BoycottFord.com

macattak1

The American automakers are in big trouble, especially Ford. It's really bad business to take any political position, including religion, sexual orientation, etc.

Alienating some of your shrinking customer base is great business if some are to be believed.

Peace and Blessings

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that part of your base are a bunch of bigots, why not?

Please explain how I am a bigot?

If you can not please think about retracting your statement.

If this topic is too close to home for you or too personal feel free to say so.

Perhaps back out humbly or state it as such.

My intent is not to cause you specific harm or threaten you.

But I just can not but feel like all you want is a fight no matter what.

Please explain how I am a bigot?

If you can not please think about retracting your statement.

If this topic is too close to home for you or too personal feel free to say so.

Perhaps back out humbly or state it as such.

My intent is not to cause you specific harm or threaten you.

But I just can not but feel like all you want is a fight no matter what.

No its not hitting close to home. I do have one gay friend, but that has nothing to do with this. I cannot allow an opinion that gays are sinners for being the way they are, that the bible is supreme, that there is something wrong with for supporting gay people to go unchallenged. From Wikipedia. "A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own." I wasn't calling you a bigot, but I'm not very far off the mark with most AFA supporters. Now I have no problem with what you or they believe when they don't attempt to trample on the rights of others. But I also believe that Ford has a right to do what they are doing and they should not face ridicule because of it or even be questioned about it. I will not retract my statement because its not untrue...but it was not aimed at you.

No its not hitting close to home. I do have one gay friend, but that has nothing to do with this. I cannot allow an opinion that gays are sinners for being the way they are, that the bible is supreme, that there is something wrong with for supporting gay people to go unchallenged. From Wikipedia. "A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own." I wasn't calling you a bigot, but I'm not very far off the mark with most AFA supporters. Now I have no problem with what you or they believe when they don't attempt to trample on the rights of others. But I also believe that Ford has a right to do what they are doing and they should not face ridicule because of it or even be questioned about it. I will not retract my statement because its not untrue...but it was not aimed at you.

Then you need to be much more careful in your aim as it is getting too sloppy and too generalized!

My post is about Ford going Above and Beyond in their support of Gays. And you know exactly what I mean by that.

You know that as I have stated it and restated it any number of times in an attempt to keep clear on it as you keep trying to muddy the water.

Ford can provide to the Gays every protection and benefit they give to others. So again, you can stop beating that dead horse. It is just splattering you now.

I have a number of gay friends and have historically had very close ties to the gay community. And I can debate this topic with them just fine.

So just because someone opposes the Gay community on one facet of Ford company policy does not make you an expert on any of the opposition.

So I am not trampling any one rights. Ford can do what it wants. Your not the ridicule police and you don't thankfully have any control in limiting my questioning of Ford policy. You don't need to retract your statement. I am rather glad it will remain there.

Generalizations can be a pretty dangerous thing. I know it is more work and holds one more accountable to be specific but it can also be less dangerous.

Then you need to be much more careful in your aim as it is getting too sloppy and too generalized!

My post is about Ford going Above and Beyond in their support of Gays. And you know exactly what I mean by that.

You know that as I have stated it and restated it any number of times in an attempt to keep clear on it as you keep trying to muddy the water.

Ford can provide to the Gays every protection and benefit they give to others. So again, you can stop beating that dead horse. It is just splattering you now.

I have a number of gay friends and have historically had very close ties to the gay community. And I can debate this topic with them just fine.

So just because someone opposes the Gay community on one facet of Ford company policy does not make you an expert on any of the opposition.

So I am not trampling any one rights. Ford can do what it wants. Your not the ridicule police and you don't thankfully have any control in limiting my questioning of Ford policy. You don't need to retract your statement. I am rather glad it will remain there.

Generalizations can be a pretty dangerous thing. I know it is more work and holds one more accountable to be specific but it can also be less dangerous.

It was you who defended and agreed with the bible as a moral compass implying there was something wrong with being gay. If you have a problem with what Ford is doing, fine, but it is their right to do as they please. If that alienates a few customers so what. They took a stand, and to me that speaks to who the company is. They are not afraid of touchy issues and they are willing to do something to help make things better. If no one ever did anything like this, blacks and women could still not vote.

