Drove an 08 today!!!!

SixGun

I love the new truck. The engine noise has really been dampened out of the cockpit. Lots of power. However, when it got up to operating temperature it started smoking out of the back. When I got back to the stealer and turned it in I opened the door and smoke was bellowing out from underneath it. It may have been some oil on an exhaust pipe or something but if someone was going there to purchase that truck they would have lost the sale. When I stepped on the fuel and let off I heard some kind of thumping under the hood in the lower exhaust or transmission area, weird.

The interior is awesome as usual, very roomy and the seats are very comfortable. I don't like that the seat heaters have only one setting...off and burn your butt.

I'm not ready to buy until they have a solid black or grey interior. I have a black interior on my 2004 F150 and I love it. I had a grey interior on my 2001 SuperDuty, loved it too. Tan I can't live with, I know they have a black/grey in FX4 but not Lariat and that's what I want.

I also don't know what that smoke was all about but I will be looking here to see if anyone else sees it.

They also have a solid gray lariat interior. My 04 makes the same thumping noise when you take your foot off the gas (after you've been laying into it). They're telling me its normal. Saw an 08 yesterday, will probably be putting my order in shortly - I love how everything is within easy reach of the driver.

I was going off the brochoure on the Ford website on available colors. I'd still like to see a black interior on a Lariat before I buy one.

I still don't like the headlights on the lower bezel though. Maybe some aftermarket SEMA folks will jump on it soon.

The chevy colorado has them and it looks awful.

Outside of that I love this truck!

I saw a couple of 08's on the lot today for the first time. My initial reaction was "shock". I realize that everyone has different opinions on looks, but this truck looks butt ugly to me. The interior - specifically the dashboard and instrument cluster - looks just plain weird to me. The sticker price was ridiculous. I predict these things will bomb.

I agree they are beyond fugly, but they won't bomb just because of their looks. No one else has anything close to as good as the super duty, and too many people know that.

Chevy=IFS front end (no thanks, I want a truck, not a camry), also ugly interior and exterior.

Dodge=bad fuel pumps, front axles/suspension, and paper thin frames and bodies. Good Cummins motor with junk parts bolted to it in a junk truck.

The first couple years the 6.0 powerstroke was out there were a few problems, and the people who had them cried all over the internet thinking that they're all junk and will never be good, but I know too many logging companies, construction companies, and personally owned 6.0's that run perfect, and anyone that has had a 7.3 knows ford and international put out a good truck.

On the TV show Xtreme 4x4, they put an aftermarket front bumper on it and I have to admit that it helped the looks immensely. I personally would swap the 05-07 front clip on it if I had one, but might consider just puting a front bumper on it. If people can buy Titans, Frontiers, Silverados, and Tundras, they can handle this. :hysterical: I just hope they change it within a few years when I'm ready to upgrade from my '05.

• 4 weeks later...
I saw a couple of 08's on the lot today for the first time. My initial reaction was "shock". I realize that everyone has different opinions on looks, but this truck looks butt ugly to me. The interior - specifically the dashboard and instrument cluster - looks just plain weird to me. The sticker price was ridiculous. I predict these things will bomb.

Yep butt ugly is my feeling, something wrong with head lights!!! grill is ok but Headlights need to be reworked.

I love mine and it is way superior to my 04, throttle response, the power, engine so quiet I've actually tried to start while it was already running, the tailgate step awsome, the fold away mirrors are great for car washes or when parked in parking lots, the pionneer tracking and sound system is best to none. The lower headlights I like. The front bumper is lower to the groung then my 04. Might have something to do with matching the bumper heights more closely to other vehicle bumpers. Ireally like the beige and taup interior color.

08superduty001.jpg

08superduty007.jpg

08superduty003.jpg

08superduty004.jpg

Can you post some pics of the wheels and those neat lookin mudflaps too. Keeping mud off the side step, and rocks off the front of the boat is important to me. I currenlty use the Husky Liner mudflaps on my 06, but my white truck does not have the fender flairs things on it.

The flaps say powerstroke on them. The dealer installed them for me. I beleive they are a ford accessory

The new Blue Metallic Pearl........is the best looking Blue I have ever seen on a truck (any brand). I must admit I like it a lot. I would even strongly consider it, even though my boat is Red/Black/White. Otherwise I may have to stay with a white truck the rest of my life.....lol

My 04 is white and yes this new pearl blue is nice. I can't wait till it warms up enough so I can clay it and apply about 3 coats of zainos bros. wax.

• 2 weeks later...
That was my initial reaction too. But now, the more I see it, the more I want one!

Oh I agree, of course I need a Super Duty as much as I need someone to come to my door and knock all my teeth out. I saw my first one in a parking lot the other day and WOW... it's BOLD. I love it. I thought it was going to be ugly when I saw it in pictures, but in real life, it is so massive and tough looking that it makes all other pickups look like wimpy trucks.

New Super Duty = HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY

all others = wimpy wimpy wimpy

• 2 weeks later...

IMO 2008 SD butt ugly. My 2001 SuperDuty looks MUCH better. Interior does look good though. Sorry to say, as I'm a die hard Ford man, but Dodge has the best looking truck right now. Maybe Ford should buy Chrysler? They do have some nice looking cars and the JEEP would be a nice addition. LOL

IMO 2008 SD butt ugly. My 2001 SuperDuty looks MUCH better. Interior does look good though. Sorry to say, as I'm a die hard Ford man, but Dodge has the best looking truck right now. Maybe Ford should buy Chrysler? They do have some nice looking cars and the JEEP would be a nice addition. LOL

Dodge SOOO does not have much more than a turd burgler pulling a honey wagon on the back 40. That is a fact.