What the fuck is up @ MTP?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Location, location, location. Think about how far away LAP is from Michigan, think about the value of the property around LAP, think about the fact that a plant, MTP, is sitting 20 minutes from Dearborn, with practically limitless potential for expansion..and you'll see that LAP is doomed. Just like SLAP was, just like Edison, just like NAP...unless gas drops to $1 a gallon and consumers stop believing in the myth of Toyota, Ford will need to consolidate it's truck capacity even more. It isn't about the PEOPLE at LAP or MTP, it's about the facility, and the financial sense of keeping the facility open.

The reason I'm at DTP and not in GEN or laid off, isn't because Ford likes me..it's because they could ship me there without having to pay for relocation. There aren't many benefits to living in Michigan these days, but that is one.

ok to all you lap haters , you are sadly mistaken about the future of lap, which plant is on one shift , which plant is already a slow line speed, that would be mtp not lap, there things in the future for lap, you seem to forget that lap is close to ktp and basically uses the same vendors, lap is still two shifts , plus no line speed reduction till july shutdown , then will still be on two shifts , not one, and with this line speed reduction we will still have higher out put than many other facilities, plus thr state of kentucky is giving ford millions and millons of money , what is michigan doing , nothing cause the state is broke and dying , sometimes you just need to wake up and see reality for what it is. when the announcements come out you all will be shown the light.

Emigh, he's just as interested in my work. I'm a LPN & work at the school that 2 of our kids with Autism attend. I don't have to live vicariously through anyone, I have MORE than enough on my own plate. Even if I stayed at home, ya think havin 2 kids with special needs is enough to fill my day? To be honest though, he's interested in my work but can't handle hearing how hard some of the kids with severe Autism have it. It can be heartbreaking..

There is also autism in our family. You do your fair share. I know.

Edited by Trimdingman

Noboby is in a safe plant.Noboby on here has a clue what is going where.Lap,Mtp,Dtp.it dont matter people spin things in favor of there plant to hold on to some hope I guess its normal.

You are wasting your time trying to convince the folks that read this forum, that no plants are safe anymore. Ford do not have to close me down twice, they have made a believer out of me. Ford can make an announcement on any given day of the week and it would be no surprise to me.

ok to all you lap haters , you are sadly mistaken about the future of lap, which plant is on one shift , which plant is already a slow line speed, that would be mtp not lap, there things in the future for lap, you seem to forget that lap is close to ktp and basically uses the same vendors, lap is still two shifts , plus no line speed reduction till july shutdown , then will still be on two shifts , not one, and with this line speed reduction we will still have higher out put than many other facilities, plus thr state of kentucky is giving ford millions and millons of money , what is michigan doing , nothing cause the state is broke and dying , sometimes you just need to wake up and see reality for what it is. when the announcements come out you all will be shown the light.

OK! Here is the latest about MTP. At WAP the word is out that MTP cannot run as it is. It is asking 25 or more formerMTP employees leave WAP to go back and work there. If they go back, they will be at the very bottom seniority wise and have shit jobs. . I guess they just can't run wthout the "workers".

First of all MTP wife.... your husband can only bump to wap or isa.... not DTP... so those options are closed......next the explorer moving to sorry but no way explorer in 2009 will be on a unibody not a full frame and what most dont understand that even though MTP has a flexible bodyshop the main plant can only build full frame vehicles....will take 1 billion to change that...........next 4.00 per gallon the plant is the best place to work but it is time to come to the realization that unless gas problems change that plant is done ********beware of kansas city .... they want your vehicle!!!!!!!!!so have a great weekend

Explorer will go to KC and the f150 to MTP, this would save more $$$$$. Or vice versa KC closes and Escape goes to LAP.

LAP is built next to the airport, which is a major UPS hub. UPS wants to expand. MTP is a state of the art plant, with a brand new body planT ( not shop, shops are in the same building as the rest of the areas) A state of the art paint plant ( again note the word plant ) And has the land and resources to expand! How many of you new that MTP was really the old LTD station wagon plant for wayne assembly? Yes there are tunnels that run between the two. Too Much money invested in the 2 plants to shut them down. As for the 150, The plant manager at DTP has told us " Before DTP looses the 3rd shift, they will ELIMINATE A SHIFT AT KANSAS CITY OR SHUT IT DOWN." As for now the expedition/navigator can not be built at DTP........The paint oven elevators are not big enough. Sure that can be easily fixed with a few million dollars, but for now? no the expedition is safe at MTP. Hey fellas personally I hope these engineers get it right, all the current vehicles we build take off, and we all have a profitible time at are plants to the day we all retire!!! No ill will towards anybody, I hope we all make it!

Nice..what are you, 12? "Haters"? I thought this was BlueOvalForums, not Jerry Springer. Did you even bother to read what you quoted? It isn't about the PEOPLE..Ford doesn't give a damn whether any of us live or die, in fact they want us all to leave so they can hire cheap non union labor to replace us. It's about the reality of Ford's market position, and the fact that they will need to further consolidate their truck production capacity. Ford doesn't need MTP AND LAP. One or the other will do...and one is right down the road from the glass house, with nothing around it to hinder expansion. LAP running 2 shifts to build the Explorer, and MTP running one, is irrelevant to the FUTURE..they're just running out the lifecycles of the current products.