You folks that think homosexuality is good, normal and worthy of Ford spending lots of cash on.... why is it good? Without needing to refer to any one faith system (religion, non-religion, atheism, paganism or any other ism's) how can it be said that such behavior is desireable? Objective speaking, how can homosexuality be beneficial?

I thought about that question in my earlier years when contemplating what faith system to suscribe to. As a nurse in a mjor metropolitan healthcare system, I have seen dozens of homosexuals expire.... usually but not always from AIDS/complications. There was always one single most glaring difference between the homosexual patients that died and the heterosexual ones. The homosexuals nearly always died alone. No friends, no lovers, no 'boyfriends.' On rare occasion parents or siblings would come. Mind you this is in the San Francisco Bay Area, homosexual capital of the world. Yet these unfortunate folks died lonely miserable deaths. In stark contrast, nearly all of the heterosexual patients died with loved ones present. This could not merely be a coincidence.

Please don't flame me unless you really read this post and not assume/ infer your own opinions into what I have said. These are my brutally honest observations of working 7 years in a major medical facility in one of the most densely homosexual areas of the world.

A lot of these posts state on and on how 'religious thinking' is wrong and 'pre-religious' thinking is superior. In my personal observations, I saw first hand evidence to the contrary.

I've shared my observations in hopes that some of you will reconsider your viewpoints, if even privately.

You folks that think homosexuality is good, normal and worthy of Ford spending lots of cash on.... why is it good? Without needing to refer to any one faith system (religion, non-religion, atheism, paganism or any other ism's) how can it be said that such behavior is desireable? Objective speaking, how can homosexuality be beneficial?

I thought about that question in my earlier years when contemplating what faith system to suscribe to. As a nurse in a mjor metropolitan healthcare system, I have seen dozens of homosexuals expire.... usually but not always from AIDS/complications. There was always one single most glaring difference between the homosexual patients that died and the heterosexual ones. The homosexuals nearly always died alone. No friends, no lovers, no 'boyfriends.' On rare occasion parents or siblings would come. Mind you this is in the San Francisco Bay Area, homosexual capital of the world. Yet these unfortunate folks died lonely miserable deaths. In stark contrast, nearly all of the heterosexual patients died with loved ones present. This could not merely be a coincidence.

Please don't flame me unless you really read this post and not assume/ infer your own opinions into what I have said. These are my brutally honest observations of working 7 years in a major medical facility in one of the most densely homosexual areas of the world.

A lot of these posts state on and on how 'religious thinking' is wrong and 'pre-religious' thinking is superior. In my personal observations, I saw first hand evidence to the contrary.

I've shared my observations in hopes that some of you will reconsider your viewpoints, if even privately.

I don't think the point is whether homosexual behavior is "good" or "beneficial" is the point. The point is people are free to do whatever the heck they feel like doing behind closed doors. It's not your business, it's not my business, it's not the government's business, it shouldn't be Ford's business either. That said, Ford, as an independent company, can do with their money whatever they see fit. If you don't like it, don't buy their product. Fortunately, most people don't give a shit and will buy a car from them if it fits their needs, regardless of any supposed "agenda".

As for religious thinking being wrong....in my opinion, any and all religion is wrong. Some other worldly race looking at us from a distance would think we're all lunatics.

I don't think the point is whether homosexual behavior is "good" or "beneficial" is the point. The point is people are free to do whatever the heck they feel like doing behind closed doors. It's not your business, it's not my business, it's not the government's business, it shouldn't be Ford's business either. That said, Ford, as an independent company, can do with their money whatever they see fit. If you don't like it, don't buy their product. Fortunately, most people don't give a shit and will buy a car from them if it fits their needs, regardless of any supposed "agenda".

As for religious thinking being wrong....in my opinion, any and all religion is wrong. Some other worldly race looking at us from a distance would think we're all lunatics.

Excatly. Its no ones business, theres really nothing wrong with it, and if Ford wants to bbe supportive of people and their way of life, thats good. I don't see where the problem is.

