• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very surprised and impressed by how many actually voted.Over 1000 people voted...unreal.Just by the numbers Tucker has alot of work to do before the runoff.I'm guessing he needs atleast 90% of the people who voted for Barney and Kurt to come over his way and probably more if Scott's supporters vote in the same numbers.

It is very easy to sit back and throw excrement at the wall to see what sticks when we are all anonymous, but the membership can not be fooled. If you think the union leadership sheep, confront them, get involved, then you will see how mistaken you are! The union is only as good as it's membership, the more involved and committed, the stronger the local and it's leaders.

We now have a choice between two candidates for Chairperson, I know both individuals very well, and my choice will be Scott Smith. Some say he is arrogant, I say is confident. Some say he is inexperienced, I say he knows more about all areas of plant than any other. When the plant Chair was away whom did the committeepeople go to for advice, the Alternate Plant Chairperson? No! They went to Scott Smith, ask your committeeperson, they will tell you. He has a very long career ahead of him in local 1520, and has what it takes to become a good leader. He will be able to concentrate on local issues, local negotiations, with demands decided by the membeship that takes the time to come out to meetings.

As for Whitey, many of you have a short memory! Who was in the thick of things when his wife was sick with cancer, he never faltered, he continued to represent all of us during the most difficult times in his personal life. He has moved on as a national representative, deserves it, and the best of luck to him. All workers in the CAW will benefit from his knowledge and experience.

It is time for us to move on, choose another leader, support that person and protect the rights of all workers!

PS young buck you have it right, and I hope your batteries hold a longer charge

It is very easy to sit back and throw excrement at the wall to see what sticks when we are all anonymous, but the membership can not be fooled. If you think the union leadership sheep, confront them, get involved, then you will see how mistaken you are! The union is only as good as it's membership, the more involved and committed, the stronger the local and it's leaders.

We now have a choice between two candidates for Chairperson, I know both individuals very well, and my choice will be Scott Smith. Some say he is arrogant, I say is confident. Some say he is inexperienced, I say he knows more about all areas of plant than any other. When the plant Chair was away whom did the committeepeople go to for advice, the Alternate Plant Chairperson? No! They went to Scott Smith, ask your committeeperson, they will tell you. He has a very long career ahead of him in local 1520, and has what it takes to become a good leader. He will be able to concentrate on local issues, local negotiations, with demands decided by the membeship that takes the time to come out to meetings.

As for Whitey, many of you have a short memory! Who was in the thick of things when his wife was sick with cancer, he never faltered, he continued to represent all of us during the most difficult times in his personal life. He has moved on as a national representative, deserves it, and the best of luck to him. All workers in the CAW will benefit from his knowledge and experience.

It is time for us to move on, choose another leader, support that person and protect the rights of all workers!

Well put brother.

as for my batteries they are half full but easily charged

well said about Whitey and I agree. Although I dont know how long of a career Scott or any of us will have at stap, if you read on ford news here there supposedly was a leaked story that STAP is closing by 2011 or so....just passing info I have read....

From what I hear Smith comes from the aristocracy. Plucked from the ranks early for a priveleged life. Correct me if I heard wrong but no one else was mentored by our beloved "leadership" after a very short time on the line.

What I'm asking is: Who do I vote for? Do I vote for the guy who got to kiss the golden ring? Or do I vote for the guy who gained his experience through an elected position and seniority? :redcard:

post-16883-1119655177_thumb.jpg

From what I hear Smith comes from the aristocracy. Plucked from the ranks early for a priveleged life. Correct me if I heard wrong but no one else was mentored by our beloved "leadership" after a very short time on the line.

What I'm asking is: Who do I vote for? Do I vote for the guy who got to kiss the golden ring? Or do I vote for the guy who gained his experience through an elected position and seniority? :redcard:

[/quotehow long have you been at stap?if you are a newer hire since 98 you should vote for the guy who is going to think more towards the people of this generation of workers like myself....who would be scott smith.....if you've been at stap a longer time than since 98 you would already know of tucker and from what i have heard he doesn't have a great reputation as a committeeman....i did not get a good vibe from my conversations with tucker,so i will be voting for smith and giving this guy a chance to follow whitey's lead.if he proves he can't handle it he will be gone in a year and a half anyway.GO SMITTY

This is what posters on here say about Tucker

We need a guy that stands for more than "lets not make any waves guys" When Tucker was a rep he disappeared every time there was a problem. He stood for letting things settle by themselves. We need a leader!

