IMST program

Did you get laid off yet? Or do you work day shift! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I hope you got laid off! That would be even funnier yet! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Or better yet... Maybe you are in the Resource Center right now supposedly attenting some sort of meeting about nothing, signed in and snuck out just to use the computers in the study room! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Nice grammar too! You insult us but you can't spell you're properly? And you criticize us for not having an education! asshole.gifasshole.gif

wait, the guy with the name 'bored of pisteon' is going to lecture me on grammar and english ? pisteon is not even a word....

Edited by Q-bert

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope ford just fucks you in the ass, your one of the sixty whiners of ford, grow up and learn how to work...

geez, no wonder i have a toyota. BTW i made more then you did last year.

now get back to WORK, if your even at work.

What a dick!! You already show your intelligence by driving a Toyota. If you get paid for knowledge you can't make that much!!

i was speaking of my current situation. i do not work at ford.

i did however, but i took the educational buyout last year.

am now enjoying it along with a '07 camry.

And just take you and all your loyalty and drive that Toyota into the sunset!! By the way where would you be if Ford woujdn't have given you that buyout?

Honda and Toyota trades do a variety of skillls BUT they DON"T work on the production lines!!! I don't know what you think of the union but I feel they are suppose to uphold our contract that we vote on every 3 or 4 years not to allow the company to open the contact and change it whenever they want!! Yes we do give the union the right to bargain for us AT BARGAINING TIME!! And if I remember corectly after they bargain and before it becomes effect WE VOTE!!!! Our union contract book is NOT suppose to be a suggestion book!!

apologies for the delay-have been drafting the next pilot program for lep-it is the worst kept secret in the world that SOME trades work their entire shifts but a depressing majority do not-understand that there are circumstances involved-but it grates on everyone to see reading/sleeping/card games while being paid-where i come from that philosophy is one of illegality-we always called it prostitution-because lets face the facts-if you are screwing someone for money(ford motor company counts) then it is prostitution. on another note-the record states that meetings were held by both the company and the local union over the imt program-had an opportunity to sit in on one of those meetings-ONCE AGAIN-THIS IS THE FUTURE-CHANGE OR DIE-what kind of announcement does lep want to hear late this fall? NEW BUSINESS OR CLOSURE?

apologies for the delay-have been drafting the next pilot program for lep-it is the worst kept secret in the world that SOME trades work their entire shifts but a depressing majority do not-understand that there are circumstances involved-but it grates on everyone to see reading/sleeping/card games while being paid-where i come from that philosophy is one of illegality-we always called it prostitution-because lets face the facts-if you are screwing someone for money(ford motor company counts) then it is prostitution. on another note-the record states that meetings were held by both the company and the local union over the imt program-had an opportunity to sit in on one of those meetings-ONCE AGAIN-THIS IS THE FUTURE-CHANGE OR DIE-what kind of announcement does lep want to hear late this fall? NEW BUSINESS OR CLOSURE?

Some how I doubt the utilization of maintenance for production is that detrimental to their staying open! Although I don't feel bad that their being made to work. Their the highest paid in their field, even union hall card holder don't get company paid benefits (with the exception of their pension), they have to pay their own medical and don't work as steadily. They also aren't called to work until the previous trade has the job ready! Example, you won't see a electrician payed while waiting for a millwright to hang a fan so that the can wire it! You also won't find an electrician who can't adjust their own fan without a millwright!!

I have nothing against trades, but I don't understand! You guys get paid more for your knowledge of repair, the difference is now that rather than playing cards between repairs they are making you guys work! I have to work every min. I'm on the line the difference is I make less per hour, and don't get the opportunity to work during shut down! I think the shocker may be that for so many years you guys where not made to work steadily! Maybe this will discourage people taking trades jobs for the purpose of getting it easier! I would gladly do your job (maintenance and line work) just to get the pay increase! I use to work at a union shop where even the shop stewards (committeemen) performed production jobs and had to be relieved to handle union business! Moreover the only additional benefit they received besides the base pay for the classification they worked in, was they didn't have to pay union dues as long as they attended the meetings! So, if they worked as a lift driver then they got paid lift driver wages per hour for every hour they worked, and didn't have to pay dues as long as they attended the union meetings! They didn't get paid what the line goes, nor did they get paid equal to the highest hourly rate in the plant!

What is it you don't understand? The trades get paid more for their knowledge of repair. PERIOD!! You are not born with that it takes years of schooling and experience to get that. Supervision and engineering sit around all the time and you don't complain about that. If the trades are not busy then the company is making money! Go to school and and put in the time and you can become a tradesman/woman.

What is it you don't understand? The trades get paid more for their knowledge of repair. PERIOD!! You are not born with that it takes years of schooling and experience to get that. Supervision and engineering sit around all the time and you don't complain about that. If the trades are not busy then the company is making money! Go to school and and put in the time and you can become a tradesman/woman.

Not likely the company is tying to outsource them! I likely will never get the opportunity thanks to the status qua!

Since you sat in on one of those closed meetings you must be a company asshole or union asshole that is trying to destroy the trades. We need to put your ass back out on the floor!!! and stop giving away all our jobs!!

Since you sat in on one of those closed meetings you must be a company asshole or union asshole that is trying to destroy the trades. We need to put your ass back out on the floor!!! and stop giving away all our jobs!!

That's right make them do a production job while handling union duties, while only paying him what he works at the rate for the classification that he works in! I'm not sure if they know who works for who!

If it wasn't for the tradesman keeping your line or machine running you wouldn't have a job Einstein!!

spoken like true old fart.

no wonder ford cant be profitable!

most of the time i had to go wake one of you lazy fucks up!

now i'm done with that...

if you all bankrupt ford, you have yourself to blame.