The American automakers are in big trouble, especially Ford. It's really bad business to take any political position, including religion, sexual orientation, etc.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

I think these bananas are gay... :banmolest:

Alienating some of your shrinking customer base is great business if some are to be believed.

Peace and Blessings

I think Ford could replace every current "homophobic" customer with at least two that don't care about this whole homosexual issue. If somebody was in the market for a 1/2 ton pickup, what auto manufacturer in the world makes one that does everything that would please every Christian value?

What's funny about all this "homo" talk is that if you substitute the word "gay" with "black", the it sounds just like the times before civil rights. And if you substitute the word "gay" with "woman", it sounds just like the times before women's rights. 20 years from now our children and grand children are going to be reading about this era of gay bashing and compare it to other prejudice times.

I think Ford could replace every current "homophobic" customer with at least two that don't care about this whole homosexual issue. If somebody was in the market for a 1/2 ton pickup, what auto manufacturer in the world makes one that does everything that would please every Christian value?

What's funny about all this "homo" talk is that if you substitute the word "gay" with "black", the it sounds just like the times before civil rights. And if you substitute the word "gay" with "woman", it sounds just like the times before women's rights. 20 years from now our children and grand children are going to be reading about this era of gay bashing and compare it to other prejudice times.

I would agree, Ford should not put time or effort into appeasing the homophobic.

I personally do not waste much time on the homophobic either.

Peace and Blessings

I'm totally indifferent to this. I think Ford should sell a car to whoever wants one, and make donations to whatever organizations will support this. It's not like a small donation from Ford is actually affecting anything, it's just PR in those specific communities.

The average gay person has a higher disposable income by the way. Ford is targetting more affluent consumers that have been ignored/discriminated against. They finally make business sense and they fail politically, go figure.

I'm totally indifferent to this. I think Ford should sell a car to whoever wants one, and make donations to whatever organizations will support this. It's not like a small donation from Ford is actually affecting anything, it's just PR in those specific communities.

The average gay person has a higher disposable income by the way. Ford is targetting more affluent consumers that have been ignored/discriminated against. They finally make business sense and they fail politically, go figure.

Well then it is kind of a double failure is is not?

Those that could care less before could care less now. Net change zero.

Those that do care about how much Ford panders to a group. Net change negative.

Those Ford are pandering to in this case. Net change zero. Ford is not even on the GLBT radar. They take the money, but don't buy the cars. Which rolls with what I saw at work. The gay crowd tended to drive a lot of classic MB, BMW's, and the like or newer euro or Japanese cars. Mazda MSX-5 is the closest Ford gets. So I am not sure it is money even well spent.

Peace and Blessings

Ford is not even on the GLBT radar. They take the money, but don't buy the cars. Which rolls with what I saw at work. The gay crowd tended to drive a lot of classic MB, BMW's, and the like or newer euro or Japanese cars. Mazda MSX-5 is the closest Ford gets. So I am not sure it is money even well spent.

Peace and Blessings

Hummm, funny you seem to take undue notice of what all the gay folks are driving at your work place :happy feet:

FYI I am Gay, and I drive an 05 Mustang GT, my boss (also Gay) has a 07 F150. The only coworker who has a BMW (M5) is straight. My ex has a 2002 T-Bird (bought new) his first Ford since his 70-something Bobcat LOL and his partner has a Escape Hybrid. Another friend has a new Explorer (his third so far). Another Gay friend has had a Mustang GT, an Explorer and now an Edge.

THEY (we) drive the same cars as you do. (OK, less percentage of Minivans, more sports cars). We read the same reviews and follow the same conventional wisdom, by and large. So I know gay friends who drive Hondas, Mazdas, Toyotas, VWs too of course.

On of the reasons I think Ford is promoting an enlightened approach is HF I's association with Hitler in the past and his known anti-Semitic views.

