My new 07 Expe

2stangbk

Thanks to the kindness of another member, we used an X plan pin to pick up a 07 Expe XLT. We love it so far. I'll keep you guys updated on the break in and any issues that may arise.

100_2967.jpg

Great looking ride!!! Enjoy. I love mine. Already have 20,000 on it and just bought it Dec. 7th.

Why would you cut your own throat, talk about a hypocrite! If you can't stand overconsumption than why on earth would you build the biggest truck we make. Sellout!

????

Are you confusing that member with the member SavethePlanet ? (same avatar)

Edited by Roadrunner

• 1 month later...
Just turned 2100 miles and running like a champ. Mileage is averaging around 15.1 in town.

Whitesand 07 limited that I just love. I have about 4700 miles on it and picked it up June 5. Great rideing truck,just got back from a 2500 mile round rode trip from Canton Michigan to Orlando Fla last week. Averaged 18.8 for the trip. I did experience the blower motor problem not having control over it until I shutoff and restarted the truck and it reset. It is a problem with the powerpoints plugging in cell phones sometimes makes the eletronic temp controls on the Limited and EB models go high or turn off. Ford is aware and currently working on the fix :}. It is a great ride, lots of good feedback from people who take a good look at the truck.

Just turned 2100 miles and running like a champ. Mileage is averaging around 15.1 in town.

Nice lookin ride! I'm tentatively planning on ordering an '08 XLT 2WD in that color in January. :shades:

Re Mileage: Is yours 2WD or 4WD? Are you a light foot or lead foot when driving? How's MPG on highway trips?

Nice lookin ride! I'm tentatively planning on ordering an '08 XLT 2WD in that color in January. :shades:

Re Mileage: Is yours 2WD or 4WD? Are you a light foot or lead foot when driving? How's MPG on highway trips?

18.8 was all I-75 highway miles. I averaged about 75 miles in hour on the trip. 6 speed transmission on 07 models does make some difference vs 4R75 trans it replaced. Great confortable ride,love this Expy.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Made the first real roadtrip with the Expe. Mileage over 7k now and it produced 20.4 mpg heading up I-95 with the A/C off (it was cool outside) and the cruise engaged. Whats odd to me is that the information system only computed around 16 or so while the long math on a Mc'ds napkin with the cell phone calculator came up with 20.4. No matter, the Expe did well on the trip and I am still very satisfied.

Made the first real roadtrip with the Expe. Mileage over 7k now and it produced 20.4 mpg heading up I-95 with the A/C off (it was cool outside) and the cruise engaged. Whats odd to me is that the information system only computed around 16 or so while the long math on a Mc'ds napkin with the cell phone calculator came up with 20.4. No matter, the Expe did well on the trip and I am still very satisfied.

I imagine the 16 mpg shown on the information system is the average MPG since it was last reset. Next time you take a road trip, once you get the cruise set, hit reset on the MPG and then you'll get a better idea of what you're getting. I got over 21 mpg in my 07 Expy with the AC off and the cruise control set at 65 mph on a 200 mile road trip a few months ago.

• 3 months later...

I have a 2007 Expy XLT 17k with 4wd, 3.73 gears. Getting, in Phoenix, in cool winter temps and gas mixture,

in 2wd mode, reg 87 octane gas, 15.5-17.2 city and 20-24.1 fwy with easy/normal commuter driving. Average 16.7 mpg combined usually.

Automatic 4wd or 4wd gets 13.5-15 and 17-18

Door to door, first weekend in March, with 5 adults/2 dogs, looped Gilbert Az. to Sedona, up to Jerome and back. Many stops, traffic jam in Glendale and some hills. Speed 70-80 mph. Even used Automatic mode in the mountains east of Sedona for stability. Computer in dash read 18.1 old way of computing-(gallons gas used from a full tank/mileage traveled=18.6). Close. Sweet spot 65-72 mph and using cruise is best for top mpg. All day trip and about 325+miles. This seems real world enough. Very under rated mpg vehicle.

I have 17inch rims with 265/70 Conti's. Told to change them by 20k to Mich. or Conti SUV's. Conti Tr's may have tread separation in our summer heat. Will upgrading to 18 or 20 inch rims reduce my mpg also? What is anybodys experience with Mich. LTX M/S, Yokohama's or Parrelli's STR's on 17's over Conti's with mpg?

I have been told by dealer 255/70/18's will reduce -1 to 3 mpg and 275/55/20's -2 to 4 mpg. True?

Great truck. Love it so far (purchased used with 14k in 1/8/08). Very, Very solid and consistent. Ford plastics and fit still need improvement.

I have a 2007 Expy XLT 17k with 4wd, 3.73 gears. Getting, in Phoenix, in cool winter temps and gas mixture,

in 2wd mode, reg 87 octane gas, 15.5-17.2 city and 20-24.1 fwy with easy/normal commuter driving. Average 16.7 mpg combined usually.

Automatic 4wd or 4wd gets 13.5-15 and 17-18

Door to door, first weekend in March, with 5 adults/2 dogs, looped Gilbert Az. to Sedona, up to Jerome and back. Many stops, traffic jam in Glendale and some hills. Speed 70-80 mph. Even used Automatic mode in the mountains east of Sedona for stability. Computer in dash read 18.1 old way of computing-(gallons gas used from a full tank/mileage traveled=18.6). Close. Sweet spot 65-72 mph and using cruise is best for top mpg. All day trip and about 325+miles. This seems real world enough. Very under rated mpg vehicle.

I have 17inch rims with 265/70 Conti's. Told to change them by 20k to Mich. or Conti SUV's. Conti Tr's may have tread separation in our summer heat. Will upgrading to 18 or 20 inch rims reduce my mpg also? What is anybodys experience with Mich. LTX M/S, Yokohama's or Parrelli's STR's on 17's over Conti's with mpg?

I have been told by dealer 255/70/18's will reduce -1 to 3 mpg and 275/55/20's -2 to 4 mpg. True?

Great truck. Love it so far (purchased used with 14k in 1/8/08). Very, Very solid and consistent. Ford plastics and fit still need improvement.

I have a hard time believing that about the tire size making the big difference in MPG.

• 3 weeks later...

"Next time you take a road trip, once you get the cruise set, hit reset on the MPG and then you'll get a better idea of what you're getting. I got over 21 mpg in my 07 Expy with the AC off and the cruise control set at 65 mph on a 200 mile road trip a few months ago."

yep, that was it, Thanks for the info. Now if I can take care of the shifting issues it has developed, we'll be in business!

BK

• 4 weeks later...

The latest, ours spent a week at the dealer for TSB 07-5-5 to fix the rpm flux between the 2-3 shift. We have had it back two weeks now and it still isn't completey right and its kinda unpredictable when its gonna shift right or awkward for lack of a better term. So I'm going contact the dealer againand see what they want to try next. On the other end of the spectrum we are knocking down 15-16 mpg in all city driving each week. Not to bad for the big ole bus!