2008 F-150: Ten Ways F-150 Stands Out From the Pack

range

I believe other than cosmetic, the King Ranch is pretty much the same except it has some amazing leather seats. I'm not fond of the color they chose for it though. I think Lariat gives you more than you need, sans the expensive KR Leather, but Lariat you have more fliexibility on options and colors.

The King Ranch also has power folding mirrors standard (and not available on the Lariat?), which is a consideration if you plan to garage it.

The King Ranch also has power folding mirrors standard (and not available on the Lariat?), which is a consideration if you plan to garage it.

:rolleyes:

If your garage isn't large enough to fit an F-150 without folding the mirrors, I'd say there's a pretty good chance you probably don't need an F-150.

Or park the thing outside!! It's a truck. It's supposed to get dirty.

have to admit from an engineering/ design standpoint the F-150 is head and shoulders, and the 09 should up the anti...seems all the niggly problems have been refined to the point that they are now no longer a problem so yoda and crew should be afraid.....hopefully ford has some balls when it comes to the exterior styling to make it STAND OUT!~

Well, IMO we don't want it to stand out too much (be ugly -like tundra).

Doubt it. 3 weeks before purchasing my truck I sanded the bed of the g/f's dad's truck with 80 grit to spray in a bedliner. Then I sanded mine. Judging by how fast I burned through all the coating and hit bare metal there is significantly less film build on my 07 compared to his 01 and this is significant because you need 2 dry mils (after the coating has dried and the solvent has escaped) of clearcoat alone for maximum UV protection regardless of how many coats of clear were applied. While I haven't hit my bed with our electronic mil gauge there is no way in hell there is more than 4 dry mils total of all the coatings from the bare metal to the top.

While I doubt cracking/crazing/crow's feet will be an issue IMO fading especially with transparent colors like my fire engine red truck will be quite dramatic.

My Mustang dry mil'd 4.5-4.6 mils and it was extremely brittle which led to major rocks chipping in 36.8K miles. Very pathetic in 2006 or 2007.

Worth noting: My Mustang was full of moderate orange peel while my truck is slick and considering these vehicles are painted by robot there is no excuse for orange peel.

i mil guaged my Ranger a while back and if i remember right, there was somewhere around 5.8 Mils of material on it. I had to polish out some scratches on the bedside and hit it with some 1500 DA and some 3000 Trizact from 3M. after polishing i removed around .3 Mils so i should still be ok. clearcoat should be between 2.0-2.4 Mils and ill try to mil it again on Monday at work if i remember. We also have a E350 Super Duty if you want me to mil that as well for comparison. Neither have had paintwork performed other than me painting the bumpers on my Ranger to match body color.

And the F-150 back up camera is also a better (safer) design......

"The industry’s only other truck application requires drivers to look down at the navigation screen as they’re reversing. "

Of course the truck is so tall now you can't see out the back window, but details, details....

Now if they would actually advertise these things..

Do you OWN a TV, because aside from V6 Mustang, it's the only Ford they advertise...other than Five Hundread like mad in 2005....