Henry Ford: Hitler's First Foreign Backer

On December 20, 1922 the New York Times reported4 that automobile manufacturer Henry Ford was financing Adolph Hitler's nationalist and anti-Semitic movements in Munich. Simultaneously, the Berlin newspaper Berliner Tageblatt appealed to the American Ambassador in Berlin to investigate and halt Henry Ford's intervention into German domestic affairs. It was reported that Hitler's foreign backers had furnished a "spacious headquarters" with a "host of highly paid lieutenants and officials." Henry Ford's portrait was prominently displayed on the walls of Hitler's personal office:

The wall behind his desk in Hitler's private office is decorated with a large picture of Henry Ford. In the antechamber there is a large table covered with books, nearly all of which are a translation of a book written and published by Henry Ford.

http://reformed-theology.org/html/books/wa.../chapter_06.htm

I like Ford's current stance "Ford Motor Company values diversity among all of its constituents," said Joe Laymon, Ford's vice president of Corporate Human Resources and Labor Affairs, in a statement.

"The Company prides itself on strong and clear values - respect for our customers, communities, employees, suppliers and dealers; acceptance of our differences; inclusion of different people with different perspectives; and integrity to always do the right thing.

"Ford values all people - regardless of their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and cultural or physical differences. And we are glad to see that this spirit of inclusion is evident in the practices of other automakers who do business in this country as well. It is one of the things that makes us proud to be part of the auto industry."

How much of an impact has AFA boycott had? I can not imagine many dealers are ecstatic over Fords position.

Appears that Ford Must be involved in the promotion of the gay and trans gender topic instead of just staying neutral.

Ford ups gay support with more cash donations

Just make cars and stay out of the consumers faces on things such as fuel taxes, home schooling, religion, and sexual activities.

Guess I'm lucky. I'm at the age and place in life I do not have to be tolerant.

Hummm, funny you seem to take undue notice of what all the gay folks are driving at your work place :happy feet:

Undue? As in inappropriate? How so?

Because I worked, went to lunch, and hung out with gay people? What is undue about that? Car talk easily transcends sexuality. Cars are something that comes up again and again through out the years of working with people. But this was a technology company which may be noticeably different from other categories. Young with money.

It is the gay sites and people that are making a statement of what gay people are driving.

Nice try, but you will find it very hard to paint me as a bigot, homophobic, or any other type of person as it relates to gay people. I am just me.

Peace and Blessings

agreed.

Im not liberal hippie, in fact they piss me off. To say that Ford is immoral for marketing cars towards the gay population is wrong how? Why is it a political stance? Is it also wrong that they donate to many other causes as well? Hey, they even made a breast cancer edition Mustang, that must mean they support using medicine! thats sorcery! boycott!

FYI - I had an uncle that was gay. I say in the past tense for a reason, and because its always at least wondered about, yes, that disease was the reason. Ive grown to have ALOT of conservative viewpoints with a few hardcore exceptions. I find myself more of a Libertarian than either a devout left or right winger. Maybe its because i have had family that was gay is why ive been so iffy about subjects and discussions like this, but to say its WRONG for Ford to market to this group is foolish.

Without the all mystical cloak of religious intolerance as the source, HOW is it wrong?

HOW is it any different than if Ford donates money to the United Negro College Fund?

HOW is it any different than the breast cancer partnerships?

HOW does any of this affect you?

Undue? As in inappropriate? How so?

Because I worked, went to lunch, and hung out with gay people? What is undue about that? Car talk easily transcends sexuality. Cars are something that comes up again and again through out the years of working with people. But this was a technology company which may be noticeably different from other categories. Young with money.

It is the gay sites and people that are making a statement of what gay people are driving.

I am just me.

Peace and Blessings

Before you get all defensive look it up:

Definition of UNDUE 1. Exceeding what is appropriate or normal; excessive

Undue and I'll add laughable. You're drawing illogical conclusions from a very narrow scope of observation(which you admit), upon which you erroneously based your earlier comment that Ford's efforts were being wasted. You site a "soft porn" TV program on FX's Dirt as more "evidence". It's hardly porn, soft or hard as it's on TV.....as in regulated by the FCC's standards and practices.

I am not trying "very hard to paint" you "as a bigot, homophobic, or any other type of person as it relates to gay people." You're doing that very well on your own without my help. You doth protest too much.

The boycott people's comments smack of McCarthyism in their undue (as in excessive) and unwarranted witch-hunt.

"It is the gay sites and people that are making a statement of what gay people are driving." What site? What people? What statement? http://www.gaywheels.com/top_5_from_the_la_auto_show.htm <<<seems fair and unbiased to me. And if they were very pro-Ford that would be showing a bias.

You're the one making sweeping excessive generalizations: "The gay crowd tended to drive a lot of classic MB, BMW's, and the like or newer euro or Japanese cars."

Before you get all defensive look it up:

Definition of UNDUE 1. Exceeding what is appropriate or normal; excessive

Undue and I'll add laughable. You're drawing illogical conclusions from a very narrow scope of observation(which you admit), upon which you erroneously based your earlier comment that Ford's efforts were being wasted. You site a "soft porn" TV program on FX's Dirt as more "evidence". It's hardly porn, soft or hard as it's on TV.....as in regulated by the FCC's standards and practices.

I am not trying "very hard to paint" you "as a bigot, homophobic, or any other type of person as it relates to gay people." You're doing that very well on your own without my help. You doth protest too much.

The boycott people's comments smack of McCarthyism in their undue (as in excessive) and unwarranted witch-hunt.

"It is the gay sites and people that are making a statement of what gay people are driving." What site? What people? What statement? http://www.gaywheels.com/top_5_from_the_la_auto_show.htm <<<seems fair and unbiased to me. And if they were very pro-Ford that would be showing a bias.

You're the one making sweeping excessive generalizations: "The gay crowd tended to drive a lot of classic MB, BMW's, and the like or newer euro or Japanese cars."

I did look it up and I read quite well. Definition of UNDUE 1. Exceeding what is appropriate or normal; excessive

You are saying I am looking into something beyond what would be appropriate

Now you want to regulate what I can have knowledge or an opinion of? Then you want to portray me as saying my personal experiences are 'very narrow scope of observations' which I just do not recall stating. Then you say you do not have to paint me as a bigot because I am doing that well on my own. Really. You sure are spending a lot of time on me. Any reason you can not discuss the topic but instead prefer to go after me personally?

Do you have something to add about Ford supporting Gay Day type events verses Ford supporting Straight Day events? Are you OK with Ford and other Companies hosting or sponsoring Straight Day events?

FCC regulated TV does not have soft porn on it? Ha ha ha ha ha. And they do not turn up the volume during commercials either right?

Ford can provide all the equal benefits and protections to their employees that Ford sees fit.

Ford is promoting Gay Day type Events. Objectively, at that point there becomes a significant difference between how Ford supports the Gay community and other communities. My kids do not need to be subjected to Gay day or Heterosexual day. It is a sexual topic better left to ones personal life. But, for what ever reason some significant portion of the gay community really needs to advertise their sexual choices and their right to make those sexual choices. As a publicly traded company trying to gain market share not alienate market share I find that a poor business practice. And as this is BON and Ford is that publicly traded company it is a fine topic to bring up for discussion. And since I have kids I am more concerned about it than many.

Peace and Blessings

Now you want to regulate what I can have knowledge or an opinion of?

ME? Want to limit your free speech? Not at all, this is a discussion.

Then you want to portray me as saying my personal experiences are 'very narrow scope of observations' which I just do not recall stating.

You said "But this was a technology company which may be noticeably different from other categories. Young with money." That is a narrow and small sampling. Statisically insignificant.

Any reason you can not discuss the topic but instead prefer to go after me personally?

I don't know anything about you personally. Nor do I care to. But it's the stuff you brought up.

Do you have something to add about Ford supporting Gay Day type events verses Ford supporting Straight Day events? Are you OK with Ford and other Companies hosting or sponsoring Straight Day events?

95% of the population is straight, duh. It's "celebrated" all the time. Every day is straight day LOL. Unnecessary.

I've heard the same arguement against Black Pride, the people who make that argument in favor of White Pride are the KKK/White Power groups. I don't need to celebrate being White, unnecessary.

FCC regulated TV does not have soft porn on it? Ha ha ha ha ha.
It's sexually suggestive, so what?

Ford can provide all the equal benefits and protections to their employees that Ford sees fit.
And they are doing a good job on that, and it's a wide range policy.

It is a sexual topic better left to ones personal life.

It's isn't just about sex. It affects how people live in their personal life (civil/legal rights, medical, social, etc.)

