New Trans TSB

ELlover

Just got a call today that they have a new updated fix for the transmission in the 07 Expeditions. I do not have a copy of the TSB as of yet but will post when I do. I hope this works because I am so done with ford right now. My tranny is horrible and I am getting 10 MPG right now. I dont even like driving it anymore.

I am considering lemon lawing it and buying a used 2005 Excursion, those were the best...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a call today that they have a new updated fix for the transmission in the 07 Expeditions. I do not have a copy of the TSB as of yet but will post when I do. I hope this works because I am so done with ford right now. My tranny is horrible and I am getting 10 MPG right now. I dont even like driving it anymore.

I am considering lemon lawing it and buying a used 2005 Excursion, those were the best...

Please post the TSB number when you get your paperwork back, thanks.

Does anyone have access to a full text TSB site? Can you post the TSB if you do? :) Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your trans issues, I have a 07 limited 4 wheel drive built on May 14 that I just love. We are getting about 14.8 in city and just under 19 on the highway. No shift issues either. I work at Liviona Transmission where the 6R are produced. I think I can get you in contact with someone who may contact you and your dealer to get the transmission sent down here for a teardown to see what is going on with it. Let me know and I will work on getting in contact with the 6R engineering group Manager. Let me know if you want help.

Also, what is the build date on your expedition. I wonder if this is a problem with the earlier trannys.

Also, what is the build date on your expedition. I wonder if this is a problem with the earlier trannys.

Hi, Thanks for writing back. That would be great if you could help me out in this issue. My built date (I think) was Aug 20th 2007. I know it was the first one sent to the dealer (and sold) I am sure this is what I get for buying the first one off the lot. I am going to the dealer in the morning and I was also going to request an engineer from ford to come check it out. I know they have been in contact with them but I think they need something more than just a reprogram. I love everything about my Expy but the trans... I am glad to hear that the ones built later are not having problems... Thanks again and PM me if you need more information.

Hi, Thanks for writing back. That would be great if you could help me out in this issue. My built date (I think) was Aug 20th 2007. I know it was the first one sent to the dealer (and sold) I am sure this is what I get for buying the first one off the lot. I am going to the dealer in the morning and I was also going to request an engineer from ford to come check it out. I know they have been in contact with them but I think they need something more than just a reprogram. I love everything about my Expy but the trans... I am glad to hear that the ones built later are not having problems... Thanks again and PM me if you need more information.

Check the build date on the inside of your drivers door. I think you mean 2006 not 2007. Also what is the Ford dealer you are having it serviced at.

el lover, I was having the same problems that you are, My build date was in January 2007. After 3 visits to the ford dealership where i purchased the vehicle they claimed i everything was normal. Switched dealerships, told service manager what was going on, let the service tech drive it, and they got on the phone with ford. Granted i didnt have a vehicle for 3 days, but atleast they agreed there was a problem. They ended up replacing the valve body inside the transmission and performing the most recent tsb update. This solved almost all the shifting problems. Occasionally it fumbles gears, but probably only 5% of the time, compared to about 85% of the time before.

• 3 weeks later...

I too am having this exact same problem with my only one week old Expedition. It is supposed to go into the shop tonight. It will drive fine first thing in the morning, but sitting in traffic the transmission goes nuts. It will shift very hard from 2 to 1 (like a clunk) and the engine gets extremely noisy as if it is revving high, but the RPMs look normal. I am really disappointed with the vehicle so far. I am also getting some noise from the rear axle after a bit of driving. The build date is February 2007.

Well, I got a call from the shop. It's going to be over a week in the shop (I have not even owned it a week :banghead: ). They have to do something to "reseal the clutch". Something to do with "clutch shields". I have no clue. I have bought plenty of Fords throughout my life, but this will probably be the last.

Well, I got a call from the shop. It's going to be over a week in the shop (I have not even owned it a week :banghead: ). They have to do something to "reseal the clutch". Something to do with "clutch shields". I have no clue. I have bought plenty of Fords throughout my life, but this will probably be the last.

Did they at least offer you a loaner or rental car?

