Roush Ford penalized, Toyota cover up

This may be OT for this Forum but I think it goes to the root cause of how Toyota can do no wrong.

The #17 Roush Fusion team has been penalized by NASCAR along with a Dodge team. They got caught and have to pay the penalties. However the Waltrip Toyota was blatantly cheating with performance enhancing substance in the intake manifold. This substance is an oxidizer and will allow a better A/F ratio and increased HP, especially in a restrictor plate engine. As of now he will not be fined. He will appear to not have a competitive car for Daytona and all will be forgotten. This stinks.

This may be OT for this Forum but I think it goes to the root cause of how Toyota can do no wrong.

The #17 Roush Fusion team has been penalized by NASCAR along with a Dodge team. They got caught and have to pay the penalties. However the Waltrip Toyota was blatantly cheating with performance enhancing substance in the intake manifold. This substance is an oxidizer and will allow a better A/F ratio and increased HP, especially in a restrictor plate engine. As of now he will not be fined. He will appear to not have a competitive car for Daytona and all will be forgotten. This stinks.

Acctually, the 17 and 9 teams were pnelized the most, but the 10 and the 19 also got penalized. As for Waltrips car, ther has been no confirmation what was found in the intake manifold. They found the substance before qualifying, and impounded the intake. They put a new one on, qualified, and the substance was found again. His car was impounded, and today he was not participating in practice. There is a press conference schedualed for later today on this. Word is his team will be sent home.

Acctually, the 17 and 9 teams were pnelized the most, but the 10 and the 19 also got penalized. As for Waltrips car, ther has been no confirmation what was found in the intake manifold. They found the substance before qualifying, and impounded the intake. They put a new one on, qualified, and the substance was found again. His car was impounded, and today he was not participating in practice. There is a press conference schedualed for later today on this. Word is his team will be sent home.

It would seem that if they impounded his first intake and his team did the same thing again, they are too dumb too live. They are certainly too dumb too race.

Send the little bastard home for good.

:redcard::finger:

I hope Toyota takes the entire top 10. Who cares if they have the fastest headlight decals?

As to real cars, this won the WRC Swedish Rally last weekend. Real headlights, real doors.

marcus1.jpg

Yeha but why can't we have this over here?? That is a cool little car and all we get is the turd on wheels Focus.

"Yeha but why can't we have this over here??"

I know, but I'd be happy just to see Ford make all the go-fast AWD goodies available, so you could build an AWD sled out of a used 2-dr Focus.

It's too bad they didn't make the 2K8 2-dr Focus coupe an AWD vehicle, with a MazdaSpeed-type turbo 2.3. I mean, the parts exist, already. If Dearborn can't do it, then get Roush to do it.

Back to topic:

The current management of NA$CAR just don't get it. When you think of the stunts that were pulled in the past, the Waltrip penalty is somewhat heavy, but there's nothing like NA$CAR for projecting a self-righteous attitude when they are under media scrutiny.

Edited by Edstock

Can someone explain NASCAR? Didn't it used to mean stock car racing, like as in going to the dealership to buy a "stock" car?

I think WWE is more realistic than this crap, plus the WWE has better writers!

They used to race "stock" cars, but really, would you wnat to drive a stock Fusion around Daytona the way they do? Granted it would need one hell of an boost in the engine area to even be competative.

The cars are the way they are now, because a stock car can't hit the wall at 190mph and have the driver walk away. Really, whats made the cars so different from stock, is making the cars safe (thats relative of course, I don't think you will ever make a car completely safe) for the drivers, and those in the stands, as well as keeping the competiion tight.

And for the record, to me auto racing is auto racing, I love it all!

I'm curious though what the substance they found is. I've heard quite a few rumors, but I havn't seen anything confirmed.

In the late '40s and early '50s it was common to cover the front ends of cars with tape to protect the paint from stone chips so they could still be sold later. They still had real bumpers, headlights and doors. By the late '60s the cars bore less resemblence to anything Detroit produced.

The early history of Nascar is really interesting. The drivers were a very colorful bunch. Detroit's cars were actually improved by racing. They used to have a convertible class at Daytona when they raced on the beach. The beach races ended after the speedway opened.

Meaning it was applied deliberately and not just somehow "dropped in there"

Toyota team cheated.

Yes it was deliberate. Ryan Newman may have benefited in the past as well. Crew Chiefs carry their bag of tricks from team to team. There is no way that Waltrip was not aware of this trick. The engine has to be tuned to allow for this.

Whatever it was, it was in the fuel, not applied to the manifold. Only thing that makes sense is some kind of oxygenate, think nitromethane. Only you can smell that and they test for funny fuel.

All of this to get more oxygen into the engine, that resistrictor plate knocks about 300 hp out of the engine. They must have figured out something that would get past the fuel tests, but didn't realize it would puddle in the manifold.

Or it didn't puddle in their testing and something happened at the track that did.

The "fuel" they ran in the F1 turbo cars weighed 50% more per gallon than gasoline. All the wonderful chemicals added to the weight and made it so toxic they had full bio hazard suits to deal with it. Wonder how much of that 25 year old technology is related to this?