As a publicly traded company trying to gain market share not alienate market share I find that a poor business practice. And as this is BON and Ford is that publicly traded company it is a fine topic to bring up for discussion. And since I have kids I am more concerned about it than many.

Ford isnt the only company that gives equal benefits and protection to their same sex employees. My company does too, and i work for one of the largest chemical companies in the world. A few years ago someone with the same views as yourself might have picketed and rallied against that practice.

What does someone being gay have to do with your kids well being? How does Ford giving support and money to a gay rights group affect your way of life, your children's health and life AT ALL???? If Ford gave to a Christian foundation, would you feel any different? Would you feel any different if it was a Jewish group?

Im sick of people using their children as shields and as a reason for preaching nonsensical bullshit about other groups. If i started a thread about boycotting Ford for advertising in a Christian magazine i would be labeled a heathen, an evil anti American/Family man that was out to pillage your morals and way of life. What the hell has a gay man or woman ever done to you or your family to ever warrant this type of resentment? What if it was indeed a the United Negro College Fund instead of the gay groups? What then? Would that offend you as well? really now. God forbid that you not want to buy a Ford ever again because a gay person might consider one.

Edited by Sixt9coug

This is one big moron-a-thon, and the queen dufus responsible is the AFA-and anyone dumb enough to fall in line with their hatred and related BS. The mental midgets that follow the AFA probably don't even understand that this same kind of seperationism was really popular in Germany some 70 years back.

Maybe they secretly think they'd look good in jackboots and SS regalia.

The AFA picked Ford because it looked like the company most vulnerable. Look at the list from the first page-why not go after Toyota, who are a bigger, juicier target beloved by the media? Why not go after more imports in general, trying to hide behind the flag and emphasize the "American" part of their name?

Because they're pathetic, craven cowards. I'm glad to say tha on all the auto boards I hang out at (quite a few), the people appalled by the AFA bulls**t outweigh those in favor by something over a 10-1 margin. This topic has been run into the ground here, and those supporting the AFA's actions have usually been exposed as homophobes and/or haters looking for a way to justify their bitterness.

As a proud American and a Family man, it makes me think that anyone that values either of those words could possibly have anything to do with that hateful, separatist organization.

It is easy to drag out the old "hate" herring to distract attention from the real issue. Those who engage in illicit sexual activity are self-absorbed. Just one of the results of this kind of self-centeredness has been more difficulty in finding good blood and organs for transplant when there is such a great need. It is probably true that those who are taking part in the boycott give more, as a per person average, to charities and give more blood than those liberals who are accusing them of being haters.

I want to see Ford succeed as much as anyone, still a GMC is in my future unless Ford can demonstrate responsibility in this arena. GM may sponsor some liberal talk-radio, but they are willing to pay Sean and Rush's confiscatory ad rates. Ford could at least demonstrate some balance by doing the same.

It is easy to drag out the old "hate" herring to distract attention from the real issue. Those who engage in illicit sexual activity are self-absorbed. Just one of the results of this kind of self-centeredness has been more difficulty in finding good blood and organs for transplant when there is such a great need. It is probably true that those who are taking part in the boycott give more, as a per person average, to charities and give more blood than those liberals who are accusing them of being haters.

I want to see Ford succeed as much as anyone, still a GMC is in my future unless Ford can demonstrate responsibility in this arena. GM may sponsor some liberal talk-radio, but they are willing to pay Sean and Rush's confiscatory ad rates. Ford could at least demonstrate some balance by doing the same.

Ford is showing responsibility in this area. They are exercising their free rights and supporting the rights of other free people. I can't think of anything more responsible. HIV/AIDS really has nothing to do with being gay, it has to do with having unprotected sex, and all kinds of couples do that, so stop being so quick to blame gay people.

Is that why almost every single racist organizations ever existed are religion based? Is that why Christian Identity violently opposes interracial marriages? Oh wait, is interracial marriages an "illicit sexual activity?"

Please, before you start defending hate by baselessly argue somehow they contribute more blood, please cite your sources and proof.

AFA crawls out of the same hole as the Westboro Baptist Church. It is about hate.