Bill Ford Points Out Obama Hypocrisy

LINK

Ford said Thursday he was "very disappointed" in the criticism Obama dished out to Detroit. He also criticized efforts in Congress to radically increase fuel economy.

"I would love to invite him to our Chicago assembly plant in his state and see where we make a vehicle that's more efficient than the one he's currently driving," Ford said to applause at the Detroit Regional Chamber's Mackinac Policy Conference.

Ford is in the early stages of building the new Tauras sedan and Taurus X wagon at the Chicago plant, both of which are more fuel efficient than the V8 Hemi-powered Chrysler 300C Obama drives. Obama's family also has a Ford escape hybrid, his office said.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LINK

Ford said Thursday he was "very disappointed" in the criticism Obama dished out to Detroit. He also criticized efforts in Congress to radically increase fuel economy.

"I would love to invite him to our Chicago assembly plant in his state and see where we make a vehicle that's more efficient than the one he's currently driving," Ford said to applause at the Detroit Regional Chamber's Mackinac Policy Conference.

Ford is in the early stages of building the new Tauras sedan and Taurus X wagon at the Chicago plant, both of which are more fuel efficient than the V8 Hemi-powered Chrysler 300C Obama drives. Obama's family also has a Ford escape hybrid, his office said.

:hysterical::finger::ohsnap: Gotta hand it to Bill on this one. Nice job.

Good For Bill.

These politicians have no concept of reality.

GM and Ford need to agressively defend themselves with poorly informed media and politicians.

Makes me sick when the media does the "high gas price story". Everytime they show a domestic "gas hog' and an asian import nameplate "gas saver"

As far as forcing people to drive small cars, thats what started the SUV craze in the first place. The companies make what people will buy, not the other way around.

Makes me sick when the media does the "high gas price story". Everytime they show a domestic "gas hog' and an asian import nameplate "gas saver"

they started using the Escape in Hybrid stories on the news around here now.

btw, Obama lost my vote with the CAFE bs he was spouting a few weeks ago.

Anybody else notice "Tauras" .. is that an intentional rip on Ford?

Ford is in the early stages of building the new Tauras sedan and Taurus X wagon at the Chicago plant, both of which are more fuel efficient than the V8 Hemi-powered Chrysler 300C that Obama used to drive. On Friday, Obama's office said he sold that vehicle a few weeks ago, and he has never visited Ford's Chicago assembly plant. The family has a Ford escape hybrid, his office said.

If not, somebody needs to fire that publication's editor. :finger:

It reads like "tore-ass" or something :hysterical:

In any case, glad to see Billy rippin' Obama a new one.

Edited by SVT_MAN

There was a chance you would vote for that racist ass hat? wow

at one time. no longer. im typically left of center, but now ive gotta look into it more. i wont vote for Hillary, Rudy is... well, im not a big fan but he has some things i agree with. yet its too early to tell for me.

If you gotta go right, none of the Republican hopefuls could touch Ron Paul in the debates. (IMO) The neo-cons hate him for his stance on immigration and on Iraq (he voted no). On the left, tell the truth, I haven't decided yet. Please expand on this "Obama is a racist" thing for me though. I'm curious.

Obama was never even close in my view of candidates. The fact that he was raised a Muslim screwed him in my book.

He was raised a muslim? Can you site your source?

Obama just won my vote, I can't wait till CAFE is increased, open up your wallets and pay for your gas guzzler.

On a side note, Ford has the WORST fleetwide fuel ecoomy of the top 6 automakers. If Ford in NA can't make fuel efficent cars they don't deserve to be I buisness.

Wow I guess I should be banned because I am a muslim.

Just wow.

There is a clear-cut ideological conflict between Islamic ideology and the United States' ideology. We have freedom of religion here. This is true. But, while we allow anybody to be in our country, that doesn't mean anybody should run our country. It's his right to run for candidacy, but we'll see what America feels is best at the voting booths ...

I wouldn't vote for a Muslim either. Just as a Muslim might not vote for a Christian. It's no different.

Yes, he's a "Christian" now .. but maybe that is a political move. Bill Clinton was affiliated with the Southern Baptist church, yet do you think the Southern Baptist church would have approved of, much less promoted, what he did while he was in office? Like it or not, politicians should be held to a higher standard since they are under the spotlight.

What you declare as your public religious identity has a lot to do with whether people vote for you.

Edited by SVT_MAN

What you declare as your public religious identity has a lot to do with whether people vote for you.

Religious bigotry is no better than any other kind. While religious values have their place in our history, in the foundation of this country, and of our culture in general, inserting a specific religious ideology into our government (which is what those voting their church are attempting to do) is so contrary to the stated intentions of our founding fathers that it is amazing to me anybody could be so sanguine about it. How utterly un-American!

I'll have to read up on Obama's past affiliation with Farrakhan (who, by the way, became conciliatory on his deathbed) - but I have a feeling it is a convenient smear, with little more substance than the "Swiftboating" of Kerry. Pick a convenient totem to hang around the neck of your opponent, and you can relieve a certain percentage of the population of the burden of further thought.

Edited by retro-man

Forget about Osamabama for president. Not gonna happen. White Protestants founded this country and will run it for the foreseeable future. One non-member got into the clubhouse and they had him killed!

It's funny, a hypocrit accusing Obama of hypocricy!!

Bill Jr. claims to be green, hahahahahaha

What's ford's fleetwide fuel economy 19.3 ?

And the white protestants had their chace, their reign will be over soon, with 45 million latinos, and tens of millions of blacks and Asians, Obama is a serious conteder.

Rudy is the best republican cotender, hahahahaha

Hillary, Obama or Gore will be in the white hose next, and we will make you guys pay for your overconsumption, ie carbon caps, CAFE, and the new Califoria legislation (25% reduction in CO2 by 2009, with 11 more states to follow soon after)

It looks like Obama's plan for CAFE is not much diferent than the Bush administrations, and it looks like the UAW is supporting the increase of CAFE, do't believe me?

Read these quotes from Gettlfinger yesterday.spoke at an annual policy conference sponsored by the Detroit Chamber of Commerce, held on Mackinac Island,

From the article---

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/01/business...nyt&emc=rss

"Mr. Obama’s proposal is similar to one made by the Bush administration, which would increase fuel economy standards by about one mile a gallon each year. The current standard is 27.5 miles a gallon for cars and 24 miles a gallon for light trucks."

Edited by Savetheplanet

Wow I guess I should be banned because I am a muslim.

Just wow.

Huh? We don't ban people here in the US. In fact, not in the western hemisphere that I know of. Nor Europe. I don't know of 1 country that bans Mohammedans. But there sure are a lot of countries that ban Christians. China bans Christians. So do a number of Mohammedan countries. India and the Hindis are none so kind either. But the Chinese don't tend to do nearly as much beat ups, burn downs, and murder as the hindi and Mohammedan countries do.

But you already know all that don't you.

And the white protestants had their chace, their reign will be over soon, with 45 million latinos, and tens of millions of blacks and Asians, Obama is a serious conteder.

Hillary, Obama or Gore will be in the white hose next,

not one of them has a chance in hell of winning. Yes, I am a registered Democrat too.

The liberals have pandered to the minority population here for sometime now. IMO all they have done lately is to infuse the idea that we in fact are not equal and that we ARE lesser, that we ARE victims. That type of mindset is nothing more than modern day segregation under a PC guise. We all do have an equal start in this country. Those that do not take advantage of their opportunities have not the right to cry foul. btw, im 25 and Hispanic myself.

The CAFE requirments are BS as far as im concerned too. Its not unlike the invasion of civil liberties by the right wingers. Theyll take and take and take away until theres nothing left to give. In this case they will regulate and regulate and regulate until they have their hands in ever aspect of your life. When will the BS stop? on both ends? Those who give up their rights dont deserve them. Those that allow government interference where it DOESNT BELONG are simply squandering their rights as a whole. Much like i am pro choice, i am pro keeping the Governments nose out of where it shouldnt be.

As far as my gas guzzlers? i guarantee my Cougar and Galaxie combined use less fuel per month than anything you drive. They are basically weekend cars, i dont use 10 gallons a month in both combined.

hell, maybe im more Libertarian than anything.

Well a CAFE increase is overdue, it really hasn't changed in 20 years, Carbon caps will not be implemeted for at least a year.

When you think about it, a small amount of our tax goes towards environmental projects compared to the farm subsidies that have reached up to 30 billion in one year!

I really think some of you should shut off your computer, go into a dark room and deal with whatever issue you have that global warming IS NOT ABOUT and then due some objective research on ACC.

