ON-topic: Mustang considered for Europe

Ford to Romania: Forgive plant debt

Craiova factory sale is delayed pending a new law to waive any ‘hidden liabilities’

Lyle Frink

Automotive News Europe

September 3, 2007 -- 06:01 CET

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...70831041/111601

Ford vows to keep sales lead in Russia

Anna Smolchenko

Automotive News

September 3, 2007 -- 06:01 CET

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...70831040/111601

Ford source: Mustang considered for Europe

Famous US muscle car would help image but hurt bid to lower CO2

Michael Knauer

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...70828017/111601

don't make rules and then break them.

Find the rule I broke:

CODE OF CONDUCT:

All members agree not to take this forum so seriously.

The moderator will warn members using ad hominem attacks, angry or aggressive language, or engaging in debates about religious matters that they need to 'cool off'

'Cause I see you breaking the first rule under the code of conduct.

Appalachian State's victory was pretty extraordinary. Michigan had never paid to have a lower-level whipping boy come in for their home opener, and the first time they did it, they got shocked by a team that---the point spread must've been well into the double digits....

Needs for a diesel in the Mustang probably keeps it this side of the states.

No offense, but I think the gray marketers are satisfying most of the demand for the Mustang.

And I do see your point, but I couldn't resist. The colors of this forum are blue & gold, for cryin' out loud.

Edited by RichardJensen

I understand your point, but do you see mine?

the mustang needs a PSA diesel, and/or a TF 2.0 I4 to replace the V6.

The Mustang is too large and heavy now for a 4 cylinder engine. In the old fairmont chassis I could see it. That car was just small enough that a 4 cylinder could offer good performance. Indeed we all remember the old SVT 4 cylinder turbo. Great little car.

As for a diesel, I just don't see it happening in a Mustang. Not that you can't make a diesel fast, it just doesn't jive with the Mustang image. I don't see them doing that.

The Mustang is too large and heavy now for a 4 cylinder engine. In the old fairmont chassis I could see it. That car was just small enough that a 4 cylinder could offer good performance. Indeed we all remember the old SVT 4 cylinder turbo. Great little car.

As for a diesel, I just don't see it happening in a Mustang. Not that you can't make a diesel fast, it just doesn't jive with the Mustang image. I don't see them doing that.

this in Europe not the US.

200/200 hp/torque in lighter engine would be fine.

In Europe deisel are hot, this part of the GST stetegy, common global archtechture, modified for regional needs.

the 2.7V6 will fit, and work well. with the current exchange rate it would easily undercut everything in it's class.

*cough*SVO*cough*

If I find out where Michael Kranefus is, I'm gonna sic 'im on you!

:D

They already are driving latest-generation Mustangs in parts of Europe.

I was in Ukraine last year, and I saw about a dozen GT hardtops. I'm not sure how they're getting them, because the Ford dealerships (avtosalons) do not sell them.

I saw sevaral Mustang GT's parked on sidewalks in Kiev. It is common to park cars on the sidewalks in Ukrainian cities.

post-24877-1188874508_thumb.jpg

Sounds like pie in the sky to me Biker16. No mondeo for us, no mustang for them. Anyway, what Europeans like about the Mustang is all the press about how fast the GT is for the price. If you sick some underpowered V6 Mustang on them it's going to quickly bomb.

There are fewer obsticles to exporting the mustang there than importing the Mondeo.

the biggest is the weak dollar, plus european aren't as snobby as we are regarding emissions.

There are fewer obstacles to exporting the mustang there than importing the Mondeo.

the biggest is the weak dollar, plus European aren't as snobby as we are regarding emissions.

All in all it wouldn't be that difficult, Europe has a different lighting std, (tri-color tail lamps, turn signal repeaters, city lights, Parking lights(L,R) and a rear fog light), side mirrors fold-able; Front and Rear Parking aids and Stability Control while not mandatory, would also need to be added, but the big one is a Diesel. That is the most important thing. Between the 2.7L Diesel, and the sweet new v8 diesel (270hp and 470ft/lbs) as low production option and you could sell 15k across Europe, but the only way you would hit those numbers is with diesel.

The only Gas engine I would even offer there would be the ultra low production GT500, or the TF. A Diesel V8 would gander more attention and positive press there, they love oil burners and with 470ft/lbs it would perform well and being the range rover gets 25.5 i.m.p.g., a more aerodynamic Mustang should be able to pull 30 i.m.p.g. The current main engines in the Mustang will be destroyed by the press there, a 300hp 4.6L and a 210hp 4.0L both of which are very thirsty and lack a lot of technology.

Edited by jasonj80

Fake News so don't have a cow:

2008 - Ford will switch to a C1 derived Stang, with FWD standard, as a 5 door hatchback, with only a 1.6L turbo bio-deisel. Also, all FoMoCo vehicles are to be all European made. Ford World HQ will move to Paris or Brussels.

And this just in:

2009 - The USA will return to French, Dutch, Russian [Alaska] Spanish, and British rule to become part of EU. Also, new car buyers are all going be forced to buy anything C1 based or else "be taxed heavily".

I kid, I kiddd!!!!

Edited by 630land

Does Ford have control of the "Mustang" name in Germany?

I thought they had to call 'Stangs T-5 there.

Oh, and don't laugh about a C1 Mustang - I bet some kook engineer will try and sell it to FoE.

Better off selling a V6 version with a Euro nose and call it Capri?

That way the marque doesn't get tarnished.

2008 - Ford will switch to a C1 derived Stang, with FWD standard, as a 5 door hatchback, with only a 1.6L turbo bio-deisel. Also, all FoMoCo vehicles are to be all European made. Ford World HQ will move to Paris or Brussels.

Man I can't drink enough to think of stuff like that!!!

:tequila: :tequila: :tequila: :tequila: :tequila: :tequila: