Well, well, well. Look at this.

From a Ford media release that is posted on the front page: "The three-row, seven-passenger Taurus X will complement the sporty and popular two-row, five-passenger Ford Edge in the lineup. The two crossovers will be joined by yet another large Ford crossover – based on the Ford Fairlane concept vehicle – which will debut later this year and go on sale in 2008. "

This means that the "Fairlane" will be shown at New York (hopefully) or at LA, thus debuting in 07 and will go on sale early in 08, possibly in the winter or spring. Any comments? To me this seems like excellent news!!!!! :happy feet:

From a Ford media release that is posted on the front page: "The three-row, seven-passenger Taurus X will complement the sporty and popular two-row, five-passenger Ford Edge in the lineup. The two crossovers will be joined by yet another large Ford crossover – based on the Ford Fairlane concept vehicle – which will debut later this year and go on sale in 2008. "

This means that the "Fairlane" will be shown at New York (hopefully) or at LA, thus debuting in 07 and will go on sale early in 08, possibly in the winter or spring. Any comments? To me this seems like excellent news!!!!! :happy feet:

I completely missed that bit ... great find ...

my bet is LA ... NY is too early for 2008 sales ...

Igor

Nice to see finally that Ford is pushing up projects for a change...then again they need too so they don't go bankrupt...

Lets see:

08 F-150

08 Fairlane

08 Lincoln Fairlane

Wonder what else is getting pushed up...

Lincoln will be at least 1 MY later . .Ford wants to shed the "oh and where is the Lincoln version" stuff .. to exemplify that the Lincoln is a separate model, they said they will stop releasing related Ford and Lincoln models at the same time.

Nice to see finally that Ford is pushing up projects for a change...then again they need too so they don't go bankrupt...

Lets see:

08 F-150

08 Fairlane

08 Lincoln Fairlane

Wasn't the F-150 slated to be refreshed for the '09 model year a couple of years ago? Don't think there was much change on that one. As for the Fairlane duo, the "push up" only just brings it up to the launch date where it SHOULD have been to begin with.

Lets see:

08 F-150

08 Fairlane

08 Lincoln Fairlane

Isn't the refreshed mustang appearing in 08 as an 09?

Lincoln will be at least 1 MY later . .Ford wants to shed the "oh and where is the Lincoln version" stuff .. to exemplify that the Lincoln is a separate model, they said they will stop releasing related Ford and Lincoln models at the same time.

That is dumb, it should be released asap, lincoln is barely floating above water.

Make it completely different and then people won't be sayng "oh and there is the lincoln version" Because the MKX and MKZ are far to similar to their ford counter parts especially considering they share almost all the same sheetmetal except for the front.

Supposedly, the MKZ has individual front and rear clips as well as other differences.

The MKX...not much I can say there. On the other hand, I predicted the current Navigator would tank, and its sales have been up steadily since the refresh...so what do I know?

Speaking of the Navigator, I saw one the other day in that lighter beige color. The grille REALLY doesn't look that obnoxious when it's not paired with a dark color that makes it stick out so much. I thought it looked pretty good actually. I hated it when it debuted too, go figure.

I don't count much of what these articles say. If you remember the Edge debuted in early Jan. 06 at the NAIAS but didn't end up going on sale until mid-Dec. 06, almost a full year later. What Ford needs to stop doing is debuting anything until it's just about ready to hit the dealerships, say no more than one month. What's the point of creating buzz in Jan for a vehicle that isn't going to show up until Sep or Nov? By then it's old hat and everybody is bored with it unless it's a styling masterpiece (which I haven't seen come out of Ford in some time). I'll bet the Fairlane goes on sale Fall '08, no sooner.

Speaking of the Navigator, I saw one the other day in that lighter beige color. The grille REALLY doesn't look that obnoxious when it's not paired with a dark color that makes it stick out so much. I thought it looked pretty good actually. I hated it when it debuted too, go figure.

The grille makes much more sense in person. Even in darker colors, I'm finding myself appreciating it more.

It photographs like complete crap, however. I liken it to the BMW Z4, which I really like-in person. Its pics were awful.

The grille makes much more sense in person. Even in darker colors, I'm finding myself appreciating it more.

It photographs like complete crap, however. I liken it to the BMW Z4, which I really like-in person. Its pics were awful.

I believe one reason it looks a little better in person is the lack of artificial light. Flash bulbs and overhead flood lights make all the chrome on the grille an absolute mess in photos and really interfere with the depth perception of it.

I believe one reason it looks a little better in person is the lack of artificial light. Flash bulbs and overhead flood lights make all the chrome on the grille an absolute mess in photos and really interfere with the depth perception of it.

I saw the new Navagator at the NYC Auto show last year and the lighting removes the Vee shape that the upper chrome grill has...it looks much better in person, wonder if the Taurus (boy gonna be hard saying that LOL) and Focus will be like that

I saw the new Navagator at the NYC Auto show last year and the lighting removes the Vee shape that the upper chrome grill has...it looks much better in person, wonder if the Taurus (boy gonna be hard saying that LOL) and Focus will be like that

Well, the standard grille on the Focus is more of a flat billet look, so the reflections aren't as prominent.

As for the Taurus, it photographs well in certain situations:

taurus2.jpg

...and horrible in others:

taurus.jpg

EXACT same car, but WOW, what a difference a competent photographer makes.

Edited by NickF1011

Well, the standard grille on the Focus is more of a flat billet look, so the reflections aren't as prominent.

taurus2.jpg

taurus.jpg

The latter of the two pictures looks better, IMHO. I still think these vehicles look better in person.

As long as Ford dosen't push to the point of loseing reliability/quality they should be able to gain a fair amount of market share back, if Ford doesn't "real world" test these vehicles then it'll all be a waste of time and money and the warranty repairs will kill them.

Edited by Ron W.

taurus2.jpg

taurus.jpg

The 86 - 95 Taurus basically had no grille, just a body colored fascia, which defined its look. Subsequent Taurus models grew a real grille, but never as prominent as the 2008 FH/T. Any thoughts on a body color grille or other mods to approximate the legacy design? Photoshop, anyone?