2008 Focus launched on Fordvehicles.com !!!!

igor

So let me get this straight, you think the CR-V doesn't look like unporportional piece of shit while the Focus does? lol. DCK, your bias is starting to show.

You clearly lack the ability to read and comprehend, and I don't have to worry about my "colors" showing, my colors are clear as day, I support good product. Your colors have already been shown numerous times of being a blind ford loyalist, nothing more than a fool.

The CR-V is ugly, I said it numerous times, It is unproportional, but not incohesive. It is ugly but it doesn't looks like some cheap chery crap from china. To me the focus does......which is an opinion, and I never stated my opinion as fact.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post has left me speechless.

You clearly lack the ability to read and comprehend, and I don't have to worry about my "colors" showing, my colors are clear as day, I support good product. Your colors have already been shown numerous times of being a blind ford loyalist, nothing more than a fool.

Lol.

The CR-V is ugly, I said it numerous times, It is unproportional, but not incohesive. It is ugly but it doesn't looks like some cheap chery crap from china. To me the focus does......which is an opinion, and I never stated my opinion as fact.

Lol.

My wife all ways looks a lot better after a few beers, so maybe Ford need to have a bar in all its showrooms.

Focus does need a bit more kerb appeal so a few beers instead of a coffee might work at showroom, l would be in for a test drive every day.

ROFLMAO :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Quote of the Year.

ROFLMAO :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Quote of the Year.

Well am glad l cheered you up Lincoln, most folk ask me why she has gone bald, is it the stress of living with you. Just interested Lincoln how do you know what you marrying when you are courting one of those women with the black letter box sheets in Saudi, do you get a bit of a shock on your wedding night when you find she has got a hairy legs.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Well am glad l cheered you up Lincoln, most folk ask me why she has gone bald, is it the stress of living with you. Just interested Lincoln how do you know what you marrying when you are courting one of those women with the black letter box sheets in Saudi, do you get a bit of a shock on your wedding night when you find she has got a hairy legs.

AND drives a jaguar........... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Actually, you only get to see her face once I think when you're engaged to her. No full body, sorry.

If she has hairy legs? Well, you're not emotionally attached. So you better prepare the devorce papers.

AND drives a jaguar........... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Women don't drive here.

Actually, you only get to see her face once I think when you're engaged to her. No full body, sorry.

If she has hairy legs? Well, you're not emotionally attached. So you better prepare the devorce papers.

Women don't drive here.

other than when holding a phone conversation they dont here either :hysterical::hysterical:

Women don't drive here.

How many wifes have you got Lincoln, l think one is enough for me. It must cost you a fair old bit every time go out for a slap up meal. I just can't image having four PMT wifes, it must be living hell.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I finally saw a new one yesterday on the way home. It was a red SES with the side vent. From the front, it really didn't look bad, from the side, it had kind of that cross of the futuristic aero line that the civic has with the old focus shape. The vent doesn't look as bad in person as I thought it would. The rear looked decent. Overall, I didn't find it to be ugly or offensive in any way, but, it didn't really look visually appealing to me in any way.

In its segment, personally, I find the new Mitsubishi Lancer to be the most visually appealing of the bunch. The second would be the Jetta. After that, I'm not overly enamored of any of them.

I finally saw a new one yesterday on the way home. It was a red SES with the side vent. From the front, it really didn't look bad, from the side, it had kind of that cross of the futuristic aero line that the civic has with the old focus shape. The vent doesn't look as bad in person as I thought it would. The rear looked decent. Overall, I didn't find it to be ugly or offensive in any way, but, it didn't really look visually appealing to me in any way.

In its segment, personally, I find the new Mitsubishi Lancer to be the most visually appealing of the bunch. The second would be the Jetta. After that, I'm not overly enamored of any of them.

I would have to say the Lancer has to be the best looking out of all the compact cars out there..the Jetta is ok...its bland outside of the grill on it, but has a nice interior and is fun to drive.

The local dealer (Echelon Ford) had a couple in the back that had just arrived last Sunday. One stripper, one SE with the chrome package, both four doors.

Not bad, not bad at all. The interior's a vast improvment over the '04-05 model, although I still love the radical looking interior the original Focus had. The exterior is attractive; I can definitely see this as a replacement for my current Focus, except for one thing - my current Focus has been stone reliable and still looks great, so I'm not in the market!

But for those who don't own a Focus, ask the man who drives one - they are more fun to drive, pound for pound, than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Don't dismiss the vehicle before driving it and digging the handling - this is what a small car should be.

Yes, I drove a Focus as a company car for about a year and was amazed by its nimbleness. You don't need much room to do a u turn, and it is such a good handling vehicle all around. The 2008 is even better. I have driven a Corolla, Prism, and Cavalier as company cars also, and the Focus is so much better than all of those vehicles. Furthermore, I like the way you sit up in the Focus. Nice driving position.

i sat in the new 08 focus today. i also played with sync.

the 08 focus is a job well done. Its a very appealing car. I liked the interior. sync is great.

the critics of ford's redo of the 08 focus were not the ones what had to write the checks to pay for it.

it's nicely done. stop your euro-whining and go check it out. for commuters, its a very appealing package.

the 08 focus is a job well done.

No it isn't, What ever it is, what ever your opinion is, no matter what, the 2008 Focus is not a "job well done" If Ford treated all their product like the 2008 focus they will be shutting the doors.

No it isn't, What ever it is, what ever your opinion is, no matter what, the 2008 Focus is not a "job well done" If Ford treated all their product like the 2008 focus they will be shutting the doors.

Oh shut up, your opinion is no more valid than his. You think the Focus is bad, he doesn't, so...you must be right...yeah....

Oh shut up, your opinion is no more valid than his. You think the Focus is bad, he doesn't, so...you must be right...yeah....

This is not whether you like the vehicle or not, this is about how Ford treats their product, and the fact is, as it is clearly evident that the 08 focus and escape are the last vehicles to come out under the old Ford managment. You can like the vehicle, fine, but it isn't a Job Well Done, even Ford knows it isn't.

I guess we can use that mentality, just like people can have an opinion that getting an F in a class is doing well, but it ultimately doesn't matter, The japanese will be selling their compacts at premiums and selling everyone they can make, all while ford bargain bins price their junk of a "job well done" with sales after the first couple months treading even at best in a ballooning segment. Another segment where Ford won't exist in, hell they already don't exist in the compact segment, the focus is a wash now, Sales are a joke, the incentives are high, fleet numbers are high. Retail customers don't even have the focus on their shopping list anymore, and if anyone considers the 08 focus a "job well done" as a means to fix Fords current pathetic market value in the compact segment, then you have no standards, no any desire to see Ford competitive and turn around.

Edited by DCK

Lighten up.

The 08 Focus is a transition product. As such, it's a very good job. NVH problems have been fixed, and the sled is competitive. Too bad the 2.5 and a 6-speed aren't ready, but it isn't a perfect world. Considering the new Fusion, Mustang, MK S, Flex and B-car are coming out over the next 12-18 months or so, this Focus is fine.