2008 Mountaineer Meaning of Late Availability Question

I would like to know when the 2008 Mountaineer's will be producing the "Mercury Sync" system as well as the 20" wheel option. I have been watching people talk about the Job 2 order. What does that mean and when will they be available +or - time frame. We currently have a 2004 Mountaineer and have been offered an "early bird" buy out offer. I would like to get the 2008 Mountaineer with all the bells and whistles and the two options listed above. I don't want to leave the lease until those late avail options are built. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I would like to know when the 2008 Mountaineer's will be producing the "Mercury Sync" system as well as the 20" wheel option. I have been watching people talk about the Job 2 order. What does that mean and when will they be available +or - time frame. We currently have a 2004 Mountaineer and have been offered an "early bird" buy out offer. I would like to get the 2008 Mountaineer with all the bells and whistles and the two options listed above. I don't want to leave the lease until those late avail options are built. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Typically it's 1-2 months after job 1 but I don't know in this specific case. Could be as late as January.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you.

I didn't know they began offering 20s on the Mountaineer, what do they look like?

"Job 2" is a new term to me. Is this a typical thing for Ford, to have a planned time for late availability features?

Hi mkaresh! :D No, there is no "planned" time frame. Of course, while everything is "planned", it is not "planned" in the way I believe you mean (I think I just hurt my brain with that statement :hysterical: :eek5:) . There is really no way to predict "Job 2", "Job 3" etc etc, updates.

When a vehicle begins a new model year production, it is considered a "Job 1" vehicle. If, at some point during production a change in equipment (or other change Ford deems notable enough) is made, the production run from that point on will be given a "Job 2" designation. If further changes are again made later in the same model year, the designation may become "Job 3", etc. On the other hand, if there are no changes made, a vehicle "may" be considered "Job 1" throughout its entire model year.

For example, I ordered a 2007 Lincoln MKZ (yes, I am a registered member of your site) on October 10, 2006. It was built on 11/7/06 and I took it home on 11/21/07. It was a "Job 1" vehicle, and that was about 4 months after the 2007's first started down the line. "Job 2" MKZ's came down the line sometime in January '07, over 5 months after "Job 1" started" (not sure why the "Job" change for those), and less than a month and a half later they were building "Job 3" vehicles (the main change in "Job 3" was a PCM/TCM reprogramming). For all I know, Lincoln may have been building "Job 4" MKZ's by the time they began switching the line over to 2008's!

If a bolt is updated, or the windshield wiper motor is replaced with an improved model, or a new trim piece added, the "Job #" can change.

So as you can see, no rhyme, reason or schedule. Again, if no changes deemed worthy of a "Job #" change are incorporated, it could be a long time before "Job #" changes.

Hope this information is helpful.

Good luck, and keep up the good work with the site. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thank you.

2008 Mercury Mountaineer Job #2 Premier

Begin Scheduling 08/16/2007

Begin Production 09/04/2007

2008 Mercury Mountaineer Job #3

Begin Scheduling 11/15/2007

Begin Production 11/28/2007

The SYNC option would have gone into production as of 09/04/2007. I don't have access to the 2008 Mountaineer Order Guide so I can't tell you anything about the 20" wheel option. From what I can tell, there are no commodity restrictions on the 20" wheel option for either the 2008 Explorer or Mountaineer.

I hope that this information helps!

• 2 weeks later...
20's are out on the lots now. Ran the first week of Dec. On Mountaineer and Explorer Limiteds. Wheel looks good.

There's the Explorer's 20" wheels according to the Ford website:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/util/uad/index...274&nType=1

I couldn't find a 20" wheel on the Mountaineer site, largest I could find was the 18" wheel, heres a link to the website if anybody else would like to look for it if I missed it somehow:

http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/mountaineer/

Edited by rmc523

There's the Explorer's 20" wheels according to the Ford website:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/util/uad/index...274&nType=1

I couldn't find a 20" wheel on the Mountaineer site, largest I could find was the 18" wheel, heres a link to the website if anybody else would like to look for it if I missed it somehow:

http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/mountaineer/

Same wheel, different center cap

Same wheel, different center cap

Same wheel as the Explorer's with a different center cap? That seems a little cheap to me. I suppose I can understand why, though, w/ the Mountaineer in such limited numbers, it doesn't make sense to produce another distinct wheel for it, when it's possible that not everybody will purchase it.

• 1 month later...
Same wheel as the Explorer's with a different center cap? That seems a little cheap to me. I suppose I can understand why, though, w/ the Mountaineer in such limited numbers, it doesn't make sense to produce another distinct wheel for it, when it's possible that not everybody will purchase it.

How many 2008 Moutaineers does Ford plan on producing?

• 2 weeks later...
How many 2008 Moutaineers does Ford plan on producing?

I'm not sure, what I meant by my comment was that Ford doesn't sell all that many of them no matter how many they make, not as in it's production numbers are being limited, sorry for the confusion.