Did We Really Make Fun of the Chinese Crash Test?

BlackHorse

Will you people make up your mind?

One day CR is relevant because they favored Ford.

Next day they're the devil because the opposite happened.

I've never been a fan of CR. Their methodologies are just bizarre at times. The only reason I praise anything positive CR says about Ford is because the sheeple out there take what they say as gospel for some unknown reason.

It's kind of like a political group you hate endorsing a candidate you actually like. Just because they endorse someone you like doesn't mean you approve of the political group any more. It just means you'll likely get more votes for your candidate.

Edited by NickF1011

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you read the methodology for that thing? They actually bothered to use Consumer Reports' studies on safety. CR's safety scores include SEAT COMFORT?? :huh:

LOL, I'm not surprised. But I'd rather post the data and let everyone see and weigh it for themselves then just make reference to it and say "go look it up" like numb nuts does.

Back in the day I pointed out a Mini was safer than an F150.

Of course all I got was denial and torches.

Don't expect any objectivity here as long as Ford is involved.

I don't believe a Mini has ever been safer than any 1/2 ton truck let alone an F150. As for small cars the Mini is not rated that well. Recently Mini did not do that well, but Nissan did. But I am sure it still gets creamed when it hits a 1/2 ton.

Oh the guys are perfectly capable of being objective pc. I knew some of them would get pissed when I posted this video. But I think if we are going to poke fun at that junky ass Chinese Brilliance car we should recognize that we have some skeletons in our own closet in the very recent past.

That was pretty poor. I would not want to own it.

Find me a video on a Tahoe and an F250! :)

Peace and Blessings

BS6 test was an NCAP test, the vehicle isn't even for sale in the states.

PC, I find it humorous how you jump from one argument to the next. First it was crash worthiness? Now a rollover score? What next because it doesn't have 5 cupholders? Regardless as to what consumer reports said or did not say......if a vehicle holds up to a crash and protects occupants (which is what you were arguing about) who gives a damn about seat how comfortable seats are?

Your inconsistent troll-esque banter is rather pointless.....as usual. Don't you have something better to do with you free time?

You still haven't addressed the first post in this page, Michael Reynolds.

If I was focusing on "crash worthiness" as you now say, why did you come up with all that crap in your list?

Because you KNEW the focus was on safety and responsibility as a whole.

Nice way of rushing your way out of a corner.

Edited by pcsario

You still haven't addressed the first post in this page.

If I was focusing on "crash worthiness", why did you bring all that crap up?

The focus was on safety and responsability as a whole.

Let's pull up video of every vehicle that went on sale in 1996 and see how they all compare in crash worthiness. I'm sure there are plenty of other vehicles that did just as poorly. Context, people.

The Toyota Camry sold from 2002-2006 had a POOR side impact rating.

The Dodge Dakota sold from 1997-2004 had a POOR frontal impact rating.

The Scion xB sold from 2004-PRESENT has a POOR side impact rating.

The Honda Element sold from 2003-PRESENT has a POOR side impact rating.

The Hyundai Accent sold from 2006-PRESENT has a POOR side impact rating.

The Toyota Corolla sold from 2003-PRESENT has a POOR side impact rating.

Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, and Dodge didn't keep selling their old products because of greed, like Ford did... repeatedly.

Hell Dodge even spent millions improving their OLD minivan, even when the new one was just around the corner.

It's just inexcusable that Ford kept willingly selling those vehicles, way longer than they should.

Edited by pcsario

Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, and Dodge didn't keep selling their old products because of greed, like Ford did... repeatedly.

Hell Dodge even spent millions improving their OLD minivan, even when the new one was just around the corner.

It's just inexcusable that Ford keeps selling outdated vehicles long after their time has passed.

Did you miss the entire group at the bottom of my list that are STILL BEING SOLD? Like I said before, Ford is no different than any other automaker in selling vehicles for profits above safety. Should Toyota be forced to pull the Corolla and xB from the market immediately? What about that Hyundai Accent or Honda Element? Why do they get a pass but Ford is "doing it out of greed"?

Let's pull up video of every vehicle that went on sale in 1996 and see how they all compare in crash worthiness. I'm sure there are plenty of other vehicles that did just as poorly. Context, people.

The Toyota Camry sold from 2002-2006 had a POOR side impact rating.

The Dodge Dakota sold from 1997-2004 had a POOR frontal impact rating.

The Scion xB sold from 2004-PRESENT has a POOR side impact rating.

The Honda Element sold from 2003-PRESENT has a POOR side impact rating.

The Hyundai Accent sold from 2006-PRESENT has a POOR side impact rating.

The Toyota Corolla sold from 2003-PRESENT has a POOR side impact rating.

Still not the point fellas. The point is where do we get off making fun of the Chinese car and acting like ours are oh so great and wonderful when right now there are far more F150's on the road that did just as poorly in the same crash test as the Chinese car did? It doesn't matter that Ford made the F150 better, great, that's wonderful and I'm glad they did. But it doesn't change the reality that there's a hell of a lot more people behind the wheel of the truck in the video I posted then will ever be behind the wheel of this Brilliance. I think maybe we should just get off our high horse and shut the hell up about it.

Did you miss the entire group at the bottom of my list that are STILL BEING SOLD?

Why do they get a pass but Ford is "doing it out of greed"?

Well you talk about context. Lets talk about context then.

Any of those vehicles, save for the Hyundai (a b-car) are unlikely to be the top candidates of any "Most unsafe cars in America" list. As we all saw with the Ranger, its reputation comes from far more than a simple rating.

The F150 was on a class all of its own. As was the Sport Trac. As is the Ranger.

Honda, Toyota, and Hyundai, don't sell their vehicles any longer than they should.

The current Sport Trac was an after thought due to public pressure and bad PR. Ford had no intentions of replacing it soon, just like the Ranger.

Out of all the brands in your list, tell me WHICH one would ever do that with one of their vehicle lines.

Just ONE.

I'm keep my reservations until I see tests for the US version since it has to meet our standards before being sold here. For all we know it will end up 5 stars all around. (Though I seriously doubt it) Most likely it will be adorned with lead paint and have small magnets that can choke children.

Still not the point fellas. The point is where do we get off making fun of the Chinese car and acting like ours are oh so great and wonderful when right now there are far more F150's on the road that did just as poorly in the same crash test as the Chinese car did? It doesn't matter that Ford made the F150 better, great, that's wonderful and I'm glad they did. But it doesn't change the reality that there's a hell of a lot more people behind the wheel of the truck in the video I posted then will ever be behind the wheel of this Brilliance. I think maybe we should just get off our high horse and shut the hell up about it.

The F-150 and that Chinese monstrosity were never subjected to the "same test" as you claim, so directly comparing the two is impossible. By all accounts (from people with half a brain anyway) the F-150 is a far safer vehicle. Again, you don't know the specific measurements of both tests. The F-150 actually did well on the NHTSA frontal impact test, meaning that it's not entirely poor in its design. That Brilliance did almost poor enough to not even be sold in Russia!!! :hysterical:

Well you talk about context. Lets talk about context then.

Any of those vehicles, save for the Hyundai (a b-car) are unlikely to be the top candidates of any "Most unsafe cars in America" list. As we all saw with the Ranger, its reputation comes from far more than a simple rating.

The F150 was on a class all of its own. As was the Sport Trac. As is the Ranger.

Honda, Toyota, and Hyundai, don't sell their vehicles any longer than they should.

The current Sport Trac was an after thought due to public pressure and bad PR. Ford had no intentions of replacing it soon, just like the Ranger.

Out of all the brands in your list, tell me WHICH one would ever do that with one of their vehicle lines.

Just ONE.

An unsafe vehicle is an unsafe vehicle. Whether one is sold for 10 years and one for 3 years is irrelevant, especially when the one that was sold for 10 years was no longer sold when these supposedly "newer and safer" vehicles are still getting POOR ratings (which the Ranger did not get, by the way).

Errr... that's not the whole story.

Look at one of the many "Top 10 most dangerous vehicles on the road today" stories, Ranger is a favorite.

The F150 isn't the only example of Ford's greed either, there was also the Sport Trac.

The Fusion launched with mediocre safety work and didn't even had standard ABS.

Don't even try to pretend Ford cares about their customers lives.

As I said their newfound motivation comes from the legal dept.

What 07 cars in the Fusion league have standard ABS? Not Cobalt or Corolla. The Rabbit and Civic do. But they are ~$2k and $3k more respectively. Those are the only ones I checked.

Only Rabbit has optional stability control. None of the others offer it.

Focus should have head air bag option and rear head rests.

Other than that price wise they are the same as a number of their competitors that are like priced to $3K more. $17k for a Civic!!!

Regardless, I am not as impressed with the crash test rating of the Focus.

No 07 Mini stats at Edmunds or KBB???...

Also, that Mini is $20k. $5k more than a Focus. Sure hope its worth more.

I love the generalizations. Maybe that is few put much weight into your posts.

An unsafe vehicle is an unsafe vehicle. Whether one is sold for 10 years and one for 3 years is irrelevant, especially when the one that was sold for 10 years was no longer sold when these supposedly "newer and safer" vehicles are still getting POOR ratings (which the Ranger did not get, by the way).

You don't rank near the top in the "Most dangerous vehicles in America" countdown just because you have the same ratings as other vehicles in specific areas. That's the key part you keep missing. I doubt Honda or Toyota will keep selling them long after their time has passed, and they're hardly comparable.

And indeed, drawing parallels between those and true deathtraps like the Sport Trac, F150, and Ranger is ridiculous. An Element is as unsafe as the 2004 Heritage Edition F150? C'mon Nick...

f150.jpg

And for the last time, Ranger made it near the top of the list for more reasons than merely getting a "POOR" rating.

Edited by pcsario

Don't even try to pretend Ford cares about their customers lives.

So by this statement is the new 2008 Taurus also a death trap???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRgZgS9ieY

Listen close. Yes it is a commercial, but you can't fake that stuff. The most 5 star crash test ratings of any car company in the country.

Edited by 2005Explorer

No, I was quite clear.

What about the Ranger? Another icon showing how little Ford values human life.

Ford NA simply doesn't care about the safety of their customers as long as they're making money.

They're no better than Chery in my book. They willingly keep selling deathtraps every day.

Seems they only try to make their new vehicles safe, to minimize lost revenue to lawsuits.

We can't blame the past for everything, this is still happening.

No, I was quite clear.

You said that Ford does not care about a customer's life. Why do they now have more 5 star rated vehicles then any other car company? What a waste of money if they don't care. You never answered my question....is the 2008 Taurus a death trap???

If you feel the Ranger is unsafe then by all means...DON'T BUY ONE.

Oh for fucks sake, address that post already Michael Reynolds. The only one scrambling and running away is you.

Why do you keep ignoring the Ranger, Michael?

Ford willingly keeps selling it despite its death trap status, purely because of greed.

BTW, most if not all the things you listed came AFTER public events & lawsuits.

To this date at Ford, safety isn't standard, but an option whenever possible.

Thanks for proving my point.

2005Explorer, I've been quite clear, please re-read the thread, thanks.

The answer is right above your post anyway.

Edited by pcsario