New Tundra Having a Firestone Problem?

range

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I hate Ford sooo much that I hope Toyota buries them :rip:

Huh. Never noticed.

You are a bitter, twisted little man. Go haunt some other board that might be slightly interested in your Toyoda ass-sucking.

Oh yeah, good tire selection Toyota. That's moving you forward.

LIKE I SAID>>>>FUCK ALL YOU FORD DICK_SUCKS!!!!!! I hope your company goes down in flames! It would serve them right. Ill go over to flatratetech.com where they know the truth about Ford

You're too easy man. How's the blood pressure doing, btw? ;) And, it's not my company. I don't get worked up about a product like you do.

Back to topic. I bet any money Toyota will not wear this like Ford did. The free pass will continue; they are the current media darling.

LIKE I SAID>>>>FUCK ALL YOU FORD DICK_SUCKS!!!!!! I hope your company goes down in flames! It would serve them right. Ill go over to flatratetech.com where they know the truth about Ford

my idiot senses are tingling.....the maturity level in the forum just dropped about 20%

Problems with my '89 LX/AWD. None. Well, wait, nope. None. You do know you are supposed to take care of your car right? It doesn't maintain itself. And don' try and say you do, because if you did, you would have little to no problems. :gang:

Take care of it !?!?!?

The peice of sh*t spent more time in the shop and in my back yard getting worked on than it did on the streets for the time that I had it. If it wasn't my ONLY trasnportation and wasn't sucking every last spare dime that I had to keep it running, I would have ditched it and gotten another vehicle to replace it. I could just NEVER find a sucker to pawn it off on while I had it. But, yes, I did take care of that vehicle. Meticulous care of it. But, good night man, how am I supposed to "take care" of a vehicle enough to keep factory welds from breaking or poor quality metal from fracturing? How does a lack of maintenance cause a sealed wiper motor to fail? Insulation to turn brittle and come off vehicle wiring causing shorts? The sealed electronics of the ECM from failing? The Head gasket from failing and leaking? You know, I'd expect to replace one or two items during my time of ownership of the vehicle, but, not the extensive list that I had.

For comparison, the 92 Accord that I got from my In-Laws when we traded in my F-150 on a minivan for my wife was a much much better vehicle. In the years that we owned it, I was just as careful with the maintenance. What were its problems?

1) Major disappointment here, it ate its tranny at around 90K miles.

2) Radiator cracked near fill cap (102K miles).

3) C/V boots replaced as they had gotten old and deteriorated (104K miles) . That's more preventative maintenance.

That's it. Aside from regular oil changes, a timing belt on schedule, belts and hoses on schedule, and fluid changes on schedule, nothing else failed in the vehicle that was powertrain. Yeah, I replaced the factory speakers that had deteriorated in the 10 years since the felt was put on them, but I was doing that anyway with the stereo upgrade. No window motors failed, the wiper motor was fine. The ECM was as good as new. The engine used no measurable amount of oil between changes. The airbox didn't crack. The factory shocks/struts were still good. There were no welds needed on the unibody. No wiring had gone brittle and deteriorated. One of the engine mounts had worn out, so it vibrated a little at idle, but it wasn't an operational issue.

And I had that car when it was in its 10th through 13th year of life, not when it was 3rd to 6th year of life.

These were two comparable cars from the same generation.

This is the problem that Ford has with quality perception.

I know they're better and hope they continue to improve and do well. But, this is what they are overcoming.

hey, tommy... how you doin, are you going to reply to this post i am making, you do realize this is blue oval forum(it's for ford enthusiasts) but we do enjoy your input...we get some good chuckles over them, if you do reply to this or anything else on this forum in a way as you have just exhibited, and with out anything useful to us in any way other than telling us that you love toyota and hate ford, then please...stop and just get off this forum, it's sad that a person that hates ford has almost as many posts on here as a person that is on this forum for its intended purpose...dude...hang it up...we won't go and pollute toyota forums with this crap like you have

oh and yeah, toyota should be held responsible for this just like ford was held responsible, ford made the same mistake....but toyota did not learn and repeated it

Edited by Ford-150

I dont know what the story is with Firestone . I do know I have a set of them on my truck right now and they are excellent. They came from an Excursion tire recall BTW....I took them brand new off of an 04. Supposedly they would blow out on a 9000 lb Excursion...they seem to do well on my 5700 lb GMC pickup. Toyota already recalled tires on the FJ Cruiser this past year I believe they were Firestones. The reason they went bad on Explorers was low inf. pressures called for by Ford and Firestone making a soft tire for a car-like ride. All the soccer moms out there think they want a truck but don't want it to ride like a truck. News flash-Trucks ride rough! if you dont like it get a minivan. That whole Explorer tire deal was a clusterfuck right from the get-go. Neither side wanted to admit blame. Sounds typical for Ford.

