Ford Announcment

fordjoc

Ford Motor Company will release its 2005 financial results and discuss plans for the future, including details of the North American "Way Forward" plan on Monday, Jan. 23.

The announcements are important for employees everywhere around the globe, as we reflect on our successes of the past year and look ahead to the challenges we face and the plans we are putting in place for the future.

In our commitment to communicate first with our employees, I invite you to join me to hear the announcements about our future live on Monday from 10:15 to 11:45 a.m. EST U.S. (16:15 Germany, 22:15 p.m. China) on FCN TV or via a webcast within Ford at . You also can listen to the event via telephone at (Ford Dial-Net) 59-40000.

The event will be rebroadcast on FCN TV throughout the day on Monday and Tuesday and available via "video on demand" on the web for later viewing through close of business Friday, Jan. 27.

It is a critically important that all of the men and women of Ford Motor Company around the world hear, understand and support our plans for the future. Please make it a priority to join me at this pivotal time in our company's history.

To add this webcast to your Outlook calendar, Click Here.

What a crock. This "Way Backwards" annoucnement is in my opinion, simply window dressing that is desinged to mask this management team's incompetence and appease analysts. Jr. said that is plan is not going to shrink the company into oblivion, but as Monday approaches, it appears that this plan is nothing but. Let's see, since Jr. came on board, will have eliminated 40 percent of the assembly plants (with the exception of doubling assembly capacity in Mexico) and about a third of the jobs.

In this article http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/business/13678863.htm James Padilla said that this restructuring is going to focus more on product as opposed the 2002 restructuring. Excuse me, but 2002 was not that long ago, and correct me if I am wrong but wasn't product equally important back then? Why was it not addressed back then? What is being said to make us think that things will be better now. Face it, there is nothing that is in development now that has not been in the pipeline two and tree years ago. What about the Mercury Messenger? The Mark X? The Bronco?

I also like the blurb "In our commitment to communicate first with our employees, I invite you to join me to hear the announcements about our future live on Monday from 10:15 to 11:45 a.m. EST U.S" Is this why we are hearing these reports through the media every day?

I think Mark Fields said it right that it is now the "Big Six" automakers, beacasue Ford seems content on competing with Nissan and Honda for that sixth position. Only problem is with all these new layoffs loading the retirement ranks Ford may not have the revenue to support its legacy costs.

I feel this management team has been asleep at the wheel for the last five years. As someone who loves Ford Motor Company this is deplorable. You would think that a CEO that inherited the family business his great granddaddy had and has his name on every building in the company would have more pride- and be more of a man- to do things right.

And all of this has been orchestrated and sanctioned by the International. Their politics have trickled back into the plants and infected everyone. Plants are divided into political factions each with their own agenda. No one seems to go into it for the right reasons anymore. Does anyone vie for a leadership role purely to make things a better place and ensure job security so that people can reach retirement? We pay for them each month in the form of our union dues and what do we have to show for it? Furthermore, has anyone bothered to look at their Letters of Understanding? Page 115. There is a Letter there on a Moratorium on Plant Closings/Sales. It exempts identified plants. These plants were identified on Page 14U of the Unpublished Letters. Now our contract is in effect until September of 2007. The Company taking this position and any action that might arise would be, in effect, taking unilateral action which constitutes an unfair labor practice. Given that we have a bilateral agreement, meaning that there are two parties (UAW/Ford), they cannot take action on something that would violate the agreement unless both parties agreed to it. So what is the UAW doing? Fiddling while Rome burns! You may equate Nero with Ron Gettelfinger.

This is page 14U (for everyone's information):

Dear Mr. Bantom,

Subject: Plant Closings and Sale Moratorium Exceptions

During the term of the 2003 Agreement, Ford Motor Company may consider, as exceptions to the Plant Closing and Sale Moratorium letter of understanding: Edison Assembly Plant, Vulcan Forge Plant, Cleveland Aluminum Casting Plant, and Lorain Assembly Plant.

In addition, Woodhaven Forging Plant may be considered for sale or close during the term of this Agreement by mutual agreement of the parties.

Very truly yours,

Rick E. Poynter, Director US Union Affairs

Now here is the letter on page 115 of the Letters of Understanding:

Plant Closing and Sale Moratorium

September 15,2003

Dear Mr. Bantom,

Subject: Plant Closing and Sale Moratorium

During the 2003 bargaining, on many occasions, the Union expressed deep concern about the viability of plants and parts distribution centers covered by the Ford-UAW Collective Bargaining Agreement. This will confirm that during the term of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, which expires on September 14, 2007, the Company will not close, nor partially or wholly sell, spin off, split off, consolidate, or otherwise dispose of in any form, beyond those which have already been identified, any plant, asset or business unit of any type, consituting a bargaining unit under the Agreement.

In making this commitment, it is understood that conditions may arise that are beyond the control of the Company, e.g., an Act of God, and could make compliance with this commitment impossible. Should such conditions occur, the Company will review both the conditions and their impact on a particular location with the Union and consistent with our past practice, the Company will attempt to redeploy employees to other locations and, if necessary, utilize the "special programs" identified in Appendix M of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Very truly yours,

Rick E. Poynter

So whatever happens, do not be fooled! The Union absolutely was in on it!

And all of this has been orchestrated and sanctioned by the International. Their politics have trickled back into the plants and infected everyone. Plants are divided into political factions each with their own agenda. No one seems to go into it for the right reasons anymore. Does anyone vie for a leadership role purely to make things a better place and ensure job security so that people can reach retirement? We pay for them each month in the form of our union dues and what do we have to show for it? Furthermore, has anyone bothered to look at their Letters of Understanding? Page 115. There is a Letter there on a Moratorium on Plant Closings/Sales. It exempts identified plants. These plants were identified on Page 14U of the Unpublished Letters. Now our contract is in effect until September of 2007. The Company taking this position and any action that might arise would be, in effect, taking unilateral action which constitutes an unfair labor practice. Given that we have a bilateral agreement, meaning that there are two parties (UAW/Ford), they cannot take action on something that would violate the agreement unless both parties agreed to it. So what is the UAW doing? Fiddling while Rome burns! You may equate Nero with Ron Gettelfinger.

This is page 14U (for everyone's information):

Dear Mr. Bantom,

Subject: Plant Closings and Sale Moratorium Exceptions

During the term of the 2003 Agreement, Ford Motor Company may consider, as exceptions to the Plant Closing and Sale Moratorium letter of understanding: Edison Assembly Plant, Vulcan Forge Plant, Cleveland Aluminum Casting Plant, and Lorain Assembly Plant.

In addition, Woodhaven Forging Plant may be considered for sale or close during the term of this Agreement by mutual agreement of the parties.

Very truly yours,

Rick E. Poynter, Director US Union Affairs

Now here is the letter on page 115 of the Letters of Understanding:

Plant Closing and Sale Moratorium

September 15,2003

Dear Mr. Bantom,

Subject: Plant Closing and Sale Moratorium

During the 2003 bargaining, on many occasions, the Union expressed deep concern about the viability of plants and parts distribution centers covered by the Ford-UAW Collective Bargaining Agreement. This will confirm that during the term of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, which expires on September 14, 2007, the Company will not close, nor partially or wholly sell, spin off, split off, consolidate, or otherwise dispose of in any form, beyond those which have already been identified, any plant, asset or business unit of any type, consituting a bargaining unit under the Agreement.

In making this commitment, it is understood that conditions may arise that are beyond the control of the Company, e.g., an Act of God, and could make compliance with this commitment impossible. Should such conditions occur, the Company will review both the conditions and their impact on a particular location with the Union and consistent with our past practice, the Company will attempt to redeploy employees to other locations and, if necessary, utilize the "special programs" identified in Appendix M of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Very truly yours,

Rick E. Poynter

So whatever happens, do not be fooled! The Union absolutely was in on it!

I hear you brohter. Under Steve Yochich, he made it clear that for every action the company took, there would be an equal and opposite reaction. Yochich would not be afraid to use the tool of the strike to get his point accross. I do not advociate a work stoppage, but then again I think it is grossly irresponsible for Ford to double the capcity in Mexico, yet cry they have too much capacity in the US and Canada. At least when the UAW struch GM at the time, GM conceded and agreed to give some work back to the plants. I have a hard time believing that Mr. Gettelfinger does not know which plants will close on Monday, and with the health care concession fiasco you do wonder what side he's on.

I hear you brohter. Under Steve Yochich, he made it clear that for every action the company took, there would be an equal and opposite reaction. Yochich would not be afraid to use the tool of the strike to get his point accross. I do not advociate a work stoppage, but then again I think it is grossly irresponsible for Ford to double the capcity in Mexico, yet cry they have too much capacity in the US and Canada. At least when the UAW struch GM at the time, GM conceded and agreed to give some work back to the plants. I have a hard time believing that Mr. Gettelfinger does not know which plants will close on Monday, and with the health care concession fiasco you do wonder what side he's on.

No plants will close before the expiration of the current contract in late 2007 at the EARILEST.

Seems like the only thing important to you guy's is your jobs. Ever hear of global warming?

What do you think ppl. will think about us auto workers 70 years from now?

Get out of the industry while you can, Ford will not go green anytime soon, quit destroying the planet.

We don't inherit the planet from our ancestors, we borrow it from our granchildren.

Seems like the only thing important to you guy's is your jobs. Ever hear of global warming?

Get out of the industry while you can, Ford will not go green anytime soon, quit destroying the planet.

We don't inherit the planet from our ancestors, we borrow it from our granchildren.

<_< Get back to your tree.

My tree is dead because Ford released over 400 million tons of carbon dioxide from it's cars and it's facilities last year.

I thought Americans were a careing nation?

Maybe you should save the planet by hanging yourself. How much carbon dioxide does a shitbag like yourself produce in a year?

How much carbon dioxide and other chemicals do the factories that produce the computer that you are posting on produce in a year, especially when there are not the environmental legislation in those countries as there is in the US?

My tree is dead because Ford released over 400 million tons of carbon dioxide from it's cars and it's facilities last year.

Maybe you should save the planet by hanging yourself. How much carbon dioxide does a shitbag like yourself produce in a year?

How much carbon dioxide and other chemicals do the factories that produce the computer that you are posting on produce in a year, especially when there are not the environmental legislation in those countries as there is in the US?

I'm gunna guess that he doesn't think much of Canadians now either. :D

Um...sorry, but all Yokich did was a bunch of ad-hoc sabre rattling over GM's plans to whack 45,000 jobs. He and the rest of the International just sat and watched while GM had the whipsawing machine working overtime on the Locals that were labelled as "possible closings". Yokich was no better than the rest of the sellouts we've had since Fraser became a turncoat. Mr. Pull-my-finger is no different... ;)

Edited by sunoco260

I'm all for global warming. Why should Florida get all the good weather.

Cold winter killed my tree. Does that make the trees death ok? Why dont you care about trees that die from natural causes..

When your tree died, did you plant another tree to replace it?

Want a new tree? Stick a seed up your ass and have a seat.

I only hope your incapable of reproducing.