Stap guy is right about moving forward and choosing a leader.

He's quick to pick on appointed people although in this case two of the candidates (Tucker and Smith) have resigned from their "cozy jobs" to run. If they did not care for the membership and the future they would as Stap guy says have stayed away from elections.

He's wrong about Tucker. Darin is a nice guy. Great to have a beer with. But he never showed any leadership. He was not one of the leaders on the inplant committee. He was not a leader on the frame line or among plant service workers. He just did the minimum to get by.

If Tucker wins we are all screwed, he was absolutely the worst committee man I have ever had, and the one I have now is a very close second, Tucker is a notorius liar, Proudfoot has one foot out the door with 27 years in, and will probably just negotiate more buyouts and better Pensions, not worrying about the most pressing issues, Job security.

Tucker was a notorious "gone at lunch" guy who skated away from trouble when he was a Committeeman.

that's funny cause tucker told me that barney was supporting him....what a fuckin liar tucker is

We can't last with this guy as Plant Chairman

I will take my chances with a more mature candidate that has more to loose if STAP goes down, there fore more insentive to work harder, both Tucker and his wife work at STAP so that would be a zero income house.

I dont care who trained Smith, I dont care if there is a Unanimous support from the Executive, he is to young for the responsibility.

I did not vote for Smith the first time and I will not vote for him this time.

Met Smith this morning he impressed me more than Tucker. Tucker no offense to him really didn't come across as a leader for this position just even by the way he said "Hey Brother". Screw the union brother sister talk time to earn it, what are you going to do for the rest of us is what I say!

Are you going to sit on your ass or do something! I asked Scott a few questions and actually I found him really open to talk to not the asshole like I thought. Sure it's an election and people can always be extra nice who knows but I liked what Scott had to say. All I can say is I'll vote for him if he makes it he better prove himself or if Tucker makes it the same for him. It's going to be a big year whoever gets the chair had better lead and lead right or your out on your ass!

And the rest of you upfront union guys better be nervous because the gravey train is over, time for a change. When any employee goes to the benefit office there better be someone there and not the "he or she has gone for break" When alot of us take the time to go up and even if we go back to 2 shifts I had better see someone in that office to help me or others right until the end of a second shift yeah at 12:00am not PM! :gang:

This is what posters on here say about Tucker

He's quick to pick on appointed people although in this case two of the candidates (Tucker and Smith) have resigned from their "cozy jobs" to run. If they did not care for the membership and the future they would as Stap guy says have stayed away from elections.

He's wrong about Tucker. Darin is a nice guy. Great to have a beer with. But he never showed any leadership. He was not one of the leaders on the inplant committee. He was not a leader on the frame line or among plant service workers. He just did the minimum to get by.

Tucker was a notorious "gone at lunch" guy who skated away from trouble when he was a Committeeman.

We can't last with this guy as Plant Chairman

I heard that when the Windsor guys come to STAP later on in the year they will retain their senority and all bidding rights at STAP unlike our Brothers and Sisters did when they went to Oakville. They should keep all pension years but should NOT be able to use their senority to bid and such. Ask Scott and Tucker about it each has their own take on it

I heard that when the Windsor guys come to STAP later on in the year they will retain their senority and all bidding rights at STAP unlike our Brothers and Sisters did when they went to Oakville. They should keep all pension years but should NOT be able to use their senority to bid and such. Ask Scott and Tucker about it each has their own take on it

The Union did hand out letters yesterday stating that you are exactly wrong, their senority will only count for pension and vacation the will get a new master number and start at the bottom for senority as it pertains to bidding rights.

And to all you tucker supporters give your head a shake, he is a liar big time, never went to bat for his guys as a union rep, plus who do you guys think Whitey would be more apt to help out Smitty or Tucker.

Go Smitty Go.