The Problem with the UAW at all levels is LEADERSHIP the same goes for the company. The membership needs to start voting for people that can lead the union in the global economy. Their are not any free thinkers in the Union or Company leadership. They are all sheep and follow the the corporate or international union Shepard. We need to start voting for people that have an original idea and a vision instead of having a popularity contest for these jobs. With good leadership the Union could work on changing and pressuring the current management into making the decisions to change for the better or be severed from the company. We must start holding management accountable for their inadequacies if we are to thrive and keep our wages at a superior level the days of what the boss says goes are done. If they cannot answer the question of common sense they must go and it is our responsibility to question their decisions if it does not make good sense. This is the time to step-up and be a leader in your plant and force management to make changes and the right decisions. The status quo will only mean more pay cuts and give backs. Take charge of your destiny be a part of the solution and not part of the problem, be proud of what we can accomplish by speaking out and leading the way. Be a leader not a follower.

The Problem with the UAW at all levels is LEADERSHIP the same goes for the company. The membership needs to start voting for people that can lead the union in the global economy. Their are not any free thinkers in the Union or Company leadership. They are all sheep and follow the the corporate or international union Shepard. We need to start voting for people that have an original idea and a vision instead of having a popularity contest for these jobs. With good leadership the Union could work on changing and pressuring the current management into making the decisions to change for the better or be severed from the company. We must start holding management accountable for their inadequacies if we are to thrive and keep our wages at a superior level the days of what the boss says goes are done. If they cannot answer the question of common sense they must go and it is our responsibility to question their decisions if it does not make good sense. This is the time to step-up and be a leader in your plant and force management to make changes and the right decisions. The status quo will only mean more pay cuts and give backs. Take charge of your destiny be a part of the solution and not part of the problem, be proud of what we can accomplish by speaking out and leading the way. Be a leader not a follower.

Sounds like a pep talk I would give, great post! However the company will not take away anything unless we allow it! That is if they would like to continue building vehicles!

Edited by Furious1Auto

someone else fucking the dog is not an excuse for you to do it.

Where wold he be if Ford haven't given him a job? IMGP0112.jpgmcdonaldsss.gifththronaldmad3rn0gu.gif

Seriously, spelling the word would correctly would have made this come across a whole lot better. I’ll bet you that kid working at McDonalds making a whole lot less then you can spell the word would correctly.

what an incredible grasp of the english language you seem to have. did you learn it in all of your alleged years of schooling? i have 30 years with this company and have spent every one of them on the shop floor.

someone else fucking the dog is not an excuse for you to do it.

I don't pretend tp say that all trdesman/women work hard and or give a shit but the majority want to make a difference. Right now rhe main topic is production levels and when problems arise the IMT is pressured to put bandages on them so they can get back to their production jobs. The union is not monitoring this and when they complain they are told there are no rules this is a pilot program. I for one do not want a production worker to work his/her ass off just because the IMSTs are stuck on a machine or line and do not get the time to properly troubleshoot and or fix problems. In our plant they are working some trades around the clock 7 days a week because their is to much work to do and they got behind. But the union will not allow the company to pull the same trade IMST out to help. The IMST is allowed/forced to work in other departments on the weekend (that they are not running production in their own department) but is not allowed to bump there. How screwed up is that?? Only thing is that the company is building a case to farm work out to outside contractors because their won't be enough trades to do it. DON'T GIVE AWAY OUR JOBS!!! They already farm most of our toolrom work out even though it was proven to the company that we could do it cheaper! Our layout room is run by another company now along with our cleaners, dyno room, overhead lighting,some material handling, security cameras and rumor has it that the our power house is going to be run by ouside contractors!! This all used to be done in house.All this has happened in the last 3 years!! STOP giving away our jobs!!! If the trades are forced to do production jobs then that is production jobs out the door too!!

what an incredible grasp of the english language you seem to have. did you learn it in all of your alleged years of schooling? i have 30 years with this company and have spent every one of them on the shop floor.

Your lucky because none of our shop floor workers even get a peak of what's going on behind those closed doors. It's just union and company. When we asked to have a meeting with the international about our dissatisfactions with this program the union hand picked their own suckasses to talk to them and they were in and out without anyone knowing it!! By the way, if you are production, when a IMT comes and kicks you off your job see how you sing then!! We have 30 year trades that can't even hold their shift because of this program and don't think they aren't pissed!!

Your lucky because none of our shop floor workers even get a peak of what's going on behind those closed doors. It's just union and company. When we asked to have a meeting with the international about our dissatisfactions with this program the union hand picked their own suckasses to talk to them and they were in and out without anyone knowing it!! By the way, if you are production, when a IMT comes and kicks you off your job see how you sing then!! We have 30 year trades that can't even hold their shift because of this program and don't think they aren't pissed!!

and theres probably 2-3 thousand of us in the system

you need to go grab a international rep by the throat and dont let them go until senority is properly addressed

you need to go grab a international rep by the throat and dont let them go until senority is properly addressed

Our international rep made a mess of our local before he went to the international so he won't do us any good but alot of us would still like to grab him by the throat!!! and throw his back on the floor to live with the mess he got us into!! I really wish we could vote in/out the international reps!! That would definetly make the union work alot harder!! They don't have to live with the decisions they make and neither does the local (that is until we kick them back to the floor) The person said that "WE NEED TO TAKE BACK OUR UNION" was correct. Our contract has been open since the day it was signed!! Getting rid of the trades would make the unions jobs alot easier and we can't allow that to happen!! Trades taking production jobs? NO!! Departmental seniority? NO!! Outside contractors taking the trades jobs? NO!!