Seriously considering buying a 2007 MKZ.

AdmiralViscen

Alright, just a few questions:

-Is it possible to get the Sand interior with the Alloy exterior?

-What sort of discounts and markdowns should I be able to recieve?

I want the following:

-FWD

-Navigation and THX

-Satellite Radio

-HID headlamps

-Chrome wheels

How much should I expect to pay?

I live in New York.

Thanks a lot!

Yes. I've found no dealers in my area stocking the color combo I want, so I was wondering if they came that way in the first place. Automakers have plenty of arbitrary option requirements that aren't put in plain sight.

And Ford sure as hell isn't going to tell me the cheapest way to get one of their cars.

It looks like Alloy and Sand can be mixed -- try http://www.lincoln.com/configurator/BuildA...iceSummary.aspx

The base price will be around $30,000 not including taxes. Add $500 for the HID headlights. Add $2,500 for the Navigation/DVD system. Add $200 for Satellite Radio. Add $1,000 for the THX. Add $900 for the chrome wheels.

An X-Plan PIN, which you can get from someone here on this forum, can knock that down by at least $1,000.

Lincoln is having a Signature Event so prices may be discounted further.

Edited by Roadrunner

It looks like Alloy and Sand can be mixed -- try http://www.lincoln.com/configurator/BuildA...iceSummary.aspx

The base price will be around $30,000 not including taxes. Add $500 for the HID headlights. Add $2,500 for the Navigation/DVD system. Add $200 for Satellite Radio. Add $1,000 for the THX. Add $900 for the chrome wheels.

An X-Plan PIN, which you can get from someone here on this forum, can knock that down by at least $1,000.

Lincoln is having a Signature Event so prices may be discounted further.

Every single Alloy MKZ in my area is AWD... hmph.

I already built a car, so I know what the MSRP is for all that stuff. The car I want is priced at $34,030. I'd like to know exactly how much can be knocked off these vehicles at the dealership. Is there a lot of room to bargain on price, like other domestic vehicles?

I will probably jump on the Signature Event. Can I make a down payment and still qualify? Can this incentive be combined with it?

http://www.lincolnvehicles.com/shoptools/i...er=&pacode=

How long does it take for a custom-ordered vehicle to be made available?

How would I go about getting an X-Plan PIN from someone? That'd be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by AdmiralViscen

Every single Alloy MKZ in my area is AWD... hmph.

I already built a car, so I know what the MSRP is for all that stuff. The car I want is priced at $34,030. I'd like to know exactly how much can be knocked off these vehicles at the dealership. Is there a lot of room to bargain on price, like other domestic vehicles?

I will probably jump on the Signature Event. Can I make a down payment and still qualify? Can this incentive be combined with it?

http://www.lincolnvehicles.com/shoptools/i...er=&pacode=

How long does it take for a custom-ordered vehicle to be made available?

How would I go about getting an X-Plan PIN from someone? That'd be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Dude... call your freakin' dealer and ask them all this! Christ...

At least do some actual research on your own. Do you have to be spoonfed all this information? Show some initiative, please!

http://www.lincolnvehicles.com

http://www.edmunds.com

Is there a thread somewhere detailing how the process of doing a custom order works?

No but it's really simple.

Tell dealer which options and colors you want.

Negotiate price.

Sign buyers order.

Leave a deposit (sometimes optional).

Wait 3-8 weeks.

Sign papers, pay for the car and drive home.

Dude... call your freakin' dealer and ask them all this! Christ...

At least do some actual research on your own. Do you have to be spoonfed all this information? Show some initiative, please!

http://www.lincolnvehicles.com

http://www.edmunds.com

I came here with all the options I wanted, and knowing the MSRP on them, and knowing about the incentives and special offers available on Lincoln's site. And after having searched dealer inventory for the color match I wanted.

My question is if there is anything I should know that Lincoln doesn't tell me on their site. Like the X-Plan, and how much a dealer will typically come down on price, information which they obviously aren't going to offer me freely.

Your post is useless.

Edited by AdmiralViscen

I came here with all the options I wanted, and knowing the MSRP on them, and knowing about the incentives and special offers available on Lincoln's site. And after having searched dealer inventory for the color match I wanted.

My question is if there is anything I should know that Lincoln doesn't tell me on their site. Like the X-Plan, and how much a dealer will typically come down on price, information which they obviously aren't going to offer me freely.

Your post is useless.

:hysterical::hysterical:

Unless you belong to our "Secret Ford Club", we can not show you that information.

You can join the club by sending this forum site $50.00. After you join, you will be provided all of the information you seek.

.... :hysterical: :happy feet:

Or you can do what Meelaan wrote.

Edited by mettech

Go to edmunds.com or kbb.com and get the dealer invoice price. This isn't exactly the same as the actual dealer invoice but it's close. Lincoln X plan is approximately $250 over dealer invoice. Non X plan price should be anywhere from $500 over invoice to $1500 over invoice depending on how many MKZs the dealer has and how fast they're selling. With X plan you don't pay a documentation fee which usually adds another $300-$400 to the non X plan price. Then subtract any applicable incentives.

If you find one similar to what you want (color doesn't matter unless it's an extra cost option) in stock at a dealer on forddirect.com send me the last 5 of the VIN, the dealers name and zip code and I can get you the exact X plan price.

Go to edmunds.com or kbb.com and get the dealer invoice price. This isn't exactly the same as the actual dealer invoice but it's close. Lincoln X plan is approximately $250 over dealer invoice. Non X plan price should be anywhere from $500 over invoice to $1500 over invoice depending on how many MKZs the dealer has and how fast they're selling. With X plan you don't pay a documentation fee which usually adds another $300-$400 to the non X plan price. Then subtract any applicable incentives.

If you find one similar to what you want (color doesn't matter unless it's an extra cost option) in stock at a dealer on forddirect.com send me the last 5 of the VIN, the dealers name and zip code and I can get you the exact X plan price.

Thanks for the info.

Would you also be able to get me the X-plan discount, or only tell me the price? I'll PM you with the info.

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, just a few questions:

-Is it possible to get the Sand interior with the Alloy exterior?

-What sort of discounts and markdowns should I be able to recieve?

I want the following:

-FWD

-Navigation and THX

-Satellite Radio

-HID headlamps

-Chrome wheels

How much should I expect to pay?

I live in New York.

Thanks a lot!

Hi AdmiralViscen. :D Hopefully me and my calculator were accurate, so here goes!

A 2007 MKZ, optioned out as you listed, has an MSRP of $34,030. According to Edmunds, the invoice price for that same MKZ is approximately $31,217. I am not sure where in NY you live, but in my area of NJ, there is currently a $1,000 cash rebate (rebates vary by area).

So, if we assume that you don't/can't acquire an X-Plan PIN that other members have mentioned, your low point to start negotiating would be a number north of $30,217 (Invoice minus rebate), and your high point would be a number south of $33,030 (MSRP minus rebate). I am sure you know this already, but always start your negotiations from your low point. Also, remember that the rebate in your area may vary, so check the Ford website for pricing and rebate info.

In other words, according to your negotiating skills, you could pay as little as approximately $30,500, to a high of $33,030 or more (let's hope you are a better negotiator than that)! :hysterical: Also, these figures do not include fees, tax, title, etc.

I have an MKZ, and can tell you it is a beautiful car. I would highly recommend it to you.

Best of luck in your shopping! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530