Super Duty Voice of Customer

See here -

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/608527-i...d-for-ford.html

An excerpt...

#1 a slip joint that is greasable on the rear driveshaft

#2 an option for on board compressed air

#3 an option for ARB air lockers

#4 better headlights with a leveling design that corrects for heavy loads - better focusing on the road ahead (steal design from BMW - their lights light the road a long way and their daytime/foglamps are a cool looking ring around the projector beam)

#5 greaseable u-joints on every u-joint, greaseable ball joints, and longer lasting front bearings

#6 A center console similar to the F150

#7 Optional air ride assist to the front and rear suspension

#8 Rack and pinion steering (see freightliner's new steering)

#9 Optional 36 valve 8.2L Modular V12 based off of the 5.4/6.8 with variable valve timing and intake runner length

#10 VVT V10 or Turbo V10

#11 8.0L sequential turbo Ford designed and built diesel with 375 hp and 850 ft lbs - Caterpillar is overrated!

#12 Modes for 6 spd transmission: Normal, Tow/Haul, Manual, and Sport

(In manual mode the driver controls the shifts with either the center console gear selector - bumping it up or down or controls shifts via paddles/buttons on the steering wheel) paddles get hard to use in aggressive driving manuvers though.)

#13 LED taillights, reverse lights, side markers, front signals, etc

#14 dim red LED lights in interior that are driver controlled for map reading etc

See here -

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/608527-i...d-for-ford.html

An excerpt...

#1 a slip joint that is greasable on the rear driveshaft

#2 an option for on board compressed air

#3 an option for ARB air lockers

#4 better headlights with a leveling design that corrects for heavy loads - better focusing on the road ahead (steal design from BMW - their lights light the road a long way and their daytime/foglamps are a cool looking ring around the projector beam)

#5 greaseable u-joints on every u-joint, greaseable ball joints, and longer lasting front bearings

#6 A center console similar to the F150

#7 Optional air ride assist to the front and rear suspension

#8 Rack and pinion steering (see freightliner's new steering)

#9 Optional 36 valve 8.2L Modular V12 based off of the 5.4/6.8 with variable valve timing and intake runner length

#10 VVT V10 or Turbo V10

#11 8.0L sequential turbo Ford designed and built diesel with 375 hp and 850 ft lbs - Caterpillar is overrated!

#12 Modes for 6 spd transmission: Normal, Tow/Haul, Manual, and Sport

(In manual mode the driver controls the shifts with either the center console gear selector - bumping it up or down or controls shifts via paddles/buttons on the steering wheel) paddles get hard to use in aggressive driving manuvers though.)

#13 LED taillights, reverse lights, side markers, front signals, etc

#14 dim red LED lights in interior that are driver controlled for map reading etc

and keep it under 70k...............

that onboard air compressor is a good idea. i've been thinking about throwing that idea out for some time but never got around to it. i do agree though that it would be very hard to get all those things together and keep the truck affordable, although $55K for a current super duty is not quite what i mean by affordable.

Edited by fordmatt21

an 8L gas engine?

Wow. What's that good for? 6mpg? maybe 8 tops?

:hysterical: I don't know why, but your post made laugh this morning. I don't think you were trying to be funny, but I just pictured someone buying an 8.2L V-12 engine with current fuel prices. I think that would be the new definition of a gas guzzler. Just the publicity that Ford needs right now. They couldn't give them away and I think you would be lucky to get 6-8 MPG on a good day. Too funny!

Edited by 2005Explorer