2008 Ford Edge Color Samples

Blue Oval Guide

I've seen the Ice Blue on a Taurus - too "old Hondaish". What is my best bet for seeing an Ink Blue and a White Sand in any model of car before I order my 2008 Edge Limited?

I want to make sure the Ink Blue is not TOO dark that it looks like black and I want to make sure White Sand is "white" not "sand". I have seen pictures of 2007 White Sand Expeditions but you can't even build one in that colour on Ford.ca so I'm not sure why that would be. Also could anyone tell me what Tri-Coat refers to (as in White Sand Tri-Coat)?

I've seen the Ice Blue on a Taurus - too "old Hondaish". What is my best bet for seeing an Ink Blue and a White Sand in any model of car before I order my 2008 Edge Limited?

I want to make sure the Ink Blue is not TOO dark that it looks like black and I want to make sure White Sand is "white" not "sand". I have seen pictures of 2007 White Sand Expeditions but you can't even build one in that colour on Ford.ca so I'm not sure why that would be. Also could anyone tell me what Tri-Coat refers to (as in White Sand Tri-Coat)?

My Dealer had two Taurii under the front overhang in the shade. One was black the other was Dark Ink Blue. I had to read the label to tell which was which. I had the dealer pull out the blue one out into the sun and it was still very dark. I also have a Dark Ink Blue Taurus X on order, and it is a lot darker than I thought it would be, but it has grown on me. I was on the fence between black and blue, so guess the color is splitting the distance between the two colors.

Is Ice Blue the same shade of blue Ford of Europe uses? There was this blue color of the C1 Focus that I wanted so badly I almost bought the car w/manual for it.

It shined pretty blue in day and it looked like it's black at night.

No it is more of a gray-blue or a metallic baby blue.

White sand is a new colour for 08. There is a white chocolate from the 07 palette but that is a tricoat and a different paint code. Will have to wait to see in person.

The 07 Explorer Limited and F150 Lariat both have a White Sand Tri-Coat color for 07 and it's the same paint code as the Lincoln only White Chocolate (PV).

Lincoln's Vivid Red is the same paint code as Ford's Redfire (G2).

White sand is a new colour for 08. There is a white chocolate from the 07 palette but that is a tricoat and a different paint code. Will have to wait to see in person.

White sand is available on the expedition and f-150 for 2007 models as a 495$ additional option. Its a good color, but honestly I prefer oxford white any day.

A lady from Ford contacted me via phone today and confirmed that White Chocolate Tri Coat Metallic and White Sand Tri Coat Metallic are the same paint code exactly (PV).

I believe Chocolate is the Lincoln term and Sand refers to the Fords.