I dont know what the story is with Firestone . I do know I have a set of them on my truck right now and they are excellent. They came from an Excursion tire recall BTW....I took them brand new off of an 04. Supposedly they would blow out on a 9000 lb Excursion...they seem to do well on my 5700 lb GMC pickup. Toyota already recalled tires on the FJ Cruiser this past year I believe they were Firestones. The reason they went bad on Explorers was low inf. pressures called for by Ford and Firestone making a soft tire for a car-like ride. All the soccer moms out there think they want a truck but don't want it to ride like a truck. News flash-Trucks ride rough! if you dont like it get a minivan. That whole Explorer tire deal was a clusterfuck right from the get-go. Neither side wanted to admit blame. Sounds typical for Ford.

/me wonders how much chance there is for problems to develop with a car when the owner is either 2 years too young to drive in their state of residence (per Explorer4x4's profile and NYS DMV) or just at the legal age (per profile and references to Alaska...)

Here is the story. This car, is in Alaska. I am, in New York. How? My family, specifically my grandparents, lived in Alaska. This car, belonged to them. In Alaska, the legal age for a learner's permit is 14. I have one, but even so, I rarely drive due to me not being in AK a lot. However, I am moving to Alaska in two-three months. I have only driven the Tempo enough to have to fill up its gas tank once, and this is in one year. Got it on March 25, 2006.

But even so, that does not change the fact the Tempo had been driven a lot (and driven hard by that), by my grandparents, my dad, and other relatives. The All Wheel Drive system was killed off when my Dad lost control in a snow storm and went off the road. Thats just one little thing that happened to it.

The reason they went bad on Explorers was low inf. pressures called for by Ford and Firestone making a soft tire for a car-like ride. All the soccer moms out there think they want a truck but don't want it to ride like a truck. News flash-Trucks ride rough! if you dont like it get a minivan. That whole Explorer tire deal was a clusterfuck right from the get-go. Neither side wanted to admit blame. Sounds typical for Ford.

My sons Ranger originally came with 15" Firestones. He is a "car" guy and faithfully maintained his Ranger, including more than adequate tire pressures. His left rear Firestone tread/tire de-lamimated. Fortunately, he sensed something amiss and examined the the tires, finding the problem before it blew apart at speed. At the time, we were not aware of a wide spread issue with these tires and replaced it at our own expense; unfortunately with another Firestone. Shortly thereafter, came the publicity and recall. I would argue that the tires were the root problem (and perhaps drivers who may have ignored warning signs that there was a tire problem).

My sons Ranger originally came with 15" Firestones. He is a "car" guy and faithfully maintained his Ranger, including more than adequate tire pressures. His left rear Firestone tread/tire de-lamimated. Fortunately, he sensed something amiss and examined the the tires, finding the problem before it blew apart at speed. At the time, we were not aware of a wide spread issue with these tires and replaced it at our own expense; unfortunately with another Firestone. Shortly thereafter, came the publicity and recall. I would argue that the tires were the root problem (and perhaps drivers who may have ignored warning signs that there was a tire problem).

many people in my family will not buy firestone tires because they have many times experienced the tread separation first hand....this was long before the explorer issue...and these are people that never use their tires past the recommended wear

news flash, the new 04+ F-150 rides better than a lot of cars, it takes speed bumps like a beauty

I have several friends who are Ford Technicians, one made Engine Master at 23 y/o and Senior Master at 26 y/o. He's making upwards of $80K a year at 27 y/o working for Ford as a flat rate tech, and I don't hear him whining and complaining about Ford like you do.

Maybe you're just a shit tech who likes to blame others for his inadequacies? You're choice of vocabulary would seem to indicate a certain intellectual deficit.

Have fun working on those Toyotas, I hope you don't make it a habit of standing underneath the rear-half of Tacomas on 2-post lifts. Their frames are known to snap in half on 2-posts after all. :hysterical:

I have several friends who are Ford Technicians, one made Engine Master at 23 y/o and Senior Master at 26 y/o. He's making upwards of $80K a year at 27 y/o working for Ford as a flat rate tech, and I don't hear him whining and complaining about Ford like you do.

Maybe you're just a shit tech who likes to blame others for his inadequacies? You're choice of vocabulary would seem to indicate a certain intellectual deficit.

Have fun working on those Toyotas, I hope you don't make it a habit of standing underneath the rear-half of Tacomas on 2-post lifts. Their frames are known to snap in half on 2-posts after all. :hysterical:

he talks like a parts changer. not even a real mechanic. ive seen plenty of them before and they are all the same. cocky, certain cars are crap because they think Hondas and Toyotas are the greatest thing since bananas, and they love stupid customers. Hey, how many times have you conned out rear trailing arm bushings out of a Honda job as preventative maintenance? or an "intake service" lol. PS flushes? ive seen those con jobs plenty of times before, ive worked in shops too and heard all the big mouth "mechanics" that think their shit doesnt stink and think they are the greatest because they can change a relay on an old Honda and get it to start again. hes nothing new.