'08 Cadillac STS

JM.

WHo ever was in charge of ths MCE needs to be put into early retirement. This is seriously a joke. Whe nthe New CTS comes out this may not even push 1k a month. The interior is god aweful and the fact that we won't get that awesome STS interior pictured in Business Week that was off the Chinese SLS is simply stupiud on GM's half. This looks like a cheap chinese knock off chery would do copying the new CTS, but hey with the cinese atleast it would have a good interior. GM as been a dissapointment at NYIAS.

I'll reserve full judgement until seeing in person, but this looks very disappointing, especially after seeing the new CTS.

Alot of car companies carry over design cues from other models, so I think that it looks good as an upsized slightly different version of the CTS. The thing that really made the CTS pop was the paint job IMO.

I mean it's not terrible, just disappointing. IMO the current STS is a very nice car (except the interior), and I'm sure this will be too, it just doesn't seem like much effort was put into it.

The CTS at the Dallas auto show, and of course the MKR.

Edited by JM.

I always liked the exterior of the STS after the Art and Science update. It looks sharp and stands out when compared to some of the more rounded vehicles in its class.

From my understanding it is getting the upgraded V6 with close to 300 hp, so that's bonus. Downside? The chintzy interior. I was bumming around the Cadillac dealer while I was cross shopping cars to replace the RX-8, and the interior of the STS struck me as very cheap and unimaginative. In some trim levels the car isn't a bad buy for the money, but as much as those vehicles cost you would think GM would have been able to do away with that slab of grey plastic in the center stack. It has no place in a car with a window sticker north of $40K.