Problems with Kentucky Truck Plant

hawk0308

To be totally honest with you guys the problem with KTP is the man in charge. The Plant manager is a total idiot. Todd Bryant has got to be/is the dumbest person in charge of any plant in the Ford system. You employees, union or not, cannot tell me that this guy has taken this plant and run it into the ground nose first.

I have been at this plant for 13 yrs. and we have never had the problems we are having now. Parts shortage, bad shit coming in, stupidity within the plant as far as line sups. shitty product being shipped out, shitty product being built, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS THAT THE POWERS THAT BE CANNOT SEE THIS. He has taken total idiots and put them in charge of repairs that they have no business being in charge of and he has idiots in charge of the lines that don't even know that we are actually building a truck. As far as they know we are building a Probe, LTD, van, Mark VIII,caprice, viper, mobile home. They could not tell you which end is the front and which end is the back on the Frame line if they were marked.

At what point will the company wake up and figure out that Ktp is/was the bread and butter of the company?

Honestly who would like Todd Bryant gone? It has to be better for the company/union to have this jackass gone.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be totally honest with you guys the problem with KTP is the man in charge. The Plant manager is a total idiot. Todd Bryant has got to be/is the dumbest person in charge of any plant in the Ford system. You employees, union or not, cannot tell me that this guy has taken this plant and run it into the ground nose first.

I have been at this plant for 13 yrs. and we have never had the problems we are having now. Parts shortage, bad shit coming in, stupidity within the plant as far as line sups. shitty product being shipped out, shitty product being built, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS THAT THE POWERS THAT BE CANNOT SEE THIS. He has taken total idiots and put them in charge of repairs that they have no business being in charge of and he has idiots in charge of the lines that don't even know that we are actually building a truck. As far as they know we are building a Probe, LTD, van, Mark VIII,caprice, viper, mobile home. They could not tell you which end is the front and which end is the back on the Frame line if they were marked.

At what point will the company wake up and figure out that Ktp is/was the bread and butter of the company?

Honestly who would like Todd Bryant gone? It has to be better for the company/union to have this jackass gone.

What are your thoughts?

I don't want to jump on the bash-Todd-bandwagon, but the comment you made about sh1tty stuff coming in and going out... could you cite some examples for me? We are having difficulty getting some resolution on outside parts in particular, and I am at an impass regarding provision of some commercially-supplied parts. We have seen on this board some issues with axles and wheels... what about dash insulators, electronic sub-assemblies, and the like? What about basic hardware?

Interested to hear your thoughts on anything to do with outside suppliers as it relates to your topic of "crappy" product coming in and why. (not being a smart-@ss either... I truely do want to understand more and why.

Frankly, some parts are being supplied as asked-for and suppliers are getting called-out for screwing-up. Then again, some parts are actually not coming in as expected and there are mixed discussions as to who asked for what changes, and nobody on the line even expected it so they are calling the parts "bad". There's even been trials performed where suppliers have indicated that the requested trial did not look promising, but it was done anyways. All of these could be examples of "bad chit coming in", but the blame can be laid all over based on communications.

When there are so many parties involved in decisions and such a wide girth of communication taking part between supplier and consumer in this case, it's just hard to get everyone on the same page. Frustrating!

I don't want to jump on the bash-Todd-bandwagon, but the comment you made about sh1tty stuff coming in and going out... could you cite some examples for me? We are having difficulty getting some resolution on outside parts in particular, and I am at an impass regarding provision of some commercially-supplied parts. We have seen on this board some issues with axles and wheels... what about dash insulators, electronic sub-assemblies, and the like? What about basic hardware?

Interested to hear your thoughts on anything to do with outside suppliers as it relates to your topic of "crappy" product coming in and why. (not being a smart-@ss either... I truely do want to understand more and why.

Frankly, some parts are being supplied as asked-for and suppliers are getting called-out for screwing-up. Then again, some parts are actually not coming in as expected and there are mixed discussions as to who asked for what changes, and nobody on the line even expected it so they are calling the parts "bad". There's even been trials performed where suppliers have indicated that the requested trial did not look promising, but it was done anyways. All of these could be examples of "bad chit coming in", but the blame can be laid all over based on communications.

