2008 Focus launched on Fordvehicles.com !!!!

igor

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the title -- " Ford Vehicles: 2008 Ford Focus - See pricing details for Ford Focus cars, wagons, and hatchbacks"

umm -- you dont have a wagon or a hatchback anymore- wonder how long that is going to take to get changed.

good catch ...

oh well Ford was never diligent about their website ...

Igor

Look at the title -- " Ford Vehicles: 2008 Ford Focus - See pricing details for Ford Focus cars, wagons, and hatchbacks"

umm -- you dont have a wagon or a hatchback anymore- wonder how long that is going to take to get changed.

dunno....I'm guessing their current track is based on market research...the wagon was a fabulous little vehicle but didn't set the world on fire with sales so obviously got nixed....the hatchback sold great...not as many as the sedan but good none the less....so my eyebrows are raised there.....I would MUCH rather have a hatch than a coupe......in a compact car at least...other way around on larger cars....

dunno....I'm guessing their current track is based on market research...the wagon was a fabulous little vehicle but didn't set the world on fire with sales so obviously got nixed....the hatchback sold great...not as many as the sedan but good none the less....so my eyebrows are raised there.....I would MUCH rather have a hatch than a coupe......in a compact car at least...other way around on larger cars....

the hatch sold so well, because you could get one for $12k ...

it got an axe, because to redesign the ass of that car, would cost a whole lot of $$$ ...the rear of a hatch is all structural .. while the sedan/coupe the structure ends with rear seats - the trunk is all fluff and cheap to change.

Igor..

the hatch sold so well, because you could get one for $12k ...

it got an axe, because to redesign the ass of that car, would cost a whole lot of $$$ ...the rear of a hatch is all structural .. while the sedan/coupe the structure ends with rear seats - the trunk is all fluff and cheap to change.

Igor..

personally i liked the hatch more than the rest of the staid line-up....at least it had character and didn't look like any other entry level offering from any other manufacturer...drove great too...LOVED the versions Ford released...remember the Kona version? ahhhhhhhhhh, the days of nifty marketing...snifff......

Edited by Deanh

Yes, we all know that you have some hott choices in cars......cough....Lacrosse....cough....

Way to answer the question and keep the thread on track.

So, since you got it off on a tangent...I, think that the Lacrosse is not the best looking car in the world (far from it, really)...it has some bad "1996 Taurus light syndrome" going on, but for 2008 it looks better, certainly better than the re-skinned (I'm sorry...new) Focus.

Gah... want... to like it.... but can't... keep fork... out of eye...

I hope I've just become "old". Really. Because I just can't bring myself to like that... that thing.

And I've gone on record as either appreciating the whimsy of or in some cases even liking more popular abominations as the Pacer, Gremlin, and Aztek...

Personal taste aside, I do hope it does well.

(Er, wait a minute. Those damn alien / CRT eye sunglasses are still popular. Hmm, let me rethink that... :do what: )

Way to answer the question and keep the thread on track.

So, since you got it off on a tangent...I, think that the Lacrosse is not the best looking car in the world (far from it, really)...it has some bad "1996 Taurus light syndrome" going on, but for 2008 it looks better, certainly better than the re-skinned (I'm sorry...new) Focus.

another obvious comparison.....economy coupe with a large luxo barge....well whadda ya know...silver 2 door Focus coupe being put on the showroom........15510 auto A/c base package so no fender vent....two design flaws noticed in 10 seconds as the rump is facing me....trunk lock looks like its just a punched hole with a plastic tube liner, and the rear bumper is a trap for a POOL of water.....more comments / critique to come...but DOES look better in the flesh...

Edited by Deanh

ok...took a quick gander...underwhelmed, perhaps it will grow on me but right now all I see is one person designed the front, another the sides ( contour line looks mis-matched and out of place ) and another the rear.....too many lines, basically a mish mash.....interior ok but cheap looking....selling point will be its apparently GREAT NVH, responsive handling and sadly how cheaply it can be sold.....

Edited by Deanh

ok...took a quick gander...underwhelmed, perhaps it will grow on me but right now all I see is one person designed the front, another the sides ( contour line looks mis-matched and out of place ) and another the rear.....too many lines, basically a mish mash.....interior ok but cheap looking....selling point will be its apparently GREAT NVH, responsive handling and sadly how cheaply it can be sold.....

I wonder how sales will play out once the Fiesta is here and we have the old Focus for a year or two before the new one...

I wonder how sales will play out once the Fiesta is here and we have the old Focus for a year or two before the new one...

I have several times stated thet styling is the #1 reason people are initially attracted/ interested in a vehicle, everything else is icing on the cake....if the Fiesta is loyal to the Verve we have a winner...this is nothing more than a stopgap till the shared Euro platform and it OBVIOUSLY was built with that in mind and not a lot of effort or budget was allocated as a result....well, thats how I perhaps pre-maturely veiw the dis-appointment in front of me.....

Edited by Deanh