Bought a new edge, and its already in the shop!

1520 man

The problem with everybody losing jobs (both Canada and USA) is not the fact that Japan or any other country is importing goods for us to buy , it's the fact that we do not sell equal quanities back to them ... ie automobiles ...

If we sold and built the same number of products back to Japan , Korea , Mexico and countless other countrys around the world we would not have to worry about losing our jobs , BUT since the autopact was eliminated with "freetrade" being introduced we have lost marketshare (read jobs in North America).

So the real problem is not the fact that Canada is building cars for Ford but rather your Government for allowing trade policies to be distroyed.

Trade polices that protected your job and mine i.e. AUTOPACT ...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the same problem with an 01' Explorer.Finally went to "lemon law".Ford threatened to take away my "a" plan.End result was they gave me a cash settlement and extended my warranty.Big deal,the truck would not start,sat at the dealer for days and they could not figure out why it would not start.After the settlement ,traded it in.

Al

You are completely full of shit (read: wrong). I didn't nod my head when I read that post.

It looks like we don't know the source of the trouble---yet---with this persons' Edge. It could be a supplier part or parts. He'll have to find out, through the dealer, where the fault lies.

lest we forget....this vehicle has a Ford Blue Oval on it...I've never seen but 1 vemdor's name on my Ford and that was on the tires...so to our customers it makes NO difference if it's a vendor's part....he gave his money to Ford......stop making excuses....like I've said all along.. this product is being built in the wrong plant...this is just more proof...

Why the hell are you so bitter about norfolk closing ?

Ford offered you a buyout/move with your jobs! Yet you all are so bitter!

we have EVERY right to be bitter.....the #1 quality plant in the system is closing...then they put a new product in a plant like OAP that has a long history of poor quality, work stoppages, poor union/management relations....makes you wonder what they are thinking....

lest we forget....this vehicle has a Ford Blue Oval on it...I've never seen but 1 vemdor's name on my Ford and that was on the tires...so to our customers it makes NO difference if it's a vendor's part....he gave his money to Ford......stop making excuses....like I've said all along.. this product is being built in the wrong plant...this is just more proof...

So because both my new Mustangs had things wrong with them when I bought them , does that mean they were built in the wrong plant? :do what:

Sounds like the same problem (ie electrical). Like a malfunctioning control module . What did the dealers say the problem was when you had the sensor problem and took it in?

You mean other than your post?

Discover the problem, then lay the blame.

Not that it makes you feel any better, the problem might be vendor related.

stop making excuses, this just proves what I told you a few weeks ago....it's being built in a poor quality plant!

Why the hell are you so bitter about norfolk closing ?

Ford offered you a buyout/move with your jobs! Yet you all are so bitter!

I am a concerned stockholder and yes I am taking the buyout which I am truly grateful. Do not try to turn the subject around as facts are facts and the facts show that the higher quality plant/s were and are being closed.

we have EVERY right to be bitter.....the #1 quality plant in the system is closing...then they put a new product in a plant like OAP that has a long history of poor quality, work stoppages, poor union/management relations....makes you wonder what they are thinking....

EVERY RIGHT ? Based on that thinking, then the terrorists have every right to bomb us.

What's next ?

I am a concerned stockholder and yes I am taking the buyout which I am truly grateful. Do not try to turn the subject around as facts are facts and the facts show that the higher quality plant/s were and are being closed.

'Concerned Stockholder' that's funny!

Ford said it made the decisions 'with everything into account'.

Don't turn this into just about 'quality'!

The problem with everybody losing jobs (both Canada and USA) is not the fact that Japan or any other country is importing goods for us to buy , it's the fact that we do not sell equal quanities back to them ... ie automobiles ...

If we sold and built the same number of products back to Japan , Korea , Mexico and countless other countrys around the world we would not have to worry about losing our jobs , BUT since the autopact was eliminated with "freetrade" being introduced we have lost marketshare (read jobs in North America).

So the real problem is not the fact that Canada is building cars for Ford but rather your Government for allowing trade policies to be distroyed.

Trade polices that protected your job and mine i.e. AUTOPACT ...

You sound like Buzz Hargrove. If the people of Canada and the USA won't buy your vehicles what makes you think that people in foreign countries will? You are still way above Autopact levels. (the big 2.5 build more vehicles in Canada than they sell in Canada) And Honda builds more cars in Canada than Ford. And Toyota soon will build more vehicles in Canada than Ford does.(if they don't already) Why are the Big 2.5 more Canadian than Toyota or Honda?

Just Hargroves excuse for the failure of the CAW auto industry.

......by the way I have 4 daughters and would trust nothing else but my Fords with their safety.

While I admire your loyalty and wanting to help the "home team", by your statement above are you claiming that no other vehicle other than a Ford-built one will keep a person safe????

If so, then puh-lease!!!

medium_head-in-sand.jpg

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

stop making excuses, this just proves what I told you a few weeks ago....it's being built in a poor quality plant!

you are so right NAP is the best. ihave an 04 f series built their. All i can say is what a vehicle!!

...............flagged do not drive by dealer for 2 weeks waiting for ABS sensor

Driver seat bolster leather split and cracked after 6 months

Box sagged by over 1.5 inches from driver side to passengerside,Assembly issue?

drive shaft replaced

water leak passenger side cowl

Left front speaker replaced

My dealer was shocked by the problems i had. He said it was the first time they ever had a vehicle in for service that wasnt from oakville.

Edited by uglymugs

You sound like Buzz Hargrove. If the people of Canada and the USA won't buy your vehicles what makes you think that people in foreign countries will? You are still way above Autopact levels. (the big 2.5 build more vehicles in Canada than they sell in Canada) And Honda builds more cars in Canada than Ford. And Toyota soon will build more vehicles in Canada than Ford does.(if they don't already) Why are the Big 2.5 more Canadian than Toyota or Honda?

Just Hargroves excuse for the failure of the CAW auto industry.

I am sorry but have you read the news lately?

Trade deficit sets record for fifth consecutive year

Collapsing car industry unfair trade for America

How is Japan succeeding?

First, the Japanese make fine cars. Second, Japan manipulates its currency to keep it cheap against the dollar, to keep the price of Japanese autos below comparable U.S. models. Third, Tokyo maintains a lock on its home market by imposing a value added tax on auto imports from America, and rebating that tax on autos and parts exported to America. This double-subsidy can give a Japanese car a 15 percent price advantage over a Ford or GM car in both markets.

Fourth, Japanese auto companies setting up plants here are free of “legacy costs” of pensions and health insurance for retired U.S. workers. Legacy costs at GM, Ford and Chrysler must be factored into the price of every car.

Finally, there is the venerable practice of “transfer pricing.” Japanese auto parts manufacturers overcharge U.S subsidiaries for parts. This cuts the profits of their U.S subsidiaries and thus reduces their U.S. corporate taxes. Profits are repatriated, virtually untaxed, to Japan.

Thus is Japan capturing America’s auto market and bringing down the great companies that built the machines of war which brought down Japan’s empire.

Edited by fastime

Simply amazing. Guy has a problem with a vehicle and he gets flamed for it. Is it any wonder nobody wants to buy a Ford product?

And, vendor or not, the responsibility falls with Ford. They contracted it out and put a blue oval on it.

I think some of these guys want to turn this into an us vs them thread , since he works in a Canadian plant...

I bought a new edge 3 weeks ago. A week after purchasing the vehicle, my family and I went for a long road trip. This is where the first problem started. Every censor the car had was going on and off, from airbags to engine signs, from service your brakes. Then my speedometer would go from 0 to 160 kms. My second problem was yesterday, we were at the grocery store, we loaded up all our bags, get in the car, and the piece of shit didn't start. It wouldn't even turn over. The car is 3 weeks old. I had to call road side assitance. We couldn't put my daughter in the tow truck without a car seat. This was the biggest pain in the ass ever. But you know what really sucks, is that I preach to all me friends and family that they must buy FORD products. And they say that our quality sucks. Well how can I argue with them now! The people down in Oakville better get there shit together! There launch was already delayed cause of quality and it seems like they never fixed it. This car was suppose to save that plant! All I have to say is there lucky it happen to a Ford worker and not someone else. Cause thats all we need is more bad Press.

Sorry about your trouble, you being a car assemlby guy should tell some small problems can occur. It's best not look at the negative your history is not the greatest at all . I guess you forgot about year after year Quality JD Power awards on our F series , Windstar and great productivity with excellent work force who care about the products we build for our customers. We worked hard to get Flex, your plant needs our help to secure a stronger future for your members. So get over it and move on

To the customer it doesn't matter whether it is a vendor issue or not; it's a Ford problem.

But to the "it's an OAP problem", what needs to be shown is whether it is a vendor problem or an assembly problem before you can say "Oakville get your shit together".

Like I said, it sounds like an electical problem to me, both occurences probably related. Is it a module (ie vendor or loom) or is it a pinched wire, a loom not plugged in, or a screw shot through a loom (ie assembly)?

Gee, my '99 Taurus had its tranny die at 50K km and a new steering rack and ball joints at 60k. Had to get it towed under warranty when the alternator died at 75k. First Ford in 20+ years of driving Fords that I ever needed a tow that was non-accident related. Was I on here freaking out at Atlanta employees for building shit? Hmmmm no, they didn't build the tranny (the same as the Windstars btw), ball joints, alternator or steering rack.

Why not? Well, because of a few minor issues that were taken care of under warranty it's been a pretty decent car.

So, why don't we find out what the real issue is, not about your prejudices. Believe it or not, a complete failure can be a good thing from a diagnostic point of view it's better than some sporadic issue that makes it difficult to find. Hopefully they'll fix you up right.

Sorry about your trouble, you being a car assemlby guy should tell some small problems can occur. It's best not look at the negative your history is not the greatest at all . I guess you forgot about year after year Quality JD Power awards on our F series , Windstar and great productivity with excellent work force who care about the products we build for our customers. We worked hard to get Flex, your plant needs our help to secure a stronger future for your members. So get over it and move on

you've got your facts wrong,,,,I went to the JD Power web site and the Windstar was ranked 4th behind all other mini-vans....

To the customer it doesn't matter whether it is a vendor issue or not; it's a Ford problem.

But to the "it's an OAP problem", what needs to be shown is whether it is a vendor problem or an assembly problem before you can say "Oakville get your shit together".

Like I said, it sounds like an electical problem to me, both occurences probably related. Is it a module (ie vendor or loom) or is it a pinched wire, a loom not plugged in, or a screw shot through a loom (ie assembly)?

Gee, my '99 Taurus had its tranny die at 50K km and a new steering rack and ball joints at 60k. Had to get it towed under warranty when the alternator died at 75k. First Ford in 20+ years of driving Fords that I ever needed a tow that was non-accident related. Was I on here freaking out at Atlanta employees for building shit? Hmmmm no, they didn't build the tranny (the same as the Windstars btw), ball joints, alternator or steering rack.

Why not? Well, because of a few minor issues that were taken care of under warranty it's been a pretty decent car.

So, why don't we find out what the real issue is, not about your prejudices. Believe it or not, a complete failure can be a good thing from a diagnostic point of view it's better than some sporadic issue that makes it difficult to find. Hopefully they'll fix you up right.

the difference is that Atlanta like NAP was known for it's quality, and these problems were few a far between, not a history of poor quality and stoppages like OAP! you should not have this product, plain and simple....

the difference is that Atlanta like NAP was known for it's quality, and these problems were few a far between, not a history of poor quality and stoppages like OAP! you should not have this product, plain and simple....

Few and far between? Bullshit. I PERSONALLY know of a half-dozen people with bad trannies in their Taurii. And bad balljoints galore.

Face it -- unless you build every part in your assembly plant, you are at the mercy of the parts you get. All you can do is assemble the vehicles the best you able.

You don't know what the problem with this guy's Edge is yet. Let's find out.

In the meantime, how's "retired" life?

Work stoppages and Poor quailty you need to think again your getting some bad info!!! OTP & OAP are gone they made Billions of Profit for Ford quality and producivity were high in both plants, we are now called OAC we are proud build the Edge and MKX. Personal vendettas and grips is your problem not mine, that kind of negativity always misses the big picture. Ford is finaily coming up to the plate with new ideas and designs to ensure there is a future for all employees retiree's included. You need think again, Just plain and simple....