Nice..what are you, 12? "Haters"? I thought this was BlueOvalForums, not Jerry Springer. Did you even bother to read what you quoted? It isn't about the PEOPLE..Ford doesn't give a damn whether any of us live or die, in fact they want us all to leave so they can hire cheap non union labor to replace us. It's about the reality of Ford's market position, and the fact that they will need to further consolidate their truck production capacity. Ford doesn't need MTP AND LAP. One or the other will do...and one is right down the road from the glass house, with nothing around it to hinder expansion. LAP running 2 shifts to build the Explorer, and MTP running one, is irrelevant to the FUTURE..they're just running out the lifecycles of the current products.

No , but thanks for asking my age, what are you lonely old man looking for kids like michael jackson,sorry you asked for it .Yes i did read what i write , I never said it was about the employees, you just assume this and you know what that means. You are correct on one thing ford will do what and when they want.Who cares about the glass house being down the road, as you stated ford doesn't show lolalty.You are correct that they only need one suv plant.You want to talk consolidation, Try this on for size , navigator and expedition to ktp, and you have nothing by, by mtp.You all from detroit on this site already said the workers at mtp can't handle the workload so they need new people.That is pretty sad how slow is your plant , exactly, the way i heard it mtp is one of the worst plants in ford's system, overall , production, quality, safety and that you are lucky to still be open, do you actually think ford is going to spend money just upgrade your facilties, no they want it coming . from the states and as i said michigan is doing nothing for ford, hell the only place with continuing rising unemploment rates is mich,

since 2000, detroit has lost over 120,000 jobs. yes we are just about to start with 08, plus 09 next year,remember mtp is one step away from closing, they are alrady one shift, slow line speeds and 4 dollar a gallon, I think you need to pull your head out of the sand , and see what is actually happening, this has nothing to do with employees and I don't want to see anyone lose their jobs, but reality is what is .

No , but thanks for asking my age, what are you lonely old man looking for kids like michael jackson,sorry you asked for it .Yes i did read what i write , I never said it was about the employees, you just assume this and you know what that means. You are correct on one thing ford will do what and when they want.Who cares about the glass house being down the road, as you stated ford doesn't show lolalty.You are correct that they only need one suv plant.You want to talk consolidation, Try this on for size , navigator and expedition to ktp, and you have nothing by, by mtp.You all from detroit on this site already said the workers at mtp can't handle the workload so they need new people.That is pretty sad how slow is your plant , exactly, the way i heard it mtp is one of the worst plants in ford's system, overall , production, quality, safety and that you are lucky to still be open, do you actually think ford is going to spend money just upgrade your facilties, no they want it coming . from the states and as i said michigan is doing nothing for ford, hell the only place with continuing rising unemploment rates is mich,

since 2000, detroit has lost over 120,000 jobs. yes we are just about to start with 08, plus 09 next year,remember mtp is one step away from closing, they are alrady one shift, slow line speeds and 4 dollar a gallon, I think you need to pull your head out of the sand , and see what is actually happening, this has nothing to do with employees and I don't want to see anyone lose their jobs, but reality is what is .

Hay zj3, please don't talk about the line speed to loud, after working at NAP, I love the line speed at DTP. I don't Feel beat down when I leave work, that's a plus. Don't like a lot of things that are going on in this plant but the line speed is great.

there is no need for people from different plants to start bashing each other. everybody is feeling stressed over all of this.

there is no need for people from different plants to start bashing each other. everybody is feeling stressed over all of this.

Yes I agree ,and I am apoligizing to hellcat and all other mtp personnel or any other employee who took offense

to my statements, I never intended to bash any plant or people, just merely responding , to everyone who seems to think lap is closing, I don't know for sure either does anyone else,but when someone attacks me i will defend my self, but clearer heads have prevailed and I should not have responded to hellcats comment.I hope every plant can stay open and we all get fat and rich , just as the ceo's are . good luck to all.

Yes I agree ,and I am apoligizing to hellcat and all other mtp personnel or any other employee who took offense

to my statements, I never intended to bash any plant or people, just merely responding , to everyone who seems to think lap is closing, I don't know for sure either does anyone else,but when someone attacks me i will defend my self, but clearer heads have prevailed and I should not have responded to hellcats comment.I hope every plant can stay open and we all get fat and rich , just as the ceo's are . good luck to all.

It's not that we can't handle it. The company cut us to short. We have 1109 people on the senority list. All utilities on jobs, no go homes. They need to cover personals, medicals and attendance. Were still running around 470 units a day.So they need to bring more people back in. Heard we also had more buyouts sign up. Thanks for the apology though.

It's not that we can't handle it. The company cut us to short. We have 1109 people on the senority list. All utilities on jobs, no go homes. They need to cover personals, medicals and attendance. Were still running around 470 units a day.So they need to bring more people back in. Heard we also had more buyouts sign up. Thanks for the apology though.

Sorry for the sarcasim but.....

