Another 2009 Ford E-Series

jaredg

w_2008econlineFD23A.jpg

w_2008econlineFD23B.jpg

e1.jpg

From Morningjournal.com: http://www.morningjournal.com/site/news.cf...46371&rfi=6

"Plans for Ford's new 2008 Econoline van model would call for a $60 million investment at the Avon Lake facility where the vans are built, Ford's Gabby Bruno wrote in an e-mail to Lorain County Commissioner Lori Kokoski. The 2008 Econoline includes a new front end, a new frame, new suspension, seat changes and increased vehicle weight capacity, according to the e-mail.

The bulk of the $49 million investment is for facilities and tooling, while $11 million is planned to launch the new product, the e-mail stated. Of the $49 million, the automaker plans to put $28 million into the body shop in new tooling and improvements, $10 million in final assembly and $500,000 in the paint shop.

Ford is also considering a new model in 2009, along with improvements to the test track site, but those are still preliminary, according to the e-mail."

• 3 weeks later...
excuse the crude photoshopping, I was just really interested to see what was under the camo of the recently surfaced E-series spy shots. I can definately make out Super Duty type headlamps.

08FordE-Series.jpg

THAT front end, on the E Series would make it the Jimmy Durante of transportation vehicles!

durante-sm.jpg

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

Well here it is > Um and yeah, NO interior mods worth mentioning. I hate when they add front overhang and dont push up the front axle, it always looks dumpy, just like the GM vans.

WKA2007030738238_pv.jpg

WKA2007030738112_pv.jpg

WKA2007030738169_pv.jpg

WKA2007030737824_pv.jpg

Edited by jaredg

I notice the rearward bench seats are notch cut at the left and right seat back ends...that should help the egress and regress abilities...overall, a nice refresh for a solid work truck...maybe they could add the Transit to the line here and call it the Econoline-Transit for the NA market....Ford sold a lot of econolines...to put it out to pasture with so many sales riding on it would be just plain stupid. But adding the Transit here would definitely make for a solid move...go after the Sprinter with a better idea.