New Rebates on the Edge & MKX

sranger

We got a $500 rebate in March from a graduate rebate program with Ford, that was back in March. The other rebates shown for military and quarterhorse assoc were also in effect at that time. We got ours with the 1.9% 48 month financing. Personally i would go with the financing to save more than $500 over the lifetime of a car loan, unless you are paying cash and get that rebate off the top.

Edited by sim

I found this on Edmunds today...

It looks like the $500.00 rebate that was put on the Edge SE earlier this year has been extended to the other models.

The MKX now has a $1000.00 rebate.

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateCo...ncentives.1.1.*

Not exactly. The MKX has a $1K owner loyalty rebate for current Mercury Sable owners only, plus another $1K in mfr to dealer incentives (not mfr to customer).

What Mercury Sable owner would buy an MKX?

I saw the $1,000 rebate the MKX recently since Ford is offering me the 3 month pull ahead on my LS. I'd need at least $2,000 on the hood to get me into an MKX, otherwise it's not worth the premium over the Edge. I'd rather buy an Acadia over the MKX for that kind o money. I'm not going to take the pull ahead because I'm looking at the STS or the upcoming CTS...even the 300C is an appealing LS successor.

Edited by BORG

I saw the $1,000 rebate the MKX recently since Ford is offering me the 3 month pull ahead on my LS. I'd need at least $2,000 on the hood to get me into an MKX, otherwise it's not worth the premium over the Edge. I'd rather buy an Acadia over the MKX for that kind o money. I'm not going to take the pull ahead because I'm looking at the STS or the upcoming CTS...even the 300C is an appealing LS successor.

300C is wonderful....but really...the acadia is not half of what the mkx is...usless seats from the middle back... and the mkx is worth the extra over the edge...cooled seats...awesome...and besides...its a lincoln...though I know you think that means nothing.

I thought you had an MKZ

I thought you had an MKZ

no doubt! the guy's an idiot. Does nothing but bash Ford, and acadia over mkx, what a joke! :blink: i drive a mustang gt and get 23-24 mpg. i had a montego, and i would definitely buy a mkx if i was in the market. i too like the 300 but the interior, and radio way too cheap.

I'm getting about 19MPG, better than the 15 on the LS, but with considerably less power. I'm disappointed as well by the mileage, but I'm lucky to get the minimum on any of my cars. I drive a little aggressively, but the MKZ doesn't really permit aggressive driving so I'm forced into a certain driving style anyway.-BORG

Edited by el norte

The MKZ was leased in December '07, the LS was leased in December '04...the LS is due.

I will make my official bow right now and depart these boards.

Thanks for the memories!

relax! just having alittle fun with you. we need every point of view on this website. hopefully someone at the big house is reading these posts and getting ideas to help go forward succesfully in the future.

The MKZ was leased in December '07, the LS was leased in December '04...the LS is due.

I will make my official bow right now and depart these boards.

Thanks for the memories!

well i hope you come back and tell us how you leased a car 6 months from now.