Gosh Wally what are we ever going to do the Utilities have to WORK. Aren't they supposed too?

You won't get more people just to cover 'G Code' As for personals, and LEGITIMATE medicals well that actually does suck. Attendance fire the lazy bastards for not coming in, enforce the contract.

Trimdingman, my dad worked at MTP my whole life, he just retired 2 years ago, my big brother worked at MTP, he just took the buyout & my hubby has been working at MTP for 13 years, dad got him in. MTP has been a source of security for me my whole life, I have many life long friends & unofficial uncles that work or have worked there. I care about the place & the people who work there. I want to know what my hubby does on the line, I've spent my whole life hearing about the goings on in MTP so when he comes home, he can talk to me about the plant because I'm not totally clueless about the goings on at MTP. We're creeping up on our 18th year anniversary, my whole adult life & share just about everything. There's no his, or mine, it's ours. In other words, I care about MTP, the people who work there & especially my hubby. :)

all the best to you & yours...

International coffee moment.

LAP is built next to the airport, which is a major UPS hub. UPS wants to expand. MTP is a state of the art plant, with a brand new body planT ( not shop, shops are in the same building as the rest of the areas) A state of the art paint plant ( again note the word plant ) And has the land and resources to expand! How many of you new that MTP was really the old LTD station wagon plant for wayne assembly? Yes there are tunnels that run between the two. Too Much money invested in the 2 plants to shut them down. As for the 150, The plant manager at DTP has told us " Before DTP looses the 3rd shift, they will ELIMINATE A SHIFT AT KANSAS CITY OR SHUT IT DOWN." As for now the expedition/navigator can not be built at DTP........The paint oven elevators are not big enough. Sure that can be easily fixed with a few million dollars, but for now? no the expedition is safe at MTP. Hey fellas personally I hope these engineers get it right, all the current vehicles we build take off, and we all have a profitible time at are plants to the day we all retire!!! No ill will towards anybody, I hope we all make it!
Do you know what is in those tunnels? An old Millwright in a cowboy hat and spurs. No they are the old paint tubes on the roof and they have a whole Bronco body inside in perfect shape. I wish we worked for dodge then i could have said HEMI. See you later indiana jones.

Haha, that made me think of Genesis.."Lonely man there on the forum; why's he's posting here I don't know; but he posts, every day now, he's just waiting for the flamers to show, oh ooh" LOL.

Seriously, I no longer work at MTP, I'm at DTP now. I didn't attack LAP or say I wanted it to close..in fact my Explorer was built there and it has 45,000 trouble free miles on it. All I'm doing is trying to look at things from a Ford beancounter/headcutter's point of view. I figure they have MTP on one shift, to sweat them out, see how many they can piss off enough to leave. Eventually, they'll plug something else into MTP...the predominant speculation IS the Explorer. Regarding Michigan's sorry state, sure...but the crummy area around MTP, low property values, only play in MTP's favor. You should see the awful, smelly, industrial mess that surrounds DTP, and look what Ford spent on that place! A better economy down in Louisville only LESSENS the impact of LAP closing.

The skeleton crew left at MTP can do their jobs just fine..it's just that there aren't ENOUGH of them. Ford sent too many of us away.

Edited by Hellcat_F6F

Haha, that made me think of Genesis.."Lonely man there on the corner; why's he's posting here I don't know; but he posts, every day now, he's just waiting for the flamers to show, oh ooh" LOL.

Seriously, I no longer work at MTP, I'm at DTP now. I didn't attack LAP or say I wanted it to close..in fact my Explorer was built there and it has 45,000 trouble free miles on it. All I'm doing is trying to look at things from a Ford beancounter/headcutter's point of view. I figure they have MTP on one shift, to sweat them out, see how many they can piss off enough to leave. Eventually, they'll plug something else into MTP...the predominant speculation IS the Explorer. Regarding Michigan's sorry state, sure...but the crummy area around MTP, low property values, only play in MTP's favor. You should see the awful, smelly, industrial mess that surrounds DTP, and look what Ford spent on that place! A better economy down in Louisville only LESSENS the impact of LAP closing.

The skeleton crew left at MTP can do their jobs just fine..it's just that there aren't ENOUGH of them. Ford sent too many of us away.

I came from AAI to MTP back in 2000 and within 3 months they needed people to come back. Once again they let to many people go. They need to get that 4.4L diesel engine in sooner than 2010.5. I know diesel isn't much cheaper if not more but its another option for the customers.

I came from AAI to MTP back in 2000 and within 3 months they needed people to come back. Once again they let to many people go. They need to get that 4.4L diesel engine in sooner than 2010.5. I know diesel isn't much cheaper if not more but its another option for the customers.

Hell diesel is over 50 cent cheaper around here!!!!!

I'm not sure but SLAP employees didn't go to LAP because there were no openings. To follow your product there must be openings.
This is not true because when the Mariner left OHAP there where almost 60 people that went to Kansas City. I remember reading an article where they qouted the plant manager he said "We do not have any openings but we will absorb the additional people and, are glad to welcome the new employee's from OHAP." Edited by Furious1Auto