We're having a few tranny issues as well. I'm taking it in real soon for some scheduled maintenance and a couple of other minor issues. What do I need to tell the service advisor to get him to perform the TSB's?

In the 4-1/2 months that we’ve had it, we’ve been very happy with it. We're averaging about 13.5 mpg city and on a 150 mile trip I recently took, it averaged 21 mpg on the freeway.

Why? So you've had an good vehicles and 1 with a problem, and you forget all the good and focus on the one bad thing that will probably be fixed. From time to time you get a vehicle with a problem. It's a little irrational to abandon a company because of 1 problem.

Buzz : No loaner offered. "It's Ford policy". I could get a rental obviously, but would have to pay out of pocket.

NLP : I gave him a printout of the TSB, but the tech said that this is a different problem covered under a different TSB. I will post what TSB related issue this is if any.

suv_guy : This is not some little problem. A non drivable and outright dangerous vehicle that is less than five days old is inexcusable. I hope you are right, and it is fixed without issue, but from some other posts I have seen this might come back to haunt me. I have been Ford loyal for a long time, but like any company if I get burned bad enough of course I would jump ship.

Edited by smvincent

Bull. My dealer gives me loaners and my vehicles arent even in warranty anymore. It's not Ford policy, it's the dealers.

smvincent, I posted a response in the the forum. Call 1-800-392-3673. Express your frustration with them and you may try asking for them to replace the vehicle out right. Tell them no loaner was given, you can't get to work, etc.

Buzz : No loaner offered. "It's Ford policy". I could get a rental obviously, but would have to pay out of pocket.

NLP : I gave him a printout of the TSB, but the tech said that this is a different problem covered under a different TSB. I will post what TSB related issue this is if any.

suv_guy : This is not some little problem. A non drivable and outright dangerous vehicle that is less than five days old is inexcusable. I hope you are right, and it is fixed without issue, but from some other posts I have seen this might come back to haunt me. I have been Ford loyal for a long time, but like any company if I get burned bad enough of course I would jump ship.

I think that the way you described it it may be a different problem. They should give you a loaner though, no excuse.

I got Ford customer service to give me the TSB number of what exactly is wrong with my vehicle: TSB 755

I found the following at Edmunds:

Component Description:

4. POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Bulletin Number: 0755

Bulletin Date: JAN 2001

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Expedition

Summary:

6R75 TRANSMISSION 2 - 3 AND / OR 4 - 5 SHIFT FLARE, POSSIBLE WRENCH LAMP ILLUMINATED WITH DTC P0782 AND / OR P0784. ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10021458 )

I will keep everyone posted.

The old one has its problems too, as do many transmissions in many vehicles by many automakers.

that may be the case, but my buddy bought an 07 tahoe at the same time I got my expedition and he hasn't had any issues with his new 45K truck. My expedition has been in the shop 4 times for transmission problems and for the overhead console partially falling off.

that may be the case, but my buddy bought an 07 tahoe at the same time I got my expedition and he hasn't had any issues with his new 45K truck. My expedition has been in the shop 4 times for transmission problems and for the overhead console partially falling off.
Plus he can change his spark plugs in about 30 min. where as u may never get yours out if u let them go the recommended 100K :redcard:

well my transmission is acting up again. Just got it back last friday and the fumbling of gears is back, but I have pinpointed it to when the truck is warm and then I get stuck in stop and go traffic. Thats when it starts skipping gears, revving up without switch, and very poor down shifting.

imo, anyone having persistant problems, lemonlaw.com....

my boss s 07 suburban, ltz, sat in dealer for almost 5 weeks waiting on fuel pump/modulator ? assembly.... he was # 186 in the query to receive the part......

lemonlaw working on pain and suffering monies and the rental for 5 weeks totaling 2k.....

first trip in was wiring harness wrapped around front output shaft from transfer case.......that was 2 weeks........

next trip in and it s a buyback.........

all manufacturers have problems.......least get some pain and suffering monies to help ya feel better ! !

i m not crazy either about my 06 navi with 6 speed , lotta clunking searching for right gear when in traffic.....but thats not that frequent...

Edited by ha paschold