Wixom's last days

Best of luck to all the employees that worked at Wixom you guys made a great car. I wish everyone the best for their future who knows maybe this is a blessing in disguise for some all I wish is that everyone may be able to get back on track in their lives due to this hard reality.

All the best to the men and woman of Wixom. :flexing:

I was at the local for Wixoms last day and I have to say it was wonderful to just hang with my old friends/family from the plant. It was a great fun for the 15 years I worked there, wixom people are the best and I will never forget them. Bada boom bada bing, who loves ya baby!!!! Good luck to all from Wixom you all rocked!!!

Thanks Wixom people for being good! I'm glad that we had the class not to come on here and say we had the best quality and best this and that. And i'll never buy another Ford product as long as i live. That's what makes us good. The best thing you can do with death is ride off from it. Good luck everybody and i'm with ya.

Did you finally come out of the barn you are living in. Watch the NEW'S, not blue oval, all day.

I like the barn, the sheep are warm. The only Ford news on our local broadcast are about brookpark! I work all day I don't know what the hell your talking about!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I like the barn, the sheep are warm. The only Ford news on our local broadcast are about brookpark! I work all day I don't know what the hell your talking about!

Wixom Assembly ran her last car on Thursday. The girl is done, she was lovely in her day, a great place to work and the best people.

God bless all of you guys! May your future venture be fruitful. Enjoy GEN it's a blast, I got payed $26.09 an hour to play video games!

There will be 550 people in GEN, no plug in electronics allowed, they will provide a tv and a dvd you can only bring PG movies, no smoking in the building and can only go out for lunch, since there is no kitchen left in the plant, it will be in an old production area with no air in the summer and rows of tables and chairs. I am so glad I wont be there, but my brother is dreading the whole thing.

Posts like this are why the general public could care less if they bought American.

This dude's an idiot Pioneer. Blabbers some of the most unfounded nonsense I've ever read on this forum. And then, after getting rightfully carved up for this assenine comment to the folks at Wixom, goes back in the next day and edits out the part about the video games. Very smooth Furious. After all, you've got what, about 5 years in now? Definitely deserving of that kind of coin to play video games. Grow up already. You've seen the last of the Gen bank. Next time around you're dumb ass will get paid $279 a week to play with yourself. We'll see if you're bragging on this forum then.

This dude's an idiot Pioneer. Blabbers some of the most unfounded nonsense I've ever read on this forum. And then, after getting rightfully carved up for this assenine comment to the folks at Wixom, goes back in the next day and edits out the part about the video games. Very smooth Furious. After all, you've got what, about 5 years in now? Definitely deserving of that kind of coin to play video games. Grow up already. You've seen the last of the Gen bank. Next time around you're dumb ass will get paid $279 a week to play with yourself. We'll see if you're bragging on this forum then.

Dude, if anyone is an idiot it's you! I took home $700,00 a week before I came to Ford. And when I leave I will walk back into my old job. It's your, ain't shit unskilled, illiterate ass that will be grossing $279 a week if you didn't have Ford. You don't know shit about me. As for being carved up, I made a supportive comment showing empathy for the folks at Wixom. I also made an irresponsible comment which, pioneer pointed out and I rectified it! Don't try to libel me boy, in a battle of wits you are unarmed! My intent in posting on this thread is not to argue but to let the men and, women of Wixom know that they will be in my thoughts and prayers. And that there is life outside of Ford!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Dude, if anyone is an idiot it's you! I took home $700,00 a week before I came to Ford. And when I leave I will walk back into my old job. It's your, ain't shit unskilled, illiterate ass that will be grossing $279 a week if you didn't have Ford. You don't know shit about me. As for being carved up, I made a supportive comment showing empathy for the folks at Wixom. I also made an irresponsible comment which, pioneer pointed out and I rectified it! Don't try to libel me boy, in a battle of wits you are unarmed! My intent in posting on this thread is not to argue but to let the men and, women of Wixom know that they will be in my thoughts and prayers. And that there is life outside of Ford!

Nice, you want to call somebody out yet you make a mistake as simple as adding proper punctuation throughout your rant? Always be careful of this when you are in the process of calling someone illiterate, ok? As for your cash claims, well, to put it simply, one can tell just by reading your writing that you are not being truthful. Call me crazy, but your writing style clearly shows that you have not the wits to make an income in this world outside of operating a power tool, and we all know that on the outside those jobs pay far less than your claiming they do. But, just to have some fun with it and knowing full well that you'll refuse to expound on your claims, why don't you go ahead and tell me what exactly it was that you claim you did and made so much money while having such a great time? I know the West side of Cleveland quite well.....do tell....Mr. bigtime!

Nice, you want to call somebody out yet you make a mistake as simple as adding proper punctuation throughout your rant? Always be careful of this when you are in the process of calling someone illiterate, ok? As for your cash claims, well, to put it simply, one can tell just by reading your writing that you are not being truthful. Call me crazy, but your writing style clearly shows that you have not the wits to make an income in this world outside of operating a power tool, and we all know that on the outside those jobs pay far less than your claiming they do. But, just to have some fun with it and knowing full well that you'll refuse to expound on your claims, why don't you go ahead and tell me what exactly it was that you claim you did and made so much money while having such a great time? I know the West side of Cleveland quite well.....do tell....Mr. bigtime!

I don't claim to be anymore than what I am. It is almost demeaning to subscribe to this but here we go! After leaving high school I spent a little over a year renovating a 3 bedroom house my father bought. Once completed I attend Maycor technical Training center in Cleveland Tennessee Receiving a Maytag technical certification along with a AHAM NARDA certification for R-12 and R-134A up to 15 pounds. This schooling was made simple because of My electronics education in high school! I then worked as an appliance repair technician for 2 years! Then I quired a CDL and drove Semi-truck from flats, vans, and even car haulers, and lowboy specialty equipment for seven years! Then I acquired a job operating a Caterpillar D-10 Bull dozer pushing rock for a manufacturer. Lastly and finally, My previous employ. I worked excavating for a company on residential, commercial, and government jobs. I ran heavy equipment. Bull dozer's, excavators, graders, front-end-loaders, backhoes, skid steers, and commercial dump trucks. I'm also a certified welder and did many of the repairs on our equipment! At the same time I handled some human resource type duties like holding safety meetings for my boss. It was a non-union job and I kept it just the same. And you?

Edited by Furious1Auto

Ok you stated your INTENT, now move on dip-shit.

I think that we are missing a fundemental issue here in that the incompetent Ford upper management over the past ten years that is responsible for all of this. Had they been doing their job and not starved the Lincoln lineup to death compared to Cadillac and Lexus, Wixom would still be open, and nobody would be in the GEN pool.

As far as ripping someone for making money in the GEN, once again the onus is on Ford management. They negotiated the provision in the first place. They made bonehead moves like doubling the size of Hermilsilo, Mexico and hiring employees there while they are closing plants here. If Ford were so concerned with GEN, they should have built the Fusion here and there would have been less of a need for the jobs bank. Bottom line, if you were faced with a choice of making a regular salary by sitting in a room for 40 hours a week, versus leaving the company and trying to find a job outside Ford in this dead economy for far less what would you think the average person would do?

I think that we are missing a fundemental issue here in that the incompetent Ford upper management over the past ten years that is responsible for all of this. Had they been doing their job and not starved the Lincoln lineup to death compared to Cadillac and Lexus, Wixom would still be open, and nobody would be in the GEN pool.

As far as ripping someone for making money in the GEN, once again the onus is on Ford management. They negotiated the provision in the first place. They made bonehead moves like doubling the size of Hermilsilo, Mexico and hiring employees there while they are closing plants here. If Ford were so concerned with GEN, they should have built the Fusion here and there would have been less of a need for the jobs bank. Bottom line, if you were faced with a choice of making a regular salary by sitting in a room for 40 hours a week, versus leaving the company and trying to find a job outside Ford in this dead economy for far less what would you think the average person would do?

The UAW negotiated GEN to be part of their labor product, that's right you guys are a product. As the years go by that product looks more and more like shit. Ford doesn't want to keep buying the UAW product, who can blame them, look how f'd up that product is now. You guys could be making the same money this fall if you would just completely overhaul the product, but you won't so you won't.

But he doesn't have to flaunt the fact he was playing video games, and basically fucking off for 8 hours a day.

It's common fucking knowledge that people are sitting around in a room watching TV, surfing the internet, reading magazines, ect. and doing NOTHING drawing a full salary. It's in the articles ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!!! That's why it should be TOTALLY DONE AWAY WITH!!!!! He isn't flaunting anything that isn't already out there.

The UAW negotiated GEN to be part of their labor product, that's right you guys are a product. As the years go by that product looks more and more like shit. Ford doesn't want to keep buying the UAW product, who can blame them, look how f'd up that product is now. You guys could be making the same money this fall if you would just completely overhaul the product, but you won't so you won't.

There is no doubt there is plenty of blame to go around. The UAW can be blamed for fighting so hard to get screw-ups back on the job, those who were fired for poor attendance, workmanship, etc. However, at the end of the day, the onus is on management. If the job bank was an issue, it should have been addressed in the last contract, strike or no strike.