He will win by a landslide, almost 2 to 1 the first round. should be the same after the run off, and I can't wait to see Tucker back on the line, no more coasting for that guy.

It is funny this rumor about the Windsor guys came out when the contract says the exact opposite.All you need to do is look at which side was pushing this rumor to realize one candidate is either dishonest or not very smart.Is this the type of guy you want in the position that is trying to use deception to gain votes?????If people use their heads and figure out where the rumor came from the election on Monday should be a landslide.

I've been visiting these forums to read what other Ford employees are talking about for over 2 years. I just started a membership today so that I can post.

New member to this forum, but long time member at others.

Which is why I hate to hijack this thread, however you are somewhat on the topic in the last couple posts regarding Windsor Workers Preferential Placement Opportunity.

I've been empoyed at Ford in Windsor for almost 8 years, with not much layoff time until last year. Been off for almost a year now. I didn't take the buyout.

I will be visiting STAP on Sept 18 with others whom received registered letters for Placement Opportunity.

I've searched the forum can't seem to find anything with details, was wondering if someone can answer this post.

How many letters were sent out for the Opportunity?

How many workers does STAP actually plan on adding?

How many union members in CAW local 1520?

What percentage of STAP members are eligible for retirement? How many more eligible in the next 7 years?

Thanks in advance, I'll keep reading, might even post more often than every couple years.

I've been visiting these forums to read what other Ford employees are talking about for over 2 years. I just started a membership today so that I can post.

New member to this forum, but long time member at others.

Which is why I hate to hijack this thread, however you are somewhat on the topic in the last couple posts regarding Windsor Workers Preferential Placement Opportunity.

I've been empoyed at Ford in Windsor for almost 8 years, with not much layoff time until last year. Been off for almost a year now. I didn't take the buyout.

I will be visiting STAP on Sept 18 with others whom received registered letters for Placement Opportunity.

I've searched the forum can't seem to find anything with details, was wondering if someone can answer this post.

How many letters were sent out for the Opportunity?

How many workers does STAP actually plan on adding?

How many union members in CAW local 1520?

What percentage of STAP members are eligible for retirement? How many more eligible in the next 7 years?

Thanks in advance, I'll keep reading, might even post more often than every couple years.

75 letters were sent out.....not sure of exact number of employees that remain at stap....there are quite a few that can retire in the next 7 years

I would hope they have all this info on Tuesday for you Way.I "heard" we were adding 75 now.I believe we have about 1250 production workers plus skilled trades.As Gocash said in the next 7 years there has to be alot of people eligible to go.I'm at 21 years and I think I have around 400 guys with more senority then me.(that's just a guess but I think that's pretty close).

Thanks for your quick replies.

I might have some big decisions to make, with not much time to make them and relocate possibly by Nov 1.

I was just trying to get some foresight from some actual STAP workers before the info I will receive Tuesday from Reps.

Trying not to get my hopes up with the placement opportunity. We have around 480 laid off after high and low buyouts. Another few hundred going after Essex closes.

At one time before people under me took buyouts I had over 500 members under me.

Out of our 480 on lay off, I don't know how many applied for the opportunity to receive a letter.

If there was a few hundred letters sent out and you need 75, my odds might be low to go to STAP, if there was a hundred or so sent out I might have to look at houses for sale in your area before November.

post-14422-1119791504.jpg

Thanks for your quick replies.

I might have some big decisions to make, with not much time to make them and relocate possibly by Nov 1.

I was just trying to get some foresight from some actual STAP workers before the info I will receive Tuesday from Reps.

Trying not to get my hopes up with the placement opportunity. We have around 480 laid off after high and low buyouts. Another few hundred going after Essex closes.

At one time before people under me took buyouts I had over 500 members under me.

Out of our 480 on lay off, I don't know how many applied for the opportunity to receive a letter.

If there was a few hundred letters sent out and you need 75, my odds might be low to go to STAP, if there was a hundred or so sent out I might have to look at houses for sale in your area before November.

Yes, you have some big decisions to make, but if you get an opportunity for a job at STAP and you take it, you will never regret it. We have a great future here and you are entitled to be a part of it.