2008 Focus launched on Fordvehicles.com !!!!

igor

Yep. Awhile back, there were pictures floating around of the a Challenger front end grafted onto a Charger body. If I'm not mistaken, Ford did the same thing with an '05 front grafted on the '04 body.

Pretty common. Ford also had that butchered Freestyle running around that had the Flex front end on it...and we see how much those two vehicles ended up having in common.

The only place I can see Ford kind of goofing up on the Mustang refresh is what they do with the rear 1/4 window design. They better not leave the ENTIRE greenhouse the same. It'll probably have the same roof stamping though. The way the entire rest of the body is integrated fully around the perimeter of the vehicle though (character line from the front edge of the quarter panels runs all the way to the rear of the car, and the depression for the side "scoop" runs most of the length of the vehicle as well), it would be pretty much impossible to change JUST the nose without reworking the rest of the sheet metal.

I think the refresh will end up going just beyond a step further than the 1999 refresh went from the 1994 design. Should work.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really??? I would like to see one of Ford's current models--other than a Panther--do 100K as a full police vehicle, and then go on to do another 150-200K as a Taxi with only routine maintenance.

FACT is that they don't have one.

Explorers and Windstars/Freestars have done that. What other Ford vehicle is even SIZED properly to do police vehicle and taxi service? It's not like police departments and taxi services will line up to pick up Tauruses when they can buy fleet Vics for dirt cheap. Plenty of police departments buy Explorers and Expeditions...again though, not in the same quantity due solely to price.

And judging by some of the Panther taxis I see running around the airport up here, they don't seem to look or run so great after being beat on for a few years.

It's time to get over the Panther fantasy. They are going away. It is unavoidable.

It's time to get over the Panther fantasy. They are going away. It is unavoidable.

I don't have a Panther fantasy. I am fully aware that they are going away. But you can't blame the platform. Even in its current state, it still grabs 80% of the squad car market.

I have been very critical of Ford and their "management" style (if you can call it that) when it comes to the Panther. I will give credit where I think credit is due...and the Panther, despite the shortcomings that come along with being produced by Ford, has been a bullet proof platform with reliability that is unmatched (in most cases).

I don't have a Panther fantasy. I am fully aware that they are going away. But you can't blame the platform. Even in its current state, it still grabs 80% of the squad car market.

I have been very critical of Ford and their "management" style (if you can call it that) when it comes to the Panther. I will give credit where I think credit is due...and the Panther, despite the shortcomings that come along with being produced by Ford, has been a bullet proof platform with reliability that is unmatched (in most cases).

The Flintstone-mobile had unmatched reliability as well.

Yep. Awhile back, there were pictures floating around of the a Challenger front end grafted onto a Charger body. If I'm not mistaken, Ford did the same thing with an '05 front grafted on the '04 body.

There were actually Lincoln LS mules running around Dearborn with 05 Mustang front ends in early/mid 2003.