Democrats Kill Chrysler Imperial

nemechek

Thanks to the new and improved Democrat Congress we now have lost more UAW jobs. Since the Dems want to raise the corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) Chrysler has decided to kill the new Imperial. I just want to know why Gettelfinger is not screaming loud and long about this nonsense. If an American wants a car that gets 12 miles to the gallon then so be it. Way to go Ronny. You and your snot-nosed big wigs in the UAW always wanting the democrats in control. See what you get...more jobs lost. Your silence Ronny is deafening!!!!

Thanks to the new and improved Democrat Congress we now have lost more UAW jobs. Since the Dems want to raise the corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) Chrysler has decided to kill the new Imperial. I just want to know why Gettelfinger is not screaming loud and long about this nonsense. If an American wants a car that gets 12 miles to the gallon then so be it. Way to go Ronny. You and your snot-nosed big wigs in the UAW always wanting the democrats in control. See what you get...more jobs lost. Your silence Ronny is deafening!!!!

It was a cool car, but....the wrong car at the wrong time.

It is amazing how the UAW acts as a Klingon to the Democrats. About this time next year we are going to be seeing/hearing the UAW tout the wonderful vurtues of the Democratic Party. For the past 30 years, the Democrats promised trade reform and health care reform and we have gotten nothing. With the CAFE thing, Ron G should have been on the phone to Hillary and Obama saying "you remember Michigan, you know the state that was one of the swing states in the last two elections? I can assure you if you vote for this measure, you WILL NOT get our endorsement or support next year. Period. Please think about this and have a great day."

I am neither republican or democrat, and I think that the political "leadership" and politics are worse now than at any point in history. Thankfully, Bush will probably veto this assinine bill, and we'll be back at square one. Folks like Reid and Feinstien- boarderline communists who pander to the immoral fringes of Hollywood- make Bush look like a genius, and that my friends should be scaring the heck out of people.

Hmmmm......

Is'nt Gettelfinger on the board at Chrysler??

There is no justification for Chrysler's investment in what is essentially the Hummer of four-door sedans.

how so?

the Imperial is to the 300 what the Town Car is to the Crown Vic.

Does that mean the Town Car is a Hummer?

how so?

the Imperial is to the 300 what the Town Car is to the Crown Vic.

Does that mean the Town Car is a Hummer?

Who gives a shit about the Imperial? It was a wannabe car that never had the prestige of a Cadillac or Lincoln.

Remember the K-car Imperials? LOL! That car was easily justified because it cost almost nothing to make it. All they did was slap some vinyl on the roof and some hidden headlamps on a Dodge Aries/Plymouth Reliant. Oh yeah and it had a 4-cyl.

An easy way to bring back the Imperial is literally slap some unique trim and features on a 300C and call it a day.

It is amazing how the UAW acts as a Klingon to the Democrats. About this time next year we are going to be seeing/hearing the UAW tout the wonderful vurtues of the Democratic Party. For the past 30 years, the Democrats promised trade reform and health care reform and we have gotten nothing. With the CAFE thing, Ron G should have been on the phone to Hillary and Obama saying "you remember Michigan, you know the state that was one of the swing states in the last two elections? I can assure you if you vote for this measure, you WILL NOT get our endorsement or support next year. Period. Please think about this and have a great day."

I am neither republican or democrat, and I think that the political "leadership" and politics are worse now than at any point in history. Thankfully, Bush will probably veto this assinine bill, and we'll be back at square one. Folks like Reid and Feinstien- boarderline communists who pander to the immoral fringes of Hollywood- make Bush look like a genius, and that my friends should be scaring the heck out of people.

Let's not forget that scarecrow Nancy Pelosi either! And as far as the UAW endorsing Democrats... What else is there to say?

Huh, I already ride public transportation to my job. Much cheaper than driving in everyday, sitting in the traffic burning gas, and then paying $30/wk to park. $59/mo for unlimited bus/train use is a much better deal. Then I still have my car to drive wherever I need to after work or on weekends. I've been nothing but happy with my public transportation, not to mention that this time of year you're always apt to get to sit next to some very attractive females on the bus/train, much better than just honking at them while driving :)