My new 07 Expe

2stangbk

I have an 08 Expedition EB. I do about 17Mpg average. In the morning about 30km highway driving, and in the evening 30 Km traffic jam driving. The ride is very smooth, extremely quiet, and very comfortable. I have no problems to report at all, except a small rattle I had in the roof liner on day one, which I fixed myself with some foam. Great car and it impresses everyone that rides with me. This was my 3rd Expedition; I noticed a real improvement in the 08 models compared with the previous one (2003, 2005). My excitement about today’s very good build quality made me buy a new Mariner for my wife, and traded the Volvo we had.....

Busser- how many miles/KM do you have on the 08 now? Our tranny was fine for about the first 7-8000 miles then it started acting up.

I don't know how many miles he has on it, but my soccer coach has an 07 Expy EL and he's had to take it in several times for transmission problems.

• 2 months later...

OK, the latest. After the last service visit 19k mileage, the dealer drove my truck around town for 2 days and claim that the tranny never slipped once. We got it back and the next day it slipped twice in one drive into town... When I say "slipped"- the rpm jumps up 200-400 rpms between shift in the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. When it jumps up it hangs for a second then goes into the next gear. I'm not sure what my next step but this morning I went out to crank it up to pick my kids up from a sleepover and when I put the key in and turned to the first position, the whole truck went to sleep. The securilock light flashed and nothing else was happening after that. Of course the owners manual suggests having serviced by the local dealer but thats not gonna get my kids picked up any faster... What will this $35k truck surprise me with next? Sorry for the rant, I just miss the truck I traded in for the Expe, it was 03' Screw Lariat that never had one visit to the dealer for anything other than an oil change...

• 3 months later...

Just started the lemon law process to get rid of my 07 Expe. The tranny is very unreliable with its quirks of slipping shifts and slipping completely out of gear when you try to enter an intersection... so we have had enough. The Ford Rep is looking at it tomorrow so I'll keep you guys posted.

BK

Just started the lemon law process to get rid of my 07 Expe. The tranny is very unreliable with its quirks of slipping shifts and slipping completely out of gear when you try to enter an intersection... so we have had enough. The Ford Rep is looking at it tomorrow so I'll keep you guys posted.

BK

Any word on this?

BK

That sucks, keep us posted. Curious about how they handle it.

I know Lemon Laws can be a tedious process.

I was having the same issues with the transmission acting up. I gave the dealer 6 chances to fix it, all with no luck. Sent ford a letter giving them 30 days by lemon law standards to fix it. They sent some big wig down from michigan to look at it and fix it. So far so good, I have gone about 5000 miles since the fix without any major problems. Occasionally it fumbles gears, but I think all 6 speeds do that, I like everything about the truck with the exception of the transmission. I think ford could have done better. Hopefully the transmission holds up. At least there is no more jerking into gears and surging when coming to a stop.

I will say this though, I will not buy another Ford after all the crap I had to go through to get it fixed correctly. I was probably out a vehicle for a whole month. The funny thing about the whole thing is I told the dealership exactly what it was doing 6 times, and 4 of the six they acted like there wasnt a problem, even after I forced them to do a conference call with fords customer service and even fords customer service claimed it was normal. I picked the truck up from the dealership on a Thursday and sure enough by Saturday I was almost stranded. It took pulling a trailer and endangering my life while the transmission quit shifting on the highway going up hill. I was driving around 60 to 65 miles per hour and all of a sudden the transmission slowed me down to 20 mph on the freeway going up hill, I could floor the accelerator and nothing would happen. Fortunately I was only 5 miles from my house when it happened and not 150. Pulled up to the driveway, turned truck off, restarted it thinking this might reset the computer or something and I attempted to back the trailer into the driveway. I was getting zero power to the wheels, I couldnt even back the trailer into my driveway. I had to get the rental trailer back to Uhaul, and guess what I couldnt. They ended up charging me because I was late on drop off. Then I had to get my father to come to my house in his 05 expedition to switch out the trailer and take me to the uhaul shop. Huge ordeal, plus I had to borrow his truck to leave town for a few days. All this happened on a Saturday.

NickCarbon, Sorry to hear that story. Damn thats a bitch. I'm glad yours is fixed though, hopefully it wil hold up for good!

Well the Ford Rep had ours for 3 days this week, and put 500 miles on it. He claims the tranny is fine. Even though the Tranny mech at the dealer told him exactley what its been doing, he says it did nothing while he had it.Hmmm Of course he spent most of his drive time on I-95, which is where we have had no issues at all. All of our issues are in town driving. He did run a new TSB before he even drove it though, the number is 08 22 7. Anybody have a clue what that one did? So now we are left with a truck thats we can never really count on. Realistically each time they have run a TSB or even when they changed the megatronic valve body, it has only taken about a week or two before it starts acting up again. Now, since we have given Ford the "final attempt" to fix, we have 60 days to see if its fixed, if not we start the second step in the process with the BBB.