Bought a new edge, and its already in the shop!

1520 man

I bought a new edge 3 weeks ago. A week after purchasing the vehicle, my family and I went for a long road trip. This is where the first problem started. Every censor the car had was going on and off, from airbags to engine signs, from service your brakes. Then my speedometer would go from 0 to 160 kms. My second problem was yesterday, we were at the grocery store, we loaded up all our bags, get in the car, and the piece of shit didn't start. It wouldn't even turn over. The car is 3 weeks old. I had to call road side assitance. We couldn't put my daughter in the tow truck without a car seat. This was the biggest pain in the ass ever. But you know what really sucks, is that I preach to all me friends and family that they must buy FORD products. And they say that our quality sucks. Well how can I argue with them now! The people down in Oakville better get there shit together! There launch was already delayed cause of quality and it seems like they never fixed it. This car was suppose to save that plant! All I have to say is there lucky it happen to a Ford worker and not someone else. Cause thats all we need is more bad Press.

SO what was wrong with it?????????????????? Writes this long posts bashing the thing and Ford then cant even let us know what was wrong.

Edited by 06StangAwesomecar

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakville employees get along just fine. Norfolk is closing so there are sour grapes and false accusations.

Here is the reality... some of the most important eyeballs are watching this plant and this vehicle. Failure is not an option.

This is a fine vehicle. Scratch that. This is an EXCELLENT vehicle. It has faced multiple delays so that all the bugs could be worked out. Engineers put extra time in this truck. The line workers are building this with pride.

Want to know how much pride? Take an Oakville employee to a dealership to look at them on the showroom floor. Look at the look of glee in their eyes. Watch them point out all of the craftsmanship on it. OACers are proud of this and get defensive when employees from closing plants want to say otherwise.

If you buy one, you will not be sorry. In fact, I'm getting one for my wife.

Thanks for your input J-150! I just purchased an AWD Fusion in January and THAT is what got me looking at an Edge. The AWD system on the Fusion is 'top-notch' and am hoping for the same out of an Edge with the extra HP from the new 3.5 Duratec. I am going Friday to purchase the Edge and am hoping that between the purchase of the Edge and the Fusion that I can somehow help the Ford cause and not have 2 vehicles in my driveway that in a few years I will not be able to get parts for. Neither will be conquest sales as I have traded in an existing Ford product for both purchases. Believe it or not, some consumers appreciate the workers dedication and final product.

That's sort of a narrow way of thinking, is it not?

Canadians, unlike the Mexicans and Japanese, buy a ton of US built vehicles and goods. And it's not just automotive products either, we buy a ton of your agricultural products, and use your services as well. I've made this statement before, yet there are still those people who fail to realize this. We have a broad middle class that eager buys from Americans, unlike Mexicans who can't even afford to buy the products they make.

Given the choice between a shirt made in the USA or overseas, I buy the American shirt. I've owned 2 Wayne built Foci, and an Atlanta built Taurus just in the last 5 years. Mutual support against the overseas is the only way to save jobs. Without Canadian purchases, American jobs are also at stake. I'm looking at going to Vegas soon, perhaps I'll return the gesture, and not spend my money in the US. I'd hate to support foreigners right?

Also, making silly comments about "Canadian Quality" doesn't do anyone any good either. We are all Ford employees, and answer to the same boss. If we get bad parts, it's not our fault if we put them on and they don't work. We do our job to the best of our ability, but the assembly worker often get more blame than the bean counters that bought the cheap parts.

Good Post!

Thanks for your input J-150! I just purchased an AWD Fusion in January and THAT is what got me looking at an Edge. The AWD system on the Fusion is 'top-notch' and am hoping for the same out of an Edge with the extra HP from the new 3.5 Duratec. I am going Friday to purchase the Edge and am hoping that between the purchase of the Edge and the Fusion that I can somehow help the Ford cause and not have 2 vehicles in my driveway that in a few years I will not be able to get parts for. Neither will be conquest sales as I have traded in an existing Ford product for both purchases. Believe it or not, some consumers appreciate the workers dedication and final product.

Great news!

Good luck with your new Edge. I'm sure you will love it.

:happy feet:

Great news!

Good luck with your new Edge. I'm sure you will love it.

:happy feet:

Okay guys, we've had a boatload of name calling and other stuff on this thread. Bottom line is that there will in fact be quality issues with any vehicle, but the good news is that I got my new Edge SEL+ two weeks ago. I've had four Explorers and decided it was time for a change. I love the vehicle and have had absolutely no problems other than not being able to drive it as much as I'd like "cause I have to work during the day. Without getting into boring details, suffice to say that I am a big fan of the car and I get a good deal of stares from other drivers who seem to lik,e it as well. When enough of these get out there, the public will sit up and take notice. Okay, I'm done...

Okay guys, we've had a boatload of name calling and other stuff on this thread. Bottom line is that there will in fact be quality issues with any vehicle, but the good news is that I got my new Edge SEL+ two weeks ago. I've had four Explorers and decided it was time for a change. I love the vehicle and have had absolutely no problems other than not being able to drive it as much as I'd like "cause I have to work during the day. Without getting into boring details, suffice to say that I am a big fan of the car and I get a good deal of stares from other drivers who seem to lik,e it as well. When enough of these get out there, the public will sit up and take notice. Okay, I'm done...

as long as YOU like it. Thats the most important thing.

• 2 weeks later...
The problem with everybody losing jobs (both Canada and USA) is not the fact that Japan or any other country is importing goods for us to buy , it's the fact that we do not sell equal quanities back to them ... ie automobiles ...

If we sold and built the same number of products back to Japan , Korea , Mexico and countless other countrys around the world we would not have to worry about losing our jobs , BUT since the autopact was eliminated with "freetrade" being introduced we have lost marketshare (read jobs in North America).

So the real problem is not the fact that Canada is building cars for Ford but rather your Government for allowing trade policies to be distroyed.

Trade polices that protected your job and mine i.e. AUTOPACT ...

And what about all the jobs that free trade is constantly creating.