When there are so many parties involved in decisions and such a wide girth of communication taking part between supplier and consumer in this case, it's just hard to get everyone on the same page. Frustrating!

Don't know how much of this in on Bryant.

But in 14 years I've NEVER seen this plant in such a state of confusion.

Nobody knows anything about anything...........

And it starts at the top. You work for 1 1/2 hours today and sit around til Noon and nobody can tell you anything? You really have to be kidding me right? I mean the line starts at 6am and at 7:30 the line all of a sudden stops and you sit on a box til 12:00? Something is not right. Call me stupid but if the Line sup. says "I have no clue what is going on but make sure you clean that fan off " something is not up to par.

This is sure not very reassuring for the end consumer such as myself :redcard:

Please don't let these posts about quality at Ky Truck confuse you. The quality if our truck is better now that it has been in year. It is because we have a UAW work force that takes quality serious. We are very proud of our product and would have nothing but the utmost confidence that you or anyone else that purchases one of our trucks would be completely satisfied with the quality.

I do agree that some things in the plant are a bit out of order, but the quality is still there.

What are your thoughts?

IIRC he was "promoted" out of Michigan Truck a few years ago. He looked to me like a spoiled silver-spoon kinda guy. He's obviously somebody's boy.

What are your thoughts?

I so much agree i have said this many times no one has seen this plant run the way it is but are quality is great its just the other things the shifts,never can tell us anything, when is are down time........

This is EXACTLY why we shouldn't post this kind of stuff on a public blog or forum. When you talk like this openly and publicly, you hurt Ford. You have no honor and you should be ashamed.

Where exactly would you like this to be posted? Nobody in the plants will listen, the operators arent asked for input and when the operators bring attention to problems they are looked at like they are idiots. The problem in the plants is communication and the "Chinese Fire Drill" that the managment does every 6 months. The operators are in the same area for years and years yet management is constantly moved every 6 months and are NEVER held accountable for anything because they now in 6 months they are moving to either a different shift or different area. If they placed a supervisor in an area and told them it was their area for the next 2-3 years I bet you would see a HUGE difference in every area of the plants. How I long for the days of Frank Foley.

I dont remember exactly where I read it but I think it was a link on this forum. Anyway I read this article about how Ford divised a new plan to develop better relationships with their vendors a few years ago. The analysts said this plan was the best they have ever seen but was poorly implemented. I believe this is a good portion of our problem in conjunction with management.

I believe my sup is deaf. All of management is deaf. We have problems but they dont listen. Anyone in my dept. can tell the sup about a problem and before you can get it all out he will walk off. Poor communications skills. This has always been a problem but it has gotten worse since we stoped having CIWG meetings and town hall meeting on a regular basis.

Everyone at KTP should be proud because we have persevered through deaf ears, a sorry economy, and high fuel prices. Weve been having parts problems with vendors and a multitude of changes that have taken place to help stay competitive with the market and threats that "if we dont, we will be out of a job". They have taken things off of our jobs, sped up the line speed, then added those things right back and some. Thats why so many tpt's quit a $20 an hour job.

FORD MOTOR COMPANYS OWN WORST ENEMY IS ITS POOR COMMUNICATIONS WITH ITS EMPLOYEES AND ITS VENDORS. Thats as simple as it gets.

All UAW Ford workers at every plant should be proud because we have put up with so much crap, but we keep on going and building quality vehicles ( AT LEAST QUALITY THAT IS IN OUR CONTROL). And Im tired of outsiders saying we make too much money. We are the most versatile employees, (meaning the most valuable employees) in America today. Not very many people would put up with the shit we do on a daily basis. Oops, Im getting off topic. Im going to bed.

This is sure not very reassuring for the end consumer such as myself :redcard:

Rest assured that KTP and all other Ford facilities for that matter are putting out excellent quality on a daily basis.

These kinds of posts are typical of someone who is not happy about something in their area and will bash an entire plant for it. I see it everyday. In an operation as big as an assembly plant, no one person(including plant managers etc.) can determine what kind of quality a plant is producing. It's just too big. One area might be having some problems but the rest of the plant is running fine. Some workers in what ever area might be having problems will impune an entire plant because their area is having problems.

