid now serves this time period. Thanks, however, for your enlightenment. I wasn't able to get to my contract book, my wife is using it to balance the wobbly side of the washing machine! Glad we found you Mr. Greek, you must be one of those under 50 votes alternates that are leading the charge this week. Nicely done.You, sir, are a true bastion of knowledge!

I am only pointing out what the Local Agreements are. This part of it may have also been waived to accomidate the conslidation as other parts have been waived

You did it again. Have no fear however, I am here to help. Please go see Ray Berisko, education training coordinator, he can assist you with this bastardization of the English language problem that you have. As for your post, don't you think it's a little bit silly to give directions to somebody, and share with them as to how a certain process works, if you're not even sure yourself? So what your saying here is that the local agreement may or may not apply to plant situations today? And you are telling me I need to read these why?

And you need to consider some remedial English coursework to help eliminate your mis-application of the words of the language we utilize here. Makes no difference in this case, be it 3 months or 6 months, all of the vacated jobs related to retirement packages will be long gone by the time anybody "excepts " (as per your post) a job bid now serves this time period. Thanks, however, for your enlightenment. I wasn't able to get to my contract book, my wife is using it to balance the wobbly side of the washing machine! Glad we found you Mr. Greek, you must be one of those under 50 votes alternates that are leading the charge this week. Nicely done.You, sir, are a true bastion of knowledge!

Accepts. Your wife should use it upside your head for being such a smart ass. and you should read it before you give out your miss imformation

You did it again. Have no fear however, I am here to help. Please go see Ray Berisko, education training coordinator, he can assist you with this bastardization of the English language problem that you have. As for your post, don't you think it's a little bit silly to give directions to somebody, and share with them as to how a certain process works, if you're not even sure yourself? So what your saying here is that the local agreement may or may not apply to plant situations today? And you are telling me I need to read these why?
Speaking of RAY BERISKO.Where is this guy going to park once they implement the parking lot rules?Have you ever seen one of his cars?Big,huge mid 1970's Chrysler land barges.Filled to the gills with body filler!These vehicles should have been put in the junkyard 10 years ago.

Accepts. Your wife should use it upside your head for being such a smart ass. and you should read it before you give out your miss imformation

Damn it Greek, you did it again. "miss information" would be a young lady with the last name of information. Let me help you again, but you need to call Ray, he's the expert at these situations of illiteracy. Here, try this:

mis-1

pref.

Bad; badly; wrong; wrongly: misconduct.

Failure; lack: misfire.

Used as an intensive: misdoubt.

So you see, the correct way to have written this would have been "misinformation". The other way implies that I have given out somebody with the last name of information, and that's impossible, because there is nobody in my family with that last name. Hope this helps!

Bye the way, I said "I think", not "I know", but then again, you by your own admission really don't know either, do you?

Damn it Greek, you did it again. "miss information" would be a young lady with the last name of information. Let me help you again, but you need to call Ray, he's the expert at these situations of illiteracy. Here, try this:

mis-1

pref.

Bad; badly; wrong; wrongly: misconduct.

Failure; lack: misfire.

Used as an intensive: misdoubt.

So you see, the correct way to have written this would have been "misinformation". The other way implies that I have given out somebody with the last name of information, and that's impossible, because there is nobody in my family with that last name. Hope this helps!

Bye the way, I said "I think", not "I know", but then again, you by your own admission really don't know either, do you?

Ummm Slappy, was this a typo or do you need Ray's number also? :shrug:

:P

I couldn't resist there Slappy, you're cracking me up today!

:wub:

Peeps

Edited by Peeps

Ummm Slappy, was this a typo or do you need Ray's number also? :shrug:

:P

I couldn't resist there Slappy, you're cracking me up today!

:wub:

Peeps

Na, no typo, just trying to see what life is like on the other side. That was for Mr. Greek to find though, so shhhhh! Gotta have some fun in life, ya know? I promise, when I start fumbling with the language, I will do so with words bigger than 3 letters. Have a great day there, Peepster!

40anout

Obviously you are going to believe what makes you feel good. Here is how it went for anyone else that may want to know.

Skilled Trades did do a lot of work. With the scope of the retooling though it is of course impossible to have done it all so contractors did most of the work. After the equipment is installed the vendors come in to train skilled trades on the equipment. How supervision cares to maintain the equipment is up to them, and usually not correct per manufacturers recommendations.

The engineering by outside engineering firms was atrocious. One in particular that comes to mind is the hoist for the rear axle to transfer the axle to the frame line from the axle line. After skilled trades constructed all the overhead support beams and mounted the skate rails, all according to print, it was discovered that this was 5 feet too low. It all had to be ripped out and redone 5 feet higher. It had originally been done accurately to a print that Ford paid an outside engineering firm to design. Now, if that kind of mistake can be made imagine all the other mistakes that were possible. You would not believe the crackerjack engineering.

Most all modifications to make something function correctly during trial runs and start up are done by our maintenance department. Usually a Ford engineer has an idea to correct it. Sometimes it works, many times the trade doing the rework has to come up with something that works. It's only the ingenuity of the maintenance department that gets the line going often times.

I'll give you the maintenance slugs, they are there, as long as you give maintenance credit where credit is due.

In review.....

This equipment is brand new isn’t it?

New junk is no better than old junk.

You guys should have been their working right along with these guys
We did at times. Sometimes they worked alone, sometimes we worked alone. There was only about 60 skilled trades guys and hundreds and hundreds of contractors.

I watched the Germans put in Kuka in LAP and LAP maintenance where trained on the spot as to how to use and maintain the equipment.

Regularly training is done by the equipment manufacturer, and this was done. What the company wants us to do or will let us do though is a different thing.

What’s your excuse at OHAP was American Idol running reruns that you guys couldn’t miss?
No excuses, only facts that you evidently can never realize.

This is a waste of my time messing with you.

More of a waste of my time, but it's because of people like you piling false stuff on top of the negative stuff that makes things worse. Yeah, maintenance has its faults, but we've also accomplished far more than you comprehend. Now that we are Traditional though there has been a significant drop in effectiveness.

Edited by nobodyinparticular

Why is it that alot of low seniority people think soliciting the senior people for open jobs is against the contract? I've heard alot of them arguing with the committeeman that the company has the right to assign and they have the right to the jobs. The Union is finally getting around to moving these low seniority out of the gravey jobs they've been doing since January. The people seem to have forgotten the Union said the moves were temporary untill the jobs get bidded out. I think the Union let them get away with it for too long but i'm glad there doing things by seniority.

Why is it that alot of low seniority people think soliciting the senior people for open jobs is against the contract? I've heard alot of them arguing with the committeeman that the company has the right to assign and they have the right to the jobs. The Union is finally getting around to moving these low seniority out of the gravey jobs they've been doing since January. The people seem to have forgotten the Union said the moves were temporary untill the jobs get bidded out. I think the Union let them get away with it for too long but i'm glad there doing things by seniority.

Not a day goes by without someone around me talking about this. The company has no right to set people with 5 yrs in an area that you should have grey hair to be in!!! We do not have any real relief people that I can see ... they are all general utilities and hand picked extras (hand picked by management). In my area we have a younger girl that says she is pregant. She sits at a table for 8 hrs a day. Then goes around for her social tour then goes home and gets 10hrs pay.

Alot of these low seniority people were in the GEN-BANK before they were put in ECONOLINE.They were never ever in ECONOLINE before.Their whole career at FORD was either in UNIT 2 or in the GEN-BANK.Very low seniority people.Then when they are put into UNIT 1 they have no idea of how UNIT 1 works.They can't grasp the concept that you need to have SENIORITY in order to get the good jobs.As it should be.All of the LOW SENIORITY ex-team leaders from UNIT 2 are having a VERY HARD time trying to figure this out.They USED to think that they were the BIG SHOTS in the VILLAGER and MARINER system when they were TEAM LEADERS.Now they are NOBODIES!They are LOST!The FREE RIDE is OVER for them!And all of the other LOW SENIORITY people out there do not know what is going on as now they have to WORK for their money just like the rest of us!No more FREE MONEY from the GEN-BANK!Here is one example of an EX-UNIT 2 employee.There is one individual who bid on a job.This person always worked day shift because he could in UNIT 2 as he had the time to hold days there.He got a job in a classification on night shift in UNIT 1.This employee is VERY LOW on SENIORITY.He is now finally starting to realize that he has NO SENOIRITY at all to speak of.He is starting to realize that he will live and die on night shift for the rest of his life.Now he is starting all of this talk of how he is going to BUST his classification in order to get off of his CLASSIFIED JOB that he no longer wants.This person was from the GEN-BANK.He doesn't know how it works in UNIT 1.If this person is allowed to do this then why can't any person on any classified job in any UAW represented plant in America do this?If this person is allowed to do this there will be repercussions all the way to GETTELFINGER.An EX-GEN-BANKER should not be allowed to do this.He made his bed now let him sleep in it!