Evidence of sales momentum?

roush235

We picked up our new MKX last Tuesday. The night before I saw a new Edge in our subdivision. Later in the week, within five miles of home, I saw three Edges, all Light Sage, two of which had temporary tags. None of the mega dealers here in Houston seem to have a large inventory.

When I was out test driving cars this past weekend the Ford dealer only had about 10 Edges in stock. They are a huge dealer too. Even more shocking: They only had FIVE Fusions.

I was too busy drooling over the Parnelli Jones Saleen in the showroom to notice much else though. :wub:

I've been seeing them around the SF Bay Area. Only a couple here and there, but I think I saw maybe two or three non-rental Fusions until probably May last year. That's big. Toyota outsells Ford and GM combined here, so if a Ford vehicle can catch on in the Bay Area, you know it can be successful nationwide. Same thing with the Fusion. I saw a few here and there around the area until about September last year when I started seeing a couple a week and now I see them everywhere.

The best part is in SF they had an Edge out in front of S&C for a few days and the number of double takes I saw was a great sign. Hopefully the quality ratings come out positive on it to draw more people in.

On my Saturday bike ride last weekend, I saw one each, Edge and MKX. It's funny, I have this instant reaction of "ooh nice car", before I even realize what it is.

lots of edges and good number of MKX in western wayne county in Michigan, but this is Ford country. Took a trip to Eastern Kentucky over Easter and I think I only seen one over a 4 day period. Sales numbers do look good for the Edge.

I've now seen about 15 MKX's and 10-12 Edge's here in the L.A. area..

I'm surprised at how many MKX's I've seen..

It's L.A. Everybody jumps on the latest-and-greatest bandwagon. Not too surprising. Luxury cars have been the last part of Detroit to hang on in liberal-progressive areas like Commiefornia.

Edited by NickF1011

They keep showing up in bunches in the Toronto Area - which includes Oakville - hometown for the Edge/MKX - I think its the best showing I have seen of a new vehicle - its getting obvious response and people are taking to it quick.

Give me 3-4 days.. and my Edge will join them..

I guess you would consider my sale a conquest - as I am selling my Toyota Solara -

It's L.A. Everybody jumps on the latest-and-greatest bandwagon. Not too surprising. Luxury cars have been the last part of Detroit to hang on in liberal-progressive areas like Commiefornia.

Hah as long as it keeps out the assholes, I don't care what you think of California.

By the way, we have scary earthquakes, drought for 5 years, mudslides on the 6th year, million acre wildfires inbetween, smog that melts your lungs, and roving gangs of illegal immigrants that will rape your daughters and steal the emblems off your car. Stay out!

/heading to bonfire BBQ at the beach, to drink beer with friends

Hah as long as it keeps out the assholes, I don't care what you think of California.

By the way, we have scary earthquakes, drought for 5 years, mudslides on the 6th year, million acre wildfires inbetween, smog that melts your lungs, and roving gangs of illegal immigrants that will rape your daughters and steal the emblems off your car. Stay out!

/heading to bonfire BBQ at the beach, to drink beer with friends

Don't worry. You won't have to worry about me moving there anytime soon. I have to deal with enough liberals in Maryland.

I never realized you were like this... I guess we'll call Maryland "Fascistland" then..

:finger:

I could start naming what's right with them. It would be a much shorter list.

Because you're poorly informed, just because propagandists like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Ann KKKoulter, and Karl Rove say so doesn't make it true.

Tell me what's wrong with them, maybe helping the poor is a "bad thing" according to the eright wing "christians" (In name only).

Because you're poorly informed, just because propagandists like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Ann KKKoulter, and Karl Rove say so doesn't make it true.

Tell me what's wrong with them, maybe helping the poor is a "bad thing" according to the eright wing "christians" (In name only).

Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, and Karl Rove are all tools too. Just because I hate left-wing democrats doesn't mean I'm a right-wing republican.

What's wrong with democrats? Hmm. Okay. They love social programs. Medicare. Social security. Medicaid. Student financial aid. Prescription drug plans. How do they pay for all these? Taxes. If we weren't taxed out the ass, maybe we wouldn't need so much help paying for everything from the government. Smaller the federal government the better. Right wing conservatives are certainly no better. Bible-thumping, pro-life, gung-ho-let's-go-blow-up-anyone-who-doesn't-agree-with-what-I-do....it's no better.

How fast we change the topic from The Edge and MKX to a battle over democrats and republicans....

I have seen quite a lot of Edges in my area (Upstate NY) and a buddy of mine just got his Edge SE in black and raves about it.

Edited by twintornados

How fast we change the topic from The Edge and MKX to a battle over democrats and republicans....

I have seen quite a lot of Edges in my area (Upstate NY) and a buddy of mine just got his Edge SE in black and raves about it.

The joys of Internet forums. :hysterical:

I've seen quite a few Edges and MKX's. More noticably, I see a LOT of Fusions. I'm surprised by how few are rentals. I work near BWI airport, so whatever the hot rental cars are, I see a lot of. Surprisingly very few of the Fusions I see are rentals. Good sign.