This is EXACTLY why we shouldn't post this kind of stuff on a public blog or forum. When you talk like this openly and publicly, you hurt Ford. You have no honor and you should be ashamed.

This is exactly what this site is to be used for, to ask questions and post concerns and find solutions. Do you think that only the auto industry (Ford) is the only company in the world to have internal isssues,Wake Up! At least we care about these issues enough to communicate with each other and not sweep it under the rug, we find solutions. The only shame and dishonor would be to ignore the problems going on. We have nothing to hide from anyone, and if we did that would definitely be shameful........Think!...It's Not Illegal Yet!

I so much agree i have said this many times no one has seen this plant run the way it is but are quality is great its just the other things the shifts,never can tell us anything, when is are down time........

Didn't Todd Bryant work at Michigan Truck Plant a little while ago? What do they do just keep shifting these people to bring down plants? :banghead:

This may sound overly simplistic but if the situation is as dire as you state, draw up your observations into an un-biased report (no slamming of persons...including management), go over this report with your Union local, have the UAW then present this report to Allen Mulally....if he is truely the "savior" that Bill Ford Jr hired....this would be a perfect opportunity for him to do what he supposedly does best.....find a problem and fix it....FAST!

I would also include a petition of "no confidence" in the current management of KTP with as many rank and file workers as possible signed on....of course, that would most likely tip your hand to the guy in charge of KTP and give him a chance to stave off a "Mulally style" revamp of KTP.

Edited by twintornados

You want to see confussion? Come to DTP. They got wingnut managers and clueless line supervision and they try to make up for their intellect by trying to be hard nose birddogging wardons. :redcard:

This may sound overly simplistic but if the situation is as dire as you state, draw up your observations into an un-biased report (no slamming of persons...including management), go over this report with your Union local, have the UAW then present this report to Allen Mulally....if he is truely the "savior" that Bill Ford Jr hired....this would be a perfect opportunity for him to do what he supposedly does best.....find a problem and fix it....FAST!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: now thats some funny shitt!! No offense but I cant a union rep to file a greviance on an overtime issue. I control what i can, dont miss work, cash my paychecks, the rest is their deal. I got good seniority so I will go down with the ship, then move on. And to all the KTP'ers out there...remeber this quote from our last building chairman election from Mike Unabel? "There will be more communication with me, so much so that I am starting a website to communicate with you all". :hysterical: anyone checked out that website lately? Dont bother he shut it down a week after he was elected. :redcard:

:happy feet: :happy feet: :titanic: :titanic:

Rest assured that KTP and all other Ford facilities for that matter are putting out excellent quality on a daily basis.

These kinds of posts are typical of someone who is not happy about something in their area and will bash an entire plant for it. I see it everyday. In an operation as big as an assembly plant, no one person(including plant managers etc.) can determine what kind of quality a plant is producing. It's just too big. One area might be having some problems but the rest of the plant is running fine. Some workers in what ever area might be having problems will impune an entire plant because their area is having problems.

We can bash eachother allwe want.But it seems funny that fseries is the best in class again and again

I would also include a petition of "no confidence" in the current management of KTP with as many rank and file workers as possible signed on....of course, that would most likely tip your hand to the guy in charge of KTP and give him a chance to stave off a "Mulally style" revamp of KTP.

Do I need to call Frank Foley and have him come up there and straighten shit out?

when people that work in pre delivery see whats bieng shipped out the door, thats not a good sign. all im gonna say is supervisors tell us its cheaper for the dealer to fix it than to keep it at the plant. id like to know the logic behind that one???

Edited by ktpworker69

when people that work in pre delivery see whats bieng shipped out the door, thats not a good sign. all im gonna say is supervisors tell us its cheaper for the dealer to fix it than to keep it at the plant. id like to know the logic behind that one???

Sounds like somebody at that plant need to call the quality hotline and get some heat down there.This isn't just the reputation of one plant or one product at stake it's all of us and our futures.

An oldtime Supervisor always said to me "nobody will ever fire you for quality,but me on the other hand is a different story."When we are told to ship crap out the door to customers those people making that call need to be held accountable.

The number is there for a reason,I suggest you guys use it and see what shakes out.