2008 Focus launched on Fordvehicles.com !!!!

igor

another obvious comparison.....economy coupe with a large luxo barge....well whadda ya know...silver 2 door Focus coupe being put on the showroom........15510 auto A/c base package so no fender vent....two design flaws noticed in 10 seconds as the rump is facing me....trunk lock looks like its just a punched hole with a plastic tube liner, and the rear bumper is a trap for a POOL of water.....more comments / critique to come...but DOES look better in the flesh...

Huh?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?

you had the audacity to compare a LaCrosse with a Focus.......different beasts, different markets, different buyers, ones youthful ones blue haired.....both are stylistic failures in my book....where the hell has design talent dis-appeared too?

you had the audacity to compare a LaCrosse with a Focus.......different beasts, different markets, different buyers, ones youthful ones blue haired.....both are stylistic failures in my book....where the hell has design talent dis-appeared too?

No I didn't. suv_guy_19 brought up the Lacrosse. All I said was that I think that the Lacrosse is better looking than the Focus. Nowhere did I say that the cars compete with each other.

No I didn't. suv_guy_19 brought up the Lacrosse. All I said was that I think that the Lacrosse is better looking than the Focus. Nowhere did I say that the cars compete with each other.

psssst....a Bentley looks better than a LaCrosse too.......different demographics and markets are constrained by budgets.....and I previously said the focus may grow on me......STILL WAITING!

Edited by Deanh

Well, yeah...but I don't see a problem comparing looks to different classes of cars.

don't take me wrong...but simplicity of design MUST go hand in hand with budgetory constraints, otherwise the Focus that is giving me a gag reflex outside my office would look like a Ferrari........

Saw an Oxford "appliance" white Focus at the Ford dealer tonight.

In person it doesn't look as much like a plot device from a B movie.

movieposter.gif

It has more of a Ford family feel to it.

But it's still not my idea of attractive by any stretch.

I like it, and I'm not saying that because I love Ford because I can tell you that I don't like the Flex. I think that the focus will sell reasonably well. The more I see it, the more I like it.

Edited by suv_guy_19

I saw a Vista Blue sedan on the PITT campus today parked next to a new Civic. I can honestly say the Focus is a better looking car. It is much better in person than in the photos. I like the new grille and especially the rear styling. The interior was nicely laid out and the materials looked very good. The car was getting lots of attention.

Not only is the focus the ugliest compact on the market, it just looks so cheap and looks like a piece of sh*t. Now, I don't like the CR-V design, but atleast it doesn't look cheap and tacky, the focus does, it looks like some cheap chinese turd. Everytime I see a picture of the focus, I am completely amazed that a design team actually thought this incohesive, unproportional piece of shit looked decent.

Not only is the focus the ugliest compact on the market, it just looks so cheap and looks like a piece of sh*t. Now, I don't like the CR-V design, but atleast it doesn't look cheap and tacky, the focus does, it looks like some cheap chinese turd. Everytime I see a picture of the focus, I am completely amazed that a design team actually thought this incohesive, unproportional piece of shit looked decent.

Well that was all well laid out. No, the Focus is not the best car ever, but your opinion of it being the ugliest on the market should not be confused with fact. On top of that, the CRV design, not looking tacky and cheap, give me a break, just look at the front end.

The new Focus does look tacky. It's like hunched forward but smiling, it just looks awkward.

So let me get this straight, you think the CR-V doesn't look like unporportional piece of shit while the Focus does? lol. DCK, your bias is starting to show.

Whats the MSRP of a Mazda3 in your neck of the woods Jellymoulds?

13,340.00 GBP = 27,119.05 USD

Mazda USA $14,530

There you feel better?

No l bloody don't!!!! You can see why everybody is driving eco boxes in Europe, we are very much getting ripped off over here.

Mazda 3 has a big range, so l picked out two models at random, and l am a bit lazy with the $ conversion, using it as roughly a 2:1 ratio, so the prices l have understated will lower as the £ is worth a bit more than 2:1.

Mazda 2.3 MPS Gasoline 5 door $40,000

Mazda 1.6D TS2 Diesel 5 Door $31,500

If you are interested here is a link with details of the 2 cars, you can pull out the Mazda 3 model you are interested in from the menu.

What Car Mazda 3 Prices & Specification link

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-comparison.as...49799&ED3=0

post-19487-1126127890_thumb.jpg

post-19487-1126127941_thumb.jpg

post-19487-1126127964_thumb.jpg

post-19487-1126127981_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

The local dealer (Echelon Ford) had a couple in the back that had just arrived last Sunday. One stripper, one SE with the chrome package, both four doors.

Not bad, not bad at all. The interior's a vast improvment over the '04-05 model, although I still love the radical looking interior the original Focus had. The exterior is attractive; I can definitely see this as a replacement for my current Focus, except for one thing - my current Focus has been stone reliable and still looks great, so I'm not in the market!

But for those who don't own a Focus, ask the man who drives one - they are more fun to drive, pound for pound, than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Don't dismiss the vehicle before driving it and digging the handling - this is what a small car should be.