If it was really about the money you guys would be going ape shit over farm subsidies.

Huh? We don't ban people here in the US. In fact, not in the western hemisphere that I know of. Nor Europe. I don't know of 1 country that bans Mohammedans. But there sure are a lot of countries that ban Christians. China bans Christians. So do a number of Mohammedan countries. India and the Hindis are none so kind either. But the Chinese don't tend to do nearly as much beat ups, burn downs, and murder as the hindi and Mohammedan countries do.

But you already know all that don't you.

and now I am getting blamed because of what the Hindus and Chinese do.

You know both of these countries governments aren't Muslims?

and nice nickname you've gave us there.

Well a CAFE increase is overdue, it really hasn't changed in 20 years, Carbon caps will not be implemeted for at least a year.

When you think about it, a small amount of our tax goes towards environmental projects compared to the farm subsidies that have reached up to 30 billion in one year!

I really think some of you should shut off your computer, go into a dark room and deal with whatever issue you have that global warming IS NOT ABOUT and then due some objective research on ACC.

If it was really about the money you guys would be going ape shit over farm subsidies.

First of all l would like to say well done Bill Ford it's about time somebody stuck up for the Auto industry and hit back at the hypocrites, we will have Mr Blair from my country will soon be telling the world at the G8 Summit how we all need to help stop the effects of Global Warming, and the best way of doing it is to TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX the motorist to death, and up the CAFE Limits. What l would like to ask Mr Blair is if you are so concerned about the effects of Global Warming, why are you the first ever British Prime Minister to embark on a around the World farewell Blair Hypocritical Global Warming Tour 2007, what kind of Carbon Footprint did that leave, you then want to milk the car owner dry by TAX not one penny of the taxes imposed has ever gone back in to stopping the effects of Global Warming, where has the British car owners tax money, propping up failed Government Pension Schemes & other failed policies. Bush said we can invent our way out of the problem of Global Warming its simple, well l am onboard with this idea but George you don't have to do the inventing designing it all costs money. Maybe Bill Ford should insist that every $ raised in Global Warming taxes in what ever shape or form they come in, should be ploughed back into the Auto, Aircraft etc industries of the country it was raised in so they can change, being GREEN could be a wonderful thing nobody is saying you have to give up the Mustang or F-150, just make them a bit more greener, make them slightly smaller lighter with more composite materials, downsize improve fuel efficiency like they are doing in F1 at the moment, and make sure that every is Ford Hybrid, so when a Mustang is crawling around Orlando in 20 MPH in slow moving traffic it will be procding no more pollution than a Toyota Prious. TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX should go to companies that have to fix the problem, and not failed policies. G8 Summit is the place where the world biggest hypocrites will hang out including the 100,000s of SAVE THE PLANET protester types + 30,000 police that have travelled from every part of Europe giving this event the biggest Global Warming CARBON FOOTPRINT of 2007 in Europe. Hypocrites will then start smashing up this part of Germany setting fire to cars, smashing shop windows all sounds very environmentally friendly to me. 'Up the CAFE limits' you say SAVE THE PLANET, yes nothing wrong with that, but you have to be sensible about this, only up when the production cycle of model changes comes to an end. Ford have just invested billions in Jaguar you can't just tell them it has to change Jaguar again overnight. If a the government up the taxes on fuel, and say nobody wants to buy Jaguar anymore then Ford will have change the Jaguar anyway as sales start to fall. I think world over population is the biggest problem we face today SAVE THE PLANET not one word on the subject will ever be mentioned at the G8 Summit, if you cut the population by say 50% in the States or the UK you would cut down on pollution, global warming by 50% you would also not need so many cows to eat, houses to live in, Finite Fossil Fuels would last twice as long, US could run all its cars on Bio Fuels with all spare land that would be come available. But sadly the SAVE THE PLANET types at the G8 will say not one word on the subject of World over-population. So as the world’s population increase by another billion so will Global Warming increase? Go Go Go Bill expose those SAVE THE PLANET types for the Hypocrites that they are, and please can we have a Hybrid Mustang with a smaller engine for Europe in the future who says going green has to be boring, l like my Ford and will never give it up, just like every other car owner in the world. Come on SAVE THE PLANET get your hypocrite mates over at FOE and Greenpeace to end their silence on the subject of over population of the planet Earth.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds