ban the sport cars

sprinter

Cutting CO2 or a Sneak Attack on Porsche, Ferrari?:

July 10 (Bloomberg) -- If one of the more extreme responses to global warming comes true, driving a sports car anywhere but on a racetrack might be relegated to history's dustbin.

Fast, powerful cars within a few years may be outlawed in Europe, an idea that has been raised ostensibly because Ferraris and Porsches produce too much carbon dioxide. For those who abhor sports cars as vulgar symbols of affluence (along with vacation homes, furs and fancy jewelry), such a ban could be a two-fer: Saving the planet while cutting economic inequality.

Chris Davies, a British member of the European Parliament, is proposing one of the most-extreme measures -- a prohibition on any car that goes faster than 162 kilometers (101 miles) an hour, a speed that everything from the humble Honda Civic on up can exceed. He ridiculed fast cars as ``boys' toys.''

There is NO human cause for global warming\!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All U Aholes was not Egypt a lush plain back in the pharoah's time??? YES

So what happened???? Automobiles, Coalplants ?? No it just happens

They have found alligators and Rhino's frozen in Siberia is this true or not???

YES it is so what happened in Siberia it went from hot to freezing?? Global Cooling???

Which is it cooling or warming???????????????

Go back and kiss your tree.

I think the automakers should and can do more to make vehicles more fuel effiecent.

It seems like everyone from GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, BMW, Porsche and many others are either developing or have vehicles with 500 horsepower. Really, come on, tell me what is the point of a car with 500 hp? Don't get me wrong I like speed, I like horsepower but that's not what we (as a country and as a world) need right now. And frankly, I think the automakers can do both, create a vehicle with excellent fuel economy and 300+horsepower (300 btw is plenty of hp for all but the largest, heaviest vehicles produced.) Instead of the horsepower war that the manufactures are having right now, why not put those same enginneers to work on fuel effiecency? These vehicles will sell in volumes greater than those with 500hp.

What good did the Ford GT ever do for Ford? Halo, cars really don't make sense.

I think the automakers should and can do more to make vehicles more fuel effiecent.

It seems like everyone from GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, BMW, Porsche and many others are either developing or have vehicles with 500 horsepower. Really, come on, tell me what is the point of a car with 500 hp? Don't get me wrong I like speed, I like horsepower but that's not what we (as a country and as a world) need right now. And frankly, I think the automakers can do both, create a vehicle with excellent fuel economy and 300+horsepower (300 btw is plenty of hp for all but the largest, heaviest vehicles produced.) Instead of the horsepower war that the manufactures are having right now, why not put those same enginneers to work on fuel effiecency? These vehicles will sell in volumes greater than those with 500hp.

What good did the Ford GT ever do for Ford? Halo, cars really don't make sense.

I thank u tree huggers should stay off computers because of the radioactive waste they make and turn off your A/C and do not turn your furnace on this winter and don't make any fires because that pollutes also. And please do not use a toilet because that's polluted also. Don't use a cell phone either, and tell all of your friends ( movie stars, rock stars, Mr. Gore) to stop flying on airplanes because they use more gas in one trip then i'll use in my lifetime!!!!!!!!!

F**K Al Gore and the rest of his tree hugging assholes. Global warming is an exaggeration for scientists to get money to throw at a non existant problem. When I was 8 it was 90 in the summer. Now, at 48 it is 90 in the summer. BFD

Uh . .

yeah , we automakers already did that

Honda is STOPPING production of Hybrid Accord and Insight

BECAUSE PEOPLE DO NOT BUY these more fuel efficent vehicles! (at least not in volumes that make profits)

Auto making is a business, and like all other businesses the reason we exist is to make profits

Certainly there are customers looking to buy fuel efficiency and there are customers who want sport cars

if you REALLY want to reduce/eliminate green house gases and you want all other consumers to be forced into this, ask AlGore to BAN private transportation ENTIRELY. Why limit this to sport car drivers or SUV drivers or families that need/want a big vehicle for safety?

Save the planet, destroy ALL cars!!!

Uh . .

yeah , we automakers already did that

Honda is STOPPING production of Hybrid Accord and Insight

BECAUSE PEOPLE DO NOT BUY these more fuel efficent vehicles! (at least not in volumes that make profits)

Auto making is a business, and like all other businesses the reason we exist is to make profits

Certainly there are customers looking to buy fuel efficiency and there are customers who want sport cars

if you REALLY want to reduce/eliminate green house gases and you want all other consumers to be forced into this, ask AlGore to BAN private transportation ENTIRELY. Why limit this to sport car drivers or SUV drivers or families that need/want a big vehicle for safety?

Save the planet, destroy ALL cars!!!

FUCK AL GORE AND ALL THE OTHER TREE HUGGERS :slap: :slap: :slap: :slug: :slug: :banmolest: :kissass: :whipped:

I find it amazing that the UAW continues to throw thier support behind the Democrats, when they are the boneheads behing the new CAFE standards. I could really care less who people vote for, but don't expect me to vote a certain way just because I am a dues paying member. Keep politics out of it! And if you think for one second that I am going to heed the voice of one lard ass ex VP with nothing better to do than run jet around the country telling me I have to drive a more fuel efficient car, keep my heat lower, don't drink bottled water, and cut out all the things in my life that he seems to think are ok for him to do, your crazy. I hate it when a person decides to re-invent himself at the american public's expense. What a shame it is whenever a scientist comes out in opposition of the global warming theory. He is shamed in the media, looked upon like a kook. Global warming is exactly what the earth was scheduled to do. Want to drive a more fuel efficient car? They are out there, go buy one. But don't let government regulate what you drive. Last time I checked, that is the start of Communism.

I find it amazing that the UAW continues to throw thier support behind the Democrats, when they are the boneheads behing the new CAFE standards. I could really care less who people vote for, but don't expect me to vote a certain way just because I am a dues paying member. Keep politics out of it! And if you think for one second that I am going to heed the voice of one lard ass ex VP with nothing better to do than run jet around the country telling me I have to drive a more fuel efficient car, keep my heat lower, don't drink bottled water, and cut out all the things in my life that he seems to think are ok for him to do, your crazy. I hate it when a person decides to re-invent himself at the american public's expense. What a shame it is whenever a scientist comes out in opposition of the global warming theory. He is shamed in the media, looked upon like a kook. Global warming is exactly what the earth was scheduled to do. Want to drive a more fuel efficient car? They are out there, go buy one. But don't let government regulate what you drive. Last time I checked, that is the start of Communism.

Wow, someone else who builds cars who finally gets it. As more people discover most of this stuff is no more than smoke and mirrors, you are going to have a bunch of pissed off Americans for sure.

The problem remains------------>While the Americas do have their specific problems, will those problems with new solutions over ride the obvious?

That is the TRILLION dollar question as this election arrives! If we have been convinced, not only are we going to solve certain problems, but we will now create a hell of a lot more too.

It is not about any certain party, it is about reasonable logic and solutions!

How unfortunate for all of us, we are relegated to choosing between bad and worse, as our politicians insist that they will go to the extremes to show the differences between them.......and their opposition.

QUESTION------------>why does the political pendulum swing from one side to the other without ever stopping in the middle where most of America resides?

The most POWERFUL group of people in this country (the MIDDLE) is under represented more than any other group.

I suppose that is because you are to busy working to find time to lobby congress like those on the far left or right, and aren't we all happy they write the legislation that controls all of us, while we pay the money through taxes that support not only them, but THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

If we use a little initiative to involve ourselves, these people in the minority become nothing............but if we are to busy to work as a lobby together, than we are honestly dumb...........since enough people on here have shown exactly how this works, and as I write this, we should all be aware of the power the vast minority wields, just because they have a little time to write.

Wow, someone else who builds cars who finally gets it. As more people discover most of this stuff is no more than smoke and mirrors, you are going to have a bunch of pissed off Americans for sure.

The problem remains------------>While the Americas do have their specific problems, will those problems with new solutions over ride the obvious?

That is the TRILLION dollar question as this election arrives! If we have been convinced, not only are we going to solve certain problems, but we will now create a hell of a lot more too.

It is not about any certain party, it is about reasonable logic and solutions!

How unfortunate for all of us, we are relegated to choosing between bad and worse, as our politicians insist that they will go to the extremes to show the differences between them.......and their opposition.

QUESTION------------>why does the political pendulum swing from one side to the other without ever stopping in the middle where most of America resides?

The most POWERFUL group of people in this country (the MIDDLE) is under represented more than any other group.

I suppose that is because you are to busy working to find time to lobby congress like those on the far left or right, and aren't we all happy they write the legislation that controls all of us, while we pay the money through taxes that support not only them, but THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

If we use a little initiative to involve ourselves, these people in the minority become nothing............but if we are to busy to work as a lobby together, than we are honestly dumb...........since enough people on here have shown exactly how this works, and as I write this, we should all be aware of the power the vast minority wields, just because they have a little time to write.

If they compose the e-mails on particular issues, it's simple to copy and paste them on all of the important sights within seconds! I'm indebted to you for opening